Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Shadow Black SR RWD, 57 Ford Thunderbird ICE
Occupation
Retired Architect
Country flag
I'm pretty happy with mine, can't wait until they come out with a 2dr convertible version.
A glass roof is not the same as no roof - especially driving to the beach on a nice day.
Sponsored

MissyBenita

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium
Occupation
retired detective
Country flag
After getting my MME I didn't notice anything wrong with the tires, so I'm still using OEM.
But I checked and got quotes from 3 places for EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS - SIZE: 245/50ZR19, including the dealership, and nobody said that it's a wrong size.
Thanks for the quick response, Alex. There's another thread re: slippery when wet & I chimed in with a very unsettling experience I had on the highway today during a heavy rain/flooding. Didn't take much, but it's the second time the car easily started to hydroplane (& I promise it wasn't a lack of knowledge or experience that caused it). At this point, I don't want to drive in the slightest rain or wet roadways & crash my car. Bottom line, the OEM tires are not well suited for this car &/or wet weather. Don't have snow issues, but it is our rainy season. As much as I don't want to sink more money into this, like Guy previously said, it's the first time I'm opting for different tires on my new car because I just don't feel safe for myself or others. In my earlier years, I've driven various crap cars with bald or questionable tires & this has never happened. Love my car, so want to keep him safe too.

I may have found a local source, but am still waffling between those 2 sizes I mentioned & which would be a better choice for my particular road conditions. I don't know enough about the subtle nuances of tires to make an informed decision, so I'm hoping someone sees this & gives me some feedback. I just need to do this quickly since they may need to be ordered & sent to Hawaii.

About 35 or so years ago, my sister slid off a mossy tree covered roadway down at least a 75' embankment & rolled my Ford Pinto to the bottom. Didn't take much either - she steered through a bend in the road & the car didn't. She walked away probably since there was so much overgrowth that it cushioned her roll, but those Pintos had those combustable gas tanks, so she was lucky.

Take care & I just love your profile pic - so true.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Never had an EV and have only ever had one Ford (Excursion) before. I've owned Alfa, MB, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Jeep, Land Rover, etc. and this is by far the best car I've owned. Prior to buying my MME Premium AWD I test drove Polestar, Tesla & Fisker. Last car I test drove was the MME and I bought it on the spot from the dealer. I live in snow country and have had no issues having putting 16,000km on the vehicle since January 2021.

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Hell yes! Love driving it. Love the cheap 'gas'. Have had it for about 2 months and have not been hit too hard yet with cold mileage handicap as it is pretty mild in Denver so far. Will be interested to see how it performs in snow and ice conditions. Have been on many rough and dirt roads comfortably. So far my Acura had better sound system and better creature comforts but I'm very happy with my MMe.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have to agree it is the best car I have ever owned, it handles well and I really enjoy driving it. Having said that, it lacks what is needed to be an SUV (although Thule did just come out with a roof rack option) roof rails would have been appreciated, and I would normally expect an SUV to be able to tow and have a larger ground clearance. If I ever decide that I really need to tow I will look around for a real SUV EV and trade it in (maybe when Chevy comes out with the Blazer). There have been some minor bugs (read PAAK) that I haven't yet returned to the dealership to resolve yet as I have been waiting to get the windshield done.

Hoovertac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Mustang Shelby, 20 Escape, 21 Mach E
Occupation
Crisis Intervention
Country flag
Hey everyone! I am new to the group here. I joined because I am in the market for a MME. Live in southern CA so most likely going to get the CA Rt 1. But… since I have joined this group, I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of issues/complaints with the vehicle. To be fair, I currently drive a Jeep Cherokee and there are certainly ample issues/complaints on the Cherokee forums. So I guess all I really am looking for are some good positive experiences. What do you all LOVE about your MME? Any SOCAL owners? If so, which model did you get and how is that working out for you. At the end of the… are you all happy with your purchase? Thanks in advance for any comments (helpful, sarcastic, or otherwise)! Be safe out there!
Took delivery in February and still 'love' the car. I used to drive a focus EV and that experience has really informed my expectations for the Mach E which have been surpassed. Having said all that.... I am hoping for improvements to the charging network that make it more redundant and reliable.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I really like the electric Mustang, and it is the second-best car I have ever owned.

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
I echo this. Great car. Lousy buying, support and service. Needs this all fixing and they are onto a winner.
Sorry you had a poor buying experience. I was in and out, at MSRP on a retail sale of my GT PE, in less than 45 minutes. May have been because it was 17F outside. ?

The EV6 will be better, but only if you prefer that shape, or want to tow. An Ionic 5 will be a bit less and shares lots of the bits and platform of the EV6 but isn't as well built.
I'm not so sure it will be "better", depends on how you define "better". I do know that as far as engineering goes, Monroe & Associates ranks the MME second, behind Tesla MY. Looks and features are subjective, but I won't drive a vehicle that does fart noises and light shows.

I want to love this car, but not there quite yet. They are all compromises, but Ford is not listening or acting fast enough in this fast moving and tech savvy sector.
Not moving fast enough compared to who? Tesla, who has had paint, fit and finish issues for over ten years?!? This is still a NEW model. Give Ford a couple of years, and it will be a very well sorted vehicle. We "Adopt Early", we takes our chances. As far as service goes maybe try a different dealer?
Anyway I hope your experience improves and you are able to enjoy the car. Life is too short.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
We're only in the 3rd week of ownership of Premium Mach-E AWD SR.
Love the car.
Not a problem so far, unless you count the elusive Pony logo projection (Damn thing never shows up).
Every time I get in the car it puts a smile on my face (very much like my MB).
Merging on highway or passing a car is a breeze (some times too tempting and easily reach 80+).
Fit/finish/color inside and out looks just great.
MachE is wife's car so I rarely get to drive it.
I am tempted to get another one for myself but it does NOT fit in our plans.
My next vehicle needs to be a towing vehicle (which MB does well), like a F150 or Ram 1500.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
We're only in the 3rd week of ownership of Premium Mach-E AWD SR.
Love the car.
Not a problem so far, unless you count the elusive Pony logo projection (Damn thing never shows up).
Every time I get in the car it puts a smile on my face (very much like my MB).
Merging on highway or passing a car is a breeze (some times too tempting and easily reach 80+).
Fit/finish/color inside and out looks just great.
MachE is wife's car so I rarely get to drive it.
I am tempted to get another one for myself but it does NOT fit in our plans.
My next vehicle needs to be a towing vehicle (which MB does well), like a F150 or Ram 1500.
So happy to hear that you're experience with your Mach-E has been nothing but positive! Thank you for the support.

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-> buyback and Mach E Select
Country flag
I have had my Select since October and I love it! I plan to keep this for a few years and then when there is a second generation battery trade it in for a hopefully more efficient model with the panoramic roof and interior lighting.

I wouldn't have bought a first model year one except my previous car was bought back by the manufacturer. This is not my first electric car, but do much more fun than the Bolt.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Every time I drive by a gas station i love it more and just giggle !
Sponsored