Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Just picked up my MME this afternoon and did the 36-mos Ford Options plan. It took the dealer over a week to figure out how to set things up in their DMS. But in the end, the numbers and payment they showed me fell right in line with the info shared here.

And one other thing: besides the $1000 Ford Options rebate and $100 Drive Assist rebate, they found an additional "VIN-specific" $1000 rebate!
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Hybrid2bev, thank you thank you thank you. It took less than 30 minutes to do the paperwork. I couldn’t have done Ford Options without the help I received from you as well as other members of the forum who encouraged me along the way. Thanks again.
Ditto. @hybrid2bev was super helpful. I thanked him privately, and wanted to now do so publicly.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Not sure if this has been covered here already and if so, I apologize: Is there any benefit to submitting a credit application online instead of waiting until I’m at the dealer?
You can probably type the information in faster than watching someone type it in as you piece it out to them.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We bring it up all the time - don't forget to get the credit for your deposit. Its a bi&* if you don't get it at POP, (point of purchase).

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Yes, @hybrid2bev posts were very helpful. My dealer played dumb trying to pull 5+% APR on Ford Options pretending they knew nothing about 2.25% rate. Unbelievable, they processed a dozen Mach-Es a week before me. They also tried to forget about $500 deposit. So dishonest.
I still feel they pulled some trick as the balloon payment is $2k higher than what one would expect from the Ford residual value table. Perhaps I should have calculated residual including tax, anybody knows?

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
My dealer is on the phone struggling with Ford Credit rep to figure out my options plan as well...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Yes, @hybrid2bev posts were very helpful. My dealer played dumb trying to pull 5+% APR on Ford Options pretending they knew nothing about 2.25% rate. Unbelievable, they processed a dozen Mach-Es a week before me. They also tried to forget about $500 deposit. So dishonest.
I still feel they pulled some trick as the balloon payment is $2k higher than what one would expect from the Ford residual value table. Perhaps I should have calculated residual including tax, anybody knows?
Best thing to do is use this spreadsheet. Poll: Ford Options vs Finance | Page 7 | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hybrid2bev why are dealers struggling so much to figure this out with Ford Credit? It looks like my dealer sales manager is on the phone with 2 different people at once talking about system downloads, etc.... How complicated did they make this?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@hybrid2bev why are dealers struggling so much to figure this out with Ford Credit? It looks like my dealer sales manager is on the phone with 2 different people at once talking about system downloads, etc.... How complicated did they make this?
The issue is not on the Ford side. The eContact system has been ready and working for months. To eContract a Ford Options vs. a normal finance contract is literally only like 4 extra fields. Super easy.

The problems are with the dealers internal systems which are generally not set up for balloons and require updates from their service provider.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Just picked up my MME this afternoon and did the 36-mos Ford Options plan. It took the dealer over a week to figure out how to set things up in their DMS. But in the end, the numbers and payment they showed me fell right in line with the info shared here.

And one other thing: besides the $1000 Ford Options rebate and $100 Drive Assist rebate, they found an additional "VIN-specific" $1000 rebate!
that "VIN-specific" probably means you were one of the "250 kWh plus $1000" people.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Higher residual value is actually better if you want to refuse the car after 3/4 years - also lesser monthly payments. So, it depends on what you want at the end. :)

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The issue is not on the Ford side. The eContact system has been ready and working for months. To eContract a Ford Options vs. a normal finance contract is literally only like 4 extra fields. Super easy.

The problems are with the dealers internal systems which are generally not set up for balloons and require updates from their service provider.
Well something isn’t working right because it’s kept me here like 2 extra hours. We’ve waited 16 months for the car, so what’s an extra 2 hours? Just a little frustrating because my wife had to leave foe an appointment and can’t drive her new car home. I get to instead.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Higher residual value is actually better if you want to refuse the car after 3/4 years - also lesser monthly payments. So, it depends on what you want at the end. :)
I'm not sure that's how it works. I might be wrong, but I think if you return the car it will be assessed on the basis of Ford's official residual value table, not on the basis of the outstanding balloon payment. If that's the case then you might end up paying part of the balloon payment that is over the residual.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I'm not sure that's how it works. I might be wrong, but I think if you return the car it will be assessed on the basis of Ford's official residual value table, not on the basis of the outstanding balloon payment. If that's the case then you might end up paying part of the balloon payment that is over the residual.
Well... Everything is possible in this life as we know, but you have a document where your balloon payment amount is listed - who would argue with the document? But you could be right obviously - that's why I would call Ford Finance and consult. Or ask @hybrid2bev :)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
With Options, if you turn in your car back to the dealer, your balloon payment is covered.
Sponsored