Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
A short follow-up. I decided to get a vanity plate (SUN 100) so was digging through my dealer provided documentation. I discovered the Mach-e was described in the DMV application paperwork filled out by the finance guy as a Ford Truck, Gas. Fortunately the DMV knew better and registered it as an EV.

scottintucson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD Grabber Blue
Country flag
Thanks. I guess they sell mostly trucks there so I’ll have to watch for that.

OP
OP
Mrn

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Also, the car was in Unbridled Mode when I got it. I've since dialed it down a notch for a better driving experience. That also added a regenerative braking score to the display.

I acquired a 40 amp 14-50 charger and put the provided Ford 32 amp charger in the car for use away from home.

The car is great so far🤞

scottintucson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will post when I get it...how is yours? Still going good? What color did you get? I very rarely see one in Tucson. I think I have a radar for them, as I can pick em out of traffic as they whiz by...LOL!

OP
OP
Mrn

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I will post when I get it...how is yours? Still going good? What color did you get? I very rarely see one in Tucson. I think I have a radar for them, as I can pick em out of traffic as they whiz by...LOL!
I'm loving mine. On the NW side where I live I must be the only one! Near Campbell and River I see them and other EVs much more often.

Mine is Space White Metallic and has SUN 100 on a clouds/sky plate. Pull me over if you see me.

scottintucson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm loving mine. On the NW side where I live I must be the only one! Near Campbell and River I see them and other EVs much more often.

Mine is Space White Metallic and has SUN 100 on a clouds/sky plate. Pull me over if you see me.
Cool...I'm on the East side, so we may not cross paths much, but I'll be on the lookout. When mine arrives, it'lll be grabber blue, so not too hard to spot. I've seen one other around at Costco on the east side in grabber blue.

scottintucson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was able to trace my car today on the train. It passed through Williams AZ this afternoon. Hopefully, that means it will be delivered in the expected time frame.

OP
OP
Mrn

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Great Scott! Mine went from Kansas to El Mirage (in Phoenix metro) and sat there for quite a while. I needed to keep bugging Ford customer service to see when it got to the dealership. Even though the salesman said I would be the first one to know when it arrived, it was escalation within Ford service that showed me the dealer already had it. Hopefully you'll have an easier time.

scottintucson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's weird that such a small dealership as Oracle wouldn't just be on it right away. I'll keep your experience in mind...thanks!

scottintucson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's my post to the build week group. It went relatively easy and they kept all the same deal, in fact a little better with an extra $300 rebate. There was a hitch because I had placed a fraud alert on my credit report a while back and Ford credit didn't know how to get around it. Fortunately, my wife alone got approved. Funny thing is that we also bought a Subaru a week before and they knew how to get further verification to get past the fraud alert.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/10-10-22-build-week-fam.20771/post-552580

OP
OP
Mrn

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Nice Scott!
Mine was in Unbridled mode when I picked it up. I've found Whisper mode to be the best for throttle control since it was difficult to back out of the driveway smoothly with Unbridled. Same top end response but better low speed control.
How many miles on it when you got it? Mine had 14. I'm not sure what is typical.
Sponsored