Does the Mach E being built in Mexico bother you?

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™m more bothered by how much of it originates in China.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Don't really care where Ford Motor Company assembles cars. A worldwide company is going to have plants everywhere.

I just wish it didn't take so long for a train with my MME on it to get from the plant in Mexico to Kansas City (Three Weeks?) !!!!

And then another three weeks to get to SE Florida.....

This timeline of course assumes my MME is not put in lock down somewhere to fix problems FMC will not tell us about, which delays delivery another XX days.

Just to know how maddening this is, I am now only 10 days into the shipping process. ?

Jim

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Don't really care where Ford Motor Company assembles cars. A worldwide company is going to have plants everywhere.

I just wish it didn't take so long for a train with my MME on it to get from the plant in Mexico to Kansas City (Three Weeks?) !!!!

And then another three weeks to get to SE Florida.....

This timeline of course assumes my MME is not put in lock down somewhere to fix problems FMC will not tell us about, which delays delivery another XX days.

Just to know how maddening this is, I am now only 10 days into the shipping process. ?

Jim
Freight Trains go at an average of around 10 to 20 mph. They also average well over 130 railroad cars. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re slow.

The average time to KC on KCMS is 2 weeks. If there is a nasty storm, as there was in February, and a shelter in place order due in parts of Mexico to the pandemic, you get a serious manpower shortage for running the trains. But it averages 2 weeks.

Be thankful youā€™re not in the EU, Alaska, or Hawaii. Those are long waits.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not at all. My Car is immaculate,

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
It is somewhat of an odd decision to build a vehicle with an iconic nameplate, and one with such an important future for the company in Mexico. Doesn't personally bother me, but they could have played off the "all American" market marketing angle if they had chosen to build it here.

Also, there would probably be less quality issues and teething pains if the car had been built in Michigan, since a purpose built EV is new for Ford and all the senior engineering teams would have been in close proximity to the factory.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is somewhat of an odd decision to build a vehicle with an iconic nameplate, and one with such an important future for the company in Mexico. Doesn't personally bother me, but they could have played off the "all American" market marketing angle if they had chosen to build it here.

Also, there would probably be less quality issues and teething pains if the car had been built in Michigan, since a purpose built EV is new for Ford and all the senior engineering teams would have been in close proximity to the factory.
This.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is a global vehicle for Ford, not just being sold in the US. One of the big reasons theyā€™re building it in Mexico is that the tariffs would be much higher to export it overseas from a US plant.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This is a global vehicle for Ford, not just being sold in the US. One of the big reasons theyā€™re building it in Mexico is that the tariffs would be much higher to export it overseas from a US plant.
Exactly. If the US had as many free trade agreements for vehicle exports as Mexico does, Ford might have found a way to build it in the US.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Plus the availability of the 50-year old plant fit perfectly. Ford ended production of the Fiesta in 2019. Made it perfect for retooling the plant for a brand new 2021 model like the Mach-E.

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
On the COO paper it states Mexico - 70%, USA - 15% and I guess the remaining 15% would be PRC among others.

SimS

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Does the Mach E being built in Mexico bother you? dead thread

Good morning good morning, Yep Someone had to bring this up again. let me get a cup of coffee first. ā˜•

If we are worried so much about the mache or anything being made in Mexico, guess the same goes for china?
Guess you better take 70% of whatever you own and remove it too. A lot of your nails in the framing of your house, guess what not from America. Come on down today I have a hammer you can borrow and remove. Oh shit wait, it's made in Mexico my bad.

Everything we own takes parts and items from all over the world to make it.
How is the cup of coffee?
how about the ring on the wife's finger?
Next time you eat out you think those napkins and straws are made here?

This whole thread is just nonsense.

Toyota has a plant right down the road from me. Guess what you think because that car is built here the money is not going back to Japan? The Big boys at Toyota are sitting right now drinking the best wine and eating Kobe beef laughing at this thread.

VW is building in Tennessee. Why? The cost of shipping is getting too much. That money also is not staying here.
But Tru, Tru the workers are getting a job and pay. That is table scraps. The big companies are like your parents saying here son here is your allowance now go get you some bubble gum.

I work for ford, And no the union is not happy about it and we want all the jobs here correct. I know ford manufactures more vehicles in the united states than anyone else. So they make the mache in Mexico as it is a "worldwide" auto sale.

What company doesn't do that. Pride and fighting for jobs in your country are great. But this thread is silly. So by someones thinking if all the parts of Toyota vehicles come from Japan but it's put together here that's better?

Don't be so hard on our brothers below the border. Never know might be a day when we need them........................