EV6 owner rides in my MME

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Why rate so highly?
It was quiet, far quieter than a M3 or a MY. Maybe on par with a MS. Maybe. As quiet as the MME? *shrug* Close perhaps.

Caveat: There are no freeways here and all the roads are asphalt. Hilo is also a high traffic city, getting up to speed is not something that happens within the city and the surrounding area.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
As you said, YMMV. Personally (nobody else’s opinion, just mine) I do not find that any of the Korean triplets is cosmetically my cup of tea. Strictly my tastes. I’m a canine, so take that for what it’s worth. 🤷‍♂️🐩
None of the designs other than MME suit me. Typical cat.

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
Personally I like the buttons on the doors and the look of not having handles. That being said, it is frustrating everytime you give someone a ride for the first time and you have to give them a whole walkthrough of how to open the door.

“Okay push the button. No… the button…. The circle with the white circle inside of it”

Sometimes I just end up reaching over and opening the door from the inside for them
I just tell them "if you can't open the door then you don't get to ride in my MME"

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
So how many 12v battery failures have there actually been? Do you know? Funny, so many people posting on here with tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of miles and yet...no 12v battery failures.
My car is 12 months old and it's on a 3rd 12v battery.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So how many 12v battery failures have there actually been? Do you know? Funny, so many people posting on here with tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of miles and yet...no 12v battery failures.
You must be new here.

Our 12v died at under 10k. Bad software -> didn't charge the 12v -> dealer didn't update all the modules on a CSP like they should have -> died in a parking lot.

A software problem, now fixed. No big deal I'm sure. No bug would ever cause bad behavior again, like the car being in the middle of the driver's display rather than the speed.

fleeps

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, AWD, Extended Battery, Rapid Red
Country flag
The one big thing Kia has that Ford does not, is you can initiate the "Lane Keep Assist" without engaging the cruise control. So you can use that feature just toolin
Which was fine until lane keeping shut off without telling you and tried to kill you by running into oncoming traffic. The only indicator in the Niro EV was that the tiny steering wheel in the drive info screen changed from green to white. The MME dings and gives you time to retake control of the steering. In the Niro EV, I had to wait until I felt the car starting to veer.

OP
OP
DugthePug Dad

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Which factory was it built?
is there more than the plant in Mexico?

I thought all MMEs come out of that factory only.

OP
OP
DugthePug Dad

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was thinking of the plant that supplies North America 🤷‍♂️🇺🇸

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
The one big thing Kia has that Ford does not, is you can initiate the "Lane Keep Assist" without engaging the cruise control. So you can use that feature just tooling around town.
LKA works without cruise control being activated.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Ev6 ride quality and suspension is way better than mme

RagingDork

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Dark Matter Grey
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A lot of the car reviewers go gaga over the new kia/hyundai design and features but the company seems pretty bad at after sales service. I get tempted because their new cars look pretty cool but I have to remember all the sadness from the Kia/Hyundai reddit and forums. I also remember seeing on youtube some dude had a sticker saying their kia soul was a hybrid because it burns oil and gas 😂.
Sponsored