Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I had a failed 21G01 attempt with the dealer. During that visit he had updated most of the modules. I received 3 OtA updates in 2 days and that enabled bluecruise
That’s fantastic! It confirms that people who had failed dealer installs can have it corrected by the OTA update!!
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Went from 2.3 to 2.7.1 this morning. Looks like the wait is finally over, once the spouse gets back with the car I will check and see if the line centering was restored, along with any other improvements.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
From someone stuck in the dark ages of 1.6 what is the new brake feel specs and what does it feel like?
It feels pretty bad. When coming to a stop, those last few feet are unpredictable. Sometimes it is a smooth stop but if you are slowing down a little harder than normal then it will grab and stop the car with a sudden jerk. Make sure your coffee is secure.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
2.7.1 update did not restore lane centering, looks like 2.6 is in the queue now, but failed last night. Always next time…

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
2.7.1 update did not restore lane centering, looks like 2.6 is in the queue now, but failed last night. Always next time…
I'm still sitting on failed status for 2.6.0. I haven't seen any attempt for it to try again so I'm just playing the waiting game again.

My father-in-law got 2.6.0 and then 2.7.1 a day later without issue. I'm guessing he will get the next update today.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I'm still sitting on failed status for 2.6.0. I haven't seen any attempt for it to try again so I'm just playing the waiting game again.
Yep, 2nd day later and I'm still failed with no retry. Granted 8 more hours before the 48 hour point from previous failure. I've wondered if they set it to not try more than once per day or per 24 hour period. dunno. @Gimme_my_MME seems to say he'll take a look maybe in a few days if mine is part of my continuing weirdness from the 1.7.1 fiasco.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Yep, 2nd day later and I'm still failed with no retry. Granted 8 more hours before the 48 hour point from previous failure. I've wondered if they set it to not try more than once per day or per 24 hour period. dunno. @Gimme_my_MME seems to say he'll take a look maybe in a few days if mine is part of my continuing weirdness from the 1.7.1 fiasco.
I hope it's not related to the 1.7.1 issues that is causing issues with these updates. I don't want to have to take the car back to the dealership again for the 8th time just to fix software updates.

I'm getting a "General Failure, Will Retry" error, is this what you are getting as well? I'm curious to know if all the people having issues with 2.6.0 installing also had 1.7.1 problems.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up 2.8.2 1652884846103

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I hope it's not related to the 1.7.1 issues that is causing issues with these updates. I don't want to have to take the car back to the dealership again for the 8th time just to fix software updates.

I'm getting a "General Failure, Will Retry" error, is this what you are getting as well? I'm curious to know if all the people having issues with 2.6.0 installing also had 1.7.1 problems.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up 2.8.2 1652884846103
No, I didn’t have any 1.7.1 problems at all, this is my first failed update. Maybe @Gimme_my_MME can clarify what failure actually means, I’ve seen people mention it just means it’s skipped cause some modules are already updated. What else can cause a General Failure?

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Confirmed, "General Failure, Will Retry" is what I got also.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That’s fantastic! It confirms that people who had failed dealer installs can have it corrected by the OTA update!!
That did not occur for me. I just received 2.8.2 and it did not enable BC. Ford is supposed to talk to the dealer about how to fix it. I was told the issue I have is not fixable via OTA yet.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got 2.8.3 today and my Sync version went to 421, with the Hands Free menu. Lane centering is still broken and BC not available. This is confirmation that the OTAs do not fix it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just got 2.8.3 today and my Sync version went to 421, with the Hands Free menu. Lane centering is still broken and BC not available. This is confirmation that the OTAs do not fix it.
Major Bummer. Looks like some cars just won't accept the programming. I bet my car is the same way. Almost every update has come with consequences as far as my car is concerned. The anxiety associated with these constant software issues is exhausting.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Major Bummer. Looks like some cars just won't accept the programming. I bet my car is the same way. Almost every update has come with consequences as far as my car is concerned. The anxiety associated with these constant software issues is exhausting.
I have been told I will have to take the car back to the dealer, but am still waiting to hear if they have the fix for it yet. At least they have identified the issue.
Sponsored