Dongar dash cam adapter installation. Anyone done it yet?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
They do offer a rear cam as an option. Here's an example for a RAV4.

I’m getting a little happier that I haven’t gotten a dash cam yet. This looks so promising! 😊🐩
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
If you want an integrated camera that looks OEM, I’ve been working with Fitcamx on a prototype. Should be available this month.
I have a FitcamX in my Mini SE and was wondering if/when they'd do the same with the Mach-E!

Here's a youtube video of the FitcamX in the Mini (I'm sure the camera will be identical, since it's just the housing that changes per vehicle). In case anyone was wondering about quality (this is the 4K front, 1080p rear version):

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I have a FitcamX in my Mini SE and was wondering if/when they'd do the same with the Mach-E!

Here's a youtube video of the FitcamX in the Mini (I'm sure the camera will be identical, since it's just the housing that changes per vehicle). In case anyone was wondering about quality (this is the 4K front, 1080p rear version):
Is that your mini? Why is the housing "split" like that, almost like it doesn't fully snap together?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Is that your mini? Why is the housing "split" like that, almost like it doesn't fully snap together?
No - not my mini. Maybe they just didn't snap it together super well.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
@generaltso, any update on the Fitcamx version for the Mach-E?
They said they had problems with the original mold, so it will take a couple more weeks. I hope it's soon because I'm getting tired of looking at the horrible color of the 3D printed prototype.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really hoping @generaltso got the launch version and can share actual photos rather than renderings.

What are the 1 and 3 minute loop options? Will it continuously be recording on trips or just in 1 or 3 minute loops and you have to remember to hit a button to save that loop?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really hoping @generaltso got the launch version and can share actual photos rather than renderings.

What are the 1 and 3 minute loop options? Will it continuously be recording on trips or just in 1 or 3 minute loops and you have to remember to hit a button to save that loop?
It’s on its way, but I don’t have it yet.

The loop options are just for setting the length of each clip before it creates a new video file. It will continuously record until the memory card is full, and then it will start overwriting the oldest files. You can also set it to permanently save files after it detects an impact so that files that potentially recorded an accident aren’t overwritten.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s on its way, but I don’t have it yet.

The loop options are just for setting the length of each clip before it creates a new video file. It will continuously record until the memory card is full, and then it will start overwriting the oldest files. You can also set it to permanently save files after it detects an impact so that files that potentially recorded an accident aren’t overwritten.
Should we be concerned they didn’t let you test the final version or just wing it and hope it’s great?

Awesome, makes sense, thanks for the explanation!
Sponsored