shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Sounds like they want you to release the order so they can add ADM and sell to someone else. I believe dealers were limited on how many stock units they could order for themselves initially. Best way to make profit as a dealer on the MME is ADM. Frustrate you enough and you might walk away from it.

Or maybe I'm just jaded and cynical.
When the choice is between ill will and incompetence, I always bet on incompetence.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Question about Ford options. Is the sales tax figured in to the payment? If so is the amount based on the purchase price minus the balloon payment? Or the total MSRP of the car?
Thanks,
The whole thing.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Question about Ford options. Is the sales tax figured in to the payment? If so is the amount based on the purchase price minus the balloon payment? Or the total MSRP of the car?
Thanks,
Sales tax on Ford Options is handled no different than if you were to do a normal retail contract within your tax jurisdiction.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like they want you to release the order so they can add ADM and sell to someone else. I believe dealers were limited on how many stock units they could order for themselves initially. Best way to make profit as a dealer on the MME is ADM. Frustrate you enough and you might walk away from it.

Or maybe I'm just jaded and cynical.
I'm completely in agreement that this is a sales management technique. Just dealing with the out fall of stupidity by dealers and road blocks that dealers are throwing up, (no x plan, no options, no local rebate support), I'm more and more convinced that this is the dealer plan. Ford corporate needs to put the hammer down.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Called my local XPEL installer today and they still do not have a template for MME.
Yeah I wouldn't expect one for a few months. I mean, these cars just started to be delivered at reasonable numbers. And from that they would need people to want to take their car into get PPF.

I'd expect anything outside of OEM stuff to take a few months to get a car and to pull together something created that works well.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
l have to assume that by April a thousand plus MMEs would be delivered and if dealers keep doing this with financing - Ford is sure going to hear about. Hope more people raise the issue and report directly to Ford.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Usually you would be correct but it depends on the state. I have no idea about KS.
Since Options is just a purchase, whatever tax liability applies to the traditional cash or financing, would also apply to Options. So if a state does not levy sales tax to an electric vehicle, the tax would be Zero, but it would apply to a cash purchase and Options financed vehicle equally.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
all is good. it was ignorance not malice. 1st mach-e they got in stock. no adm.

dealership did a crash course on ford options and are getting it done (finance guy doing the final clicks now).

they thanked me for teaching them about the california clean fuel rewards $1500 rebate and the $100 co-pilot discount.

x-plan was not a problem.

i’m driving it home tonight!

3E289C25-7BAD-4080-AC35-185C066C1E8D.jpeg

2BE84E30-3F82-4DC5-BF69-7602AB35E6EE.jpeg

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

dealership did a crash course on ford options and are getting it done (finance guy doing the final clicks now).

they thanked me for teaching them about the california clean fuel rewards $1500 rebate and the $100 co-pilot discount.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Options...Ugh 2BE84E30-3F82-4DC5-BF69-7602AB35E6EE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Options...Ugh 2BE84E30-3F82-4DC5-BF69-7602AB35E6EE
Excellent

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

3E289C25-7BAD-4080-AC35-185C066C1E8D.jpeg

2BE84E30-3F82-4DC5-BF69-7602AB35E6EE.jpeg
Seeing that color and the black front plate holder - perhaps a custom license plate with black background color will look cool

Last edited:

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Happy to see all the deliveries. There is hope that my pony that is lost in the Speedway will find its way here.

I am thinking of doing the "Option" too. In the other threads, I learned that there would be no penalty for prepayment.

If I wanted to pay off in a few months, do I pay off the 36 months loan, then wait for 36 months to pay off the balloon payment? Or can I pay off the entire amount?

thanks.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Happy to see all the deliveries. There is hope that my pony that is lost in the Speedway will find its way here.

I am thinking of doing the "Option" too. In the other threads, I learned that there would be no penalty for prepayment.

If I wanted to pay off in a few months, do I pay off the 36 months loan, then wait for 36 months to pay off the balloon payment? Or can I pay off the entire amount?

thanks.
I would assume you'd pay the whole balance off, otherwise you'd accrue interest on the balloon amount. If I wanted to be funny I'd say "just ask the dealer"....
Sponsored