First Mach e Hate crime in SoCal!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Vandalism is vandalism, don't need to call it anything else like a hate crime, simply report it as such. It's also a felony if over $400 damages. In California, hate crimes need to be for actual or perceived one of the following:
  • Race or ethnicity
  • National origin
  • Religion
  • Gender identity
  • Genetic information
  • Medical condition
  • Marital status
  • Primary language
  • Citizenship or immigration status
  • Political affiliation
  • Position in a labor dispute
  • Physical or mental disability
  • Your association with a person or group with one or more of these “actual” or “perceived” characteristics
Lotta ways we could go with this, but I think the most obvious pathway to hate crime is that you car identifies as a Mustang.
Sponsored

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
I remember reading on this forum that Ford acknowledged that a surveillance system similar to Tesla's Sentry Mode was at least possible at some future date. All the hardware is there, as I understand it. I think factory security systems like this could ultimately reduce vehicle vandalism dramatically. Tesla's system has caught a number of vandals (and other criminals) in the act, and word gets around. I don't have data, but I have to believe it has helped bring numbers down.

Honestly, the Sentry Mode was one of the biggest features that had me carefully considering a Model 3/Y against the Mach-E. EV hate is real, and so obviously is anti-Mach-E hate from the traditional Mustang / pony car crowd. That's two groups with bad actors potentially looking to take out frustration in cowardly fashion. I am hoping that I never come across any of these folks, but with a bright orange GT, it's going to draw both positive and negative attention, and all it takes is one guy brazen enough to act out to leave the car scratched, kicked, or "hotdogged". ?? If I knew that these people knew that the car might be watching them, it would provide peace of mind.

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
I remember reading on this forum that Ford acknowledged that a surveillance system similar to Tesla's Sentry Mode was at least possible at some future date. All the hardware is there, as I understand it. I think factory security systems like this could ultimately reduce vehicle vandalism dramatically. Tesla's system has caught a number of vandals (and other criminals) in the act, and word gets around. I don't have data, but I have to believe it has helped bring numbers down.

Honestly, the Sentry Mode was one of the biggest features that had me carefully considering a Model 3/Y against the Mach-E. EV hate is real, and so obviously is anti-Mach-E hate from the traditional Mustang / pony car crowd. That's two groups with bad actors potentially looking to take out frustration in cowardly fashion. I am hoping that I never come across any of these folks, but with a bright orange GT, it's going to draw both positive and negative attention, and all it takes is one guy brazen enough to act out to leave the car scratched, kicked, or "hotdogged". ?? If I knew that these people knew that the car might be watching them, it would provide peace of mind.
That thought process blows my mind. The ones Ive come across (one of them even being my dad) still understand the whole car/car scene/car world or however youd like to label it. I mean that in a sense of, you still dont touch someone elses vehicle especially when it comes in terms of damaging it. That just isnt right.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Ouch. Sorry to hear that, especially since I live in the same town. What color is your ME? Maybe I'll see you some time. Mine is Iconic Silver. BTW, in what parking lot did this occur?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Clearly a Trojan.

OP
OP

Birdmanf16

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e4 X
Occupation
Retired AF, log home restoration contractor
Country flag
Our "hotdogged" car is silver premium extended range. Had another incident with teenagers yelling at my wife from their car trying to intimidate her. She does not intimidate easily and quickly shut them down.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Yeah, used to happen a lot to Tesla -- that and someone unplugging Superchargers. But there are enough Sentry Mode vids on YouTube to have calmed the chimps down.
Sponsored