KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Hey everyone! I am new to the group here. I joined because I am in the market for a MME. Live in southern CA so most likely going to get the CA Rt 1. But… since I have joined this group, I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of issues/complaints with the vehicle. To be fair, I currently drive a Jeep Cherokee and there are certainly ample issues/complaints on the Cherokee forums. So I guess all I really am looking for are some good positive experiences. What do you all LOVE about your MME? Any SOCAL owners? If so, which model did you get and how is that working out for you. At the end of the… are you all happy with your purchase? Thanks in advance for any comments (helpful, sarcastic, or otherwise)! Be safe out there!
So we have a lot in common. I live in So Cal spending most of my time between LA and SD. I actually traded in my 2015 Cherokee for a RWD Premium with extended battery back in April. I can honestly say this is the best car I’ve owned and I absolutely loved my Jeep. That thing was reliable as can be for me, but it’s just not nearly as fun as the ME.
My commute is from Glendale to El Segundo each day and the ME just makes the drive enjoyable. It’s my first EV and I feel this was less of a learning curve than going with a Tesla. The ME just feels like a solid car. If you do decide to make the switch you won’t be disappointed.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Love is such a strong word. Love your wife love your kids, love your family right?

I don't know if I love my mache yet we are still only 6 months into this relationship. And you guys know once they get a ring on their finger they can change into a whole new car. No more dressing up no more dinner no more _______. But cant just rent her or one nightstand. too many others want to take her for a ride. Guess I'm stuck now. Hope she has enough "battery" left to last to the 10-year anniversary at least. time will tell. ;)

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
What color did you order in the GTPE?
The short answer is the Space White Metallic.

The long answer is that my wife hates the Blue. Thinks it is too much a teenager color and she sees things like the Rav4 in what she thinks is the same color (She doesn't understand the significance of the Grabber Blue to the Mustang world). Anyway, the Blue and the Orange is out (I would have chosen the Cyber Orange) due to being too flashy/teenager, etc.

She didn't want Red (too cliche for a sportscar) and Black or Dark Grey are brutal during pollen season around here.

We both like the true white (Star White) but she has a Volvo XC40 that looks just like that now (white with a black top). Great looking car. So we wanted to do something a little bit different. I should have mentioned we have the Lightning on reserve and once that arrives, she will be driving the Mach-E GTPE to work and I will drive the Lightning. So she wanted something classier than the Blue or the Orange. One of the many compromises of married life.

So the Space White Metallic is neither of our first choices but it is a good compromise that we are both happy with. We both think it looks pretty cool.

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
Love is such a strong word. Love your wife love your kids, love your family right?

I don't know if I love my mache yet we are still only 6 months into this relationship. And you guys know once they get a ring on their finger they can change into a whole new car. No more dressing up no more dinner no more _______. But cant just rent her or one nightstand. too many others want to take her for a ride. Guess I'm stuck now. Hope she has enough "battery" left to last to the 10-year anniversary at least. time will tell. ;)
It is funny you say that. I bought a 2017 Mustang Convertible about a year ago (6-speed) and I actually felt guilty because when I would drive it, I "loved" it. I was so happy. I felt bad feeling that way about a "thing". Every time I would park it, I would walk about ten feet and look back at it. Every time. And I would laugh because I've heard people talk about that (looking back). Anyway, fast forward to getting the Mach-E in April and I would have to make myself take the convertible out because I wanted to drive the Mach-E instead. I actually don't "love" the Mach-E the way I did the convertible, I'm just not as interested in driving the convertible now because I have the Mach-E. We are selling the convertible to get the GTPE.

I know that was long - it just resonated with me when you said Love is such as strong word.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Love is a strong word. In our language this one word can mean so many different things and sometimes we do use it to reflect the less important meanings. What we are talking about here, for example, is material possession love -which isn’t truly love at all, and if taken too far may become harmful- but it has been lighthearted fun for me to read about everyone’s personification of “loving” our vehicles, which most of us have even named. Using one of the more extensive Greek definitions for love— for me, the feeling is also a bit Ludus, which is an infatuation or crush type of love- like a middle school fangirl talking about BTS. It is not Eros-romantic love; Philia- intimate authentic friendship; Storge- unconditional familial love; Philautia—self love/self respect; Pragma- committed compassionate love; or the absolute real love Agape- unconditional, empathetic, selfless, universal love. (God’s perfect love that Jesus taught.) There. I said it. ❤
…But hoping to get back to the lighthearted reading about how everyone “loves” their new Mustang Mach-E’s. ?

