EZ-Pass transponder interference?

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Now I know why I have been getting red lights the last few times...guess I will wait to get the tickets and bring them in with my transponder...now to order a license plate transponder...
they work in the black area next to the rearview mirror
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Good job guys. Now fix the coil whine, LVB, and charging issues.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Our toll system has a list of "problem windshields" it hasn't been updated since 2018, but I did see this, and matches what others have said. Sounds like that's a Ford thing. This is a list of vehicles and special placements for the sticker if you have the listed feature.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EZ-Pass transponder interference? 1614053606097

Benken

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE, 2019 Q5, 2006 999, 2012 Diavel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The trip back after getting the Mach-e, I entered behind another car so I possibly could have snuck in behind him.

Getting off in the ez pass only lane, the gate wouldn't go up. I stuck it out the window and nothing. Someone finally came over and took the transponder and entered the number.

So yeah... You'd think me sticking it out the window would have worked if it's a glass obstruction. I was thinking maybe the car was interfering with the transponder electronically somehow?
The trip back after getting the Mach-e, I entered behind another car so I possibly could have snuck in behind him.

Getting off in the ez pass only lane, the gate wouldn't go up. I stuck it out the window and nothing. Someone finally came over and took the transponder and entered the number.

So yeah... You'd think me sticking it out the window would have worked if it's a glass obstruction. I was thinking maybe the car was interfering with the transponder electronically somehow?
My FE will not register for entry into my gated community. We tried two separate decals without success. Luckily they have an option of a headlight decal but unfortunately I will have to wait until Clear Sheild has a cutout for the headlights. I intend to put Clear Bra on the front end including headlights.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I don't think anyone else in the SF Bay Area has tested yet, but I tried on Sunday with a newer Fastrak CAV tag going through the toll on the Dumbarton Bridge. I placed the tag on the black area on the driver's side of the rear view mirror. Unfortunately, I didn't see the display flash "Valid Fastrak" and I don't see a record of the transaction on my Fastrak account, so I don't think it worked. I'll have to try again another time.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Is there a way to test placement to see if the readers can read it without, you know, stopping traffic?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good job guys. Now fix the coil whine, LVB, and charging issues.
Fortunately Ford seems to have fixed the LVB issue. The software update seems to have worked for everyone.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Fortunately Ford seems to have fixed the LVB issue. The software update seems to have worked for everyone.
Glad that it's fixed, but did they ever explain what the issue was?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
No, it needs to be done at the dealership.
I asked my dealership today to please make sure the software updates are done before I pick the car up tomorrow or Thursday. The salesman indicated that they replaced the battery at the plant because they had put in the Focus battery which was part of the problem you were having @ChasingCoral . Not sure how accurate that is.
Sponsored