Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Absolutely no regrets; after a hot summer, I had zero issues with excessive heat. My kids love the panoramic view when driving, and it makes the cabin seem much more open.

Even with the pending recall, I don't have any worries with that. They'll reset the windshield and roof with extra adhesive. No big deal. I'll probably have that work done when I bring my car in for its 10K service appointment.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I see that the consensus is that people like it. My question regarding those of us who are follically challenged plus have to be careful of exposure to the sun for health reasons - does this coating protect you totally?
I keep my hair cut very close (about 1/4") and as each year passes my forehead gets higher and higher. The sekurit coating does an excellent job of uv protection as well as heat dissipation. Here's a link that gives good detail about uv and heat blocking. https://www.saint-gobain-sekurit.co...ure/enabling-sustainable-mobility/comfortskyr

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I am in Florida, which is probably one of the best regret test grounds for this roof, and the result is: regrets = zero. I did get my car tinted and my tint guy immediately said no way did it need further tinting.

I don't get the sense that any heat is coming through the roof whatsoever.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
I like the sunroof, mostly for the cloud views and generally pleasant light. Backseat people get the best benefits. I got through the Louisiana summer without any suffering. When I leave the car parked outside all day at work, I use window covers from heatshieldstore.com. I bought covers for the windshield, the sunroof, and the two front door windows. The combination works well, and I am now pretty fast sticking them on and off.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Love mine, even though as the perpetual driver, I rarely get to see it. Makes me smile when I do.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Same, no regrets. My only issue is it makes me feel quite dumb to put up windshield shades when the whole roof is open. I’m trying to let that go and just ignore them since the windshield is IRR also. But i swear holding my hand up to the windshield i feel more heat come through it than the roof glass.
The windshield DOES let in more heat than the roof glass.

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No regrets for me. I live in a really hot part of the country, and I bought a shade for it but never used it.

I'm the guy who would also keep the shade closed on my sunroof and never opened it, too.
Do you mind sharing which shade you bought? Thanks for your help.

HRT_Florida913

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Metallic MME, PR ER AWD, Mar 30, 21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Love it. Summer in Florida and no different than any other car I have had. In fact maybe actually a tad cooler than some.

I 100% agree with you. I am in SWFL, mid 90s all summer. No problem with the glass roof, I love it! The car actually stays surprisingly cool and the AC is pretty strong once you get in the car. I thought I would miss the ventilated seats more, I had them on my prior car, but the seats are not hot either. I am not missing any shades on the roof. Actually, I had a full glass roof on my old car with shades, and almost never closed them.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Zero regrets. Honestly I love it as it gives me a little more head room and makes the car feel more airy and brighter on the inside. Plus going threw the car wash is pretty cool as I can just look up and watch things. My 10 month old daughter loves just looking out the roof as things go by.
As of it getting hot in the Texas Sun. Well I just went threw the Texas summer and my Mach E stayed cooler in the sun than my wife's Santa Fe Sport with a sun visor blocking its panoramic roof so you tell me which is better at blocking the sun's heat.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
Love mine. It handled a week of 100+ weather without being parked in the shade just fine with windows up and no window shades. Was cooler than my previous car that I kept with the sunroof popped, side windows cracked and sun shade. Just wish it had the option to open it.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Zero regrets. Honestly I love it as it gives me a little more head room and makes the car feel more airy and brighter on the inside. Plus going threw the car wash is pretty cool as I can just look up and watch things. My 10 month old daughter loves just looking out the roof as things go by.
As of it getting hot in the Texas Sun. Well I just went threw the Texas summer and my Mach E stayed cooler in the sun than my wife's Santa Fe Sport with a sun visor blocking its panoramic roof so you tell me which is better at blocking the sun's heat.
Does your daughter have any issues with the sun shining in her eyes on a sunny day? I have a 5 month old now, considering a Mach-E and this is my only concern with the glass roof. Not a deal breaker though, I can always get a shade, just curious about your experience. Thanks!
Sponsored