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Quick jaunt over to the Tesla forums reveals the top post right now is some dude who had to FLATBED HIS BRAND NEW Y TO A TESLA SERVICE CENTER FOR A FLAT TIRE, and had not heard anything other than "the tire is not in stock and will have to be ordered" in over 24 hours. I assure you, NO ONE in this forum who has ever owned a car before the MME can even envision a scenario that dumb, and there are some REALLY dumb dealership stories floating around.
Tesla has a mobile services that comes from over 200 miles away. My Ford dealer is 25 miles away so you can do the math.

The way I was treated by Tesla before they had my money (preordered MY P) I came to a conclusion of how I would be treated after. To say Tesla has better service is just a joke. Feeling that disinformation campaign rolling in lately. Tesla is better than Ford at that but that is about it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is only one thing that started annoying me since I got Mach-E: all those slow drivers around.
I look back after a red light and all are 1/2 a mile back a few seconds after the green. I am thinking what the heck will it be like when we all this quick. May not be fast but darn it is quick.

I like the slow drivers… because I can pass them near instantaneously. I think that’s the most fun part. Even at 45 MPH behind some Gomer, drop the hammer and be in front of them in 3 seconds. Wheeeeee. ?
I have to watch when I tramp it I have room to get out into the on coming lane fast enough so I do not run into the back of them. Whole knew experience this instant torque. 3 seconds? May be time to calibrate your stop watch ;)

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hey everyone! I am new to the group here. I joined because I am in the market for a MME. Live in southern CA so most likely going to get the CA Rt 1. But… since I have joined this group, I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of issues/complaints with the vehicle. To be fair, I currently drive a Jeep Cherokee and there are certainly ample issues/complaints on the Cherokee forums. So I guess all I really am looking for are some good positive experiences. What do you all LOVE about your MME? Any SOCAL owners? If so, which model did you get and how is that working out for you. At the end of the… are you all happy with your purchase? Thanks in advance for any comments (helpful, sarcastic, or otherwise)! Be safe out there!
Dude, It's a great car!!! Just like most things on the internet; you mostly just get the negative. As the majority of us are happy and out driving; not sitting in our cubicle typing. I Love my RR EXT 4WD. In all fairness if your not looking for a muscle other options are Telsa, but I'd look at Kia's EV6 or Hyundai's Ionic 5 for comparison purposes.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Welcome!
Yes there is sufficient love for the car here. Wont say it by reading all these threads but if something's wrong, I understand the urge to share here to see if there are solutions/ people with the same issue.

The car is great. Driving electric is great. The good part about this car is that it looks awesome and it really turns heads. Its slightly bigger than the Tesla model 3 which we see a lot here in The Netherlands. So its a welcome new face on the roads.
Yes, it has some smaller downsides, like noisy Mode 3 charging, roof/ tailgate gap, software glitches (like not remembering some settings), road noise when speeding & stiff ride (EU suspension), but other than that, such a great car.
Lovely aspects: fast, good looking, no fumes, great driving assists, spacious interior, generally well built.
Always a joy to walk up to the car and go for a drive

DenverDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red Mach E
Country flag
The MME is awesome and fun to drive. I have a rapid red FE and do find additional reasons to go for a drive. PAAK has not been an issue, just take it out of left pocket and put it in right or on center tray. Adaptive cruise control with lane centering is such a great feature, and can't wait for bluecruise.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Love when self entitled blowhards have to try and discredit someone else’s OPINION on a subject just because they don’t agree.

No one cares if you disagree with an OPINION, opinions are not factual and the thoughts of someone with information they have.

Post is asking for our opinions, not asking for people that disagree to try and discredit posts.
OP is considering a MME and wants to know if it’s any good. You posted a bunch of rubbish that is literally unknowable and some blatantly false information. I pointed it out.

You then told us your actual experience consisted of a few minor issues which you are choosing to wait to address because the dealer won’t be able to get to it immediately (which is certainly not desirable but makes sense given it’s FMC’s first high volume EV and is brand new). This information would have been MUCH more useful for the OP instead of telling them “every part is back ordered” and “majority of dealers have no clue” how to fix them.

If you don’t like it when someone corrects you when you post false information and literally call it “fact,” then just stop doing that and you won’t have to resort to name calling. Solve your own problems.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I LOVE my car. BEST car I have ever owned. Some bugs. But we are early adopters on the cutting edge. Every time I drive I smile.
Sponsored