jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
So, I just read about this, and as a Tesla convert for the last 6 years, am very positive about just buying a car, like anything else these days, without having to deal with extra drama. I know I read about someone doing it this way on here, but not many. How many "dealerships" is this available at to purchase a Mach e this way? I don't see an option to purchase mine this way yet at my local "dealership," but it's also 6 months away.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/f...pand-online-car-buying-beyond-mustang-mach-e/
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I believe the Online Checkout is initiated by the dealer inviting you into it, once your vehicle has arrived at the dealership.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, I just read about this, and as a Tesla convert for the last 6 years, am very positive about just buying a car, like anything else these days, without having to deal with extra drama. I know I read about someone doing it this way on here, but not many. How many "dealerships" is this available at to purchase a Mach e this way? I don't see an option to purchase mine this way yet at my local "dealership," but it's also 6 months away.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/f...pand-online-car-buying-beyond-mustang-mach-e/
I got my Mach E in April. Once it arrived at the dealer I got an email from Ford to finish the transaction online. Went thru the whole process including trade in. Gave me a very fair price for the trade in. In the end said paperwork was being sent to my dealer and all I needed to do was bring the trade in with me and sign the paper work. Very nice process except the dealer didn't know anything about it. Claimed they never got the paperwork and wouldn't honor the trade in price. I did give them the paperwork and the emails so they could see what Ford was sending. In the end I had a better trade in offer from Carvana which covered the difference in sales tax so I did not fight with Ford to follow thru with the online process. My dealer process was quick and smooth so I don't have complaints, but the dealer was quite frustrated claiming they knew nothing about this process and never received the paperwork. I think they were also frustrated to be cut out of the process. Not sure if anything has changed since then but it was clear Ford and Ford dealers are not on the same page when it comes to Mach E.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Good luck actually getting a dealer to allow that. They would shudder at the thought of their customers not having to sit through the finance guy's sales pitch and being able to make a no-pressure final decision at home! You might actually figure out they snuck something in your payments! Ahh the horror! Lost profits galore!

Dealers will resist this fiercely and insist on you doing it the old fashioned way. Until they see other dealers making a killing with online sales, then they might consider it. They will cling to their old bag of tricks like their life depended on it.

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Although not necessarily as mentioned in this article, I purchased mine remotely. I signed all the paperwork electronically, including stepping through all the finance shenanigans. When I went to the dealership (3 hours away) it was just to inspect the car, retrieve my registration and key. Very simple. I really hope Ford offers a 100% online process option, but I suspect they will receive a ton of pushback.

I wouldn't mind conducting the whole process at the dealer if I didn't feel like I had to put on boxing gloves as soon as I walked back to finance. Worst part of of the whole car buying process IMHO.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford is attempting to become Tesla.

My dealer said "Ford is not Tesla".

I ordered online, dealership never accepted order until I asked why they hadn't. This new effort by Ford isn't working at their largest dealerships, imagine the smaller ones...

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Personally I would love for this to become a reality. I'm just the type of person that wants the process done from my couch rather than in some finance dude/gals office listening to stuff I have no intention of purchasing.

Like others have said, push back from the dealer network will be fierce, I'm sure. It would, essentially, force them into becoming used car lots with no control over the new cars passing through.

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I just read about this last night as well. Sounds great to me. The last car I bought (my wife’s Toyota Highlander) was done through an auto broker and it was a great experience: we got a fair price, the car was delivered to our house, and the whole process was super painless. I love the idea of not needing to step foot inside a dealer if I don’t have to. I can’t seem to find a list of participating dealers, but the article implies somebody is doing this, somewhere. I’ve already gone through most of the process (my car is waiting for chips), so it doesn’t apply to me, but I’d love to see the process get easier for others to lower the barrier of entry.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is the first new Ford I've ever owned, and while my process in the dealership was relatively painless and didn't involve ADM shenanigans, what should have been a 30 minute deal somehow stretched to two hours, with most of it being me just waiting around for things to happen. Bleh. The only thing the finance guy tried to sell me was Gap Insurance, but I told him with my down payment, there was no gap to insure, and he dropped it and didn't bother with any other add-ons.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
I’ve already gone through most of the process (my car is waiting for chips).
Has your Mach-e GT been produced? If so, do you have an estimated shipping or delivery date?

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
Has your Mach-e GT been produced? If so, do you have an estimated shipping or delivery date?
No. I’m in with the Halloween group. I believe my build (apart from chips) was completed on 7/17 according to the tracker website.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I attempted the online purchasing process for my car....mainly because I wanted to have some Ford Options numbers in front of me in case my dealer couldn't figure it out. But the process didn't take into account the $1500 California Clean Fuel Reward, which dealers have to opt into, so after getting to the end of the process I ended up pushing the "send info and sign at dealer" button. Now it would have been great if all I had to do was sign, but I basically had to start at scratch at the dealership.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
No. I’m in with the Halloween group. I believe my build (apart from chips) was completed on 7/17 according to the tracker website.
Kind of a good news/bad news deal. Ford still states my production date is 8/22/21 (GTPE in COM)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I attempted the online purchasing process for my car....mainly because I wanted to have some Ford Options numbers in front of me in case my dealer couldn't figure it out. But the process didn't take into account the $1500 California Clean Fuel Reward, which dealers have to opt into, so after getting to the end of the process I ended up pushing the "send info and sign at dealer" button. Now it would have been great if all I had to do was sign, but I basically had to start at scratch at the dealership.
The dealer from whom I purchased my Fusion Energi (whom I can't stand) told me that they wouldn't offer the CA CFR as a PoS rebate and that I'd have to apply for it myself. Since I already hated that dealership, I had Ford change my reservation to a different dealer. Not going with a dealer that I already hate and won't help me out by doing 3 minutes'worth of paperwork.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
The dealer from whom I purchased my Fusion Energi (whom I can't stand) told me that they wouldn't offer the CA CFR as a PoS rebate and that I'd have to apply for it myself. Since I already hated that dealership, I had Ford change my reservation to a different dealer. Not going with a dealer that I already hate and won't help me out by doing 3 minutes'worth of paperwork.
And I'm pretty sure it's *only* a POS rebate, so I'm glad you changed dealers! Not exactly a customer-friendly business model, is it?
Sponsored