saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
If this fix takes months to solve it will give me my answer on which car to get, Model Y being my decision. I don't want to be the beta tester/guinea pig.
whenever a new vehicle is released, new adopters will always be beta testers in some cases. Lets appreciate what both Tesla and Ford are doing by creating new EV models.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kgautam28

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Connecting with a cable causes a reboot of the phone. The fix will correct that and the wireless connection. I confirmed both issues last week with the test Mach-E I had. I was able to get it working using a workaround, but the updated version should take care of both.
That was a bug with latest google chrome update in 4th Feb, there has been a.fix after that which once updated, restarts don't happen any more.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
That was a bug with latest google chrome update in 4th Feb, there has been a.fix after that which once updated, restarts don't happen any more.
Some people are still experiencing the reboots. I was able to get Android auto working by temporarily disabling Chrome. The Chrome changelog isn't as clear as the Android Auto changelog.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I could tell you a story about when the iPhone was introduced back in 2007. If you watch the demo by Steve Job back then you will see he is using 3 different iPhone during the demo. The interoperability between the apps was not solid at the time. Movig from one to the other could, (read could) ,crash the demo. Good times.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
BTW... The fix is actually available now, but the way Google Play works, you may not have gotten yet. You can install the update to Android Auto from here (careful):
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-6-1-6105-release/
I just side loaded Android Auto 6.1. The wireless Android Auto now works with my Mach E.

For what it's worth, it's not dangerous to install that apk. When updating an app, the cert of the old and new apk has to match. So there's no risk of installing hacked versions. (Well, it's technically possible that the downloaded APK doesn't install Android Auto, but rather install an unrelated app. That could get your phone hacked. However, APKMirror is also a very reputable website with a bunch of safety checks. I'd say it's fine. If you're really paranoid, you can wait for a week or so.)

It's also not that hard. Any one can do it. For those interested
  • Go to the link above on your Android phone, and choose the one that is dated Feb 12, 2021. The vast majority of modern Android phones are arm64-v8a, so choose that. Follow the web page to download the apk.
  • If you chose wrong, the phone will refuse to install. So there's no danger here.
  • The first time you do it, the phone may ask to give Chrome permission to install downloaded APKs. Give the permission and start over.
Per Google Play, the Chrome app on my phone was auto updated yesterday (2/17). When I connect my phone to the car via USB, it doesn't reboot anymore.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed by how fast both problems were resolved. Kudos to Google and Ford.

Last edited:

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I took my Mach E on a 1-hour trip today. Wireless Android Auto worked perfectly all along. No hiccups.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If this fix takes months to solve it will give me my answer on which car to get, Model Y being my decision. I don't want to be the beta tester/guinea pig.
Wait till you find out how AA works on the model Y lol

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I hope this problem will be fixed soon.
This is a year old post. AA work great for me.
Yes this fix was sent a long time ago. And it does work MUCH better than it used to. That being said there are still a few sections of road where my wireless AA will drop EVERY time I pass them. Not sure what's happening in those locations, but it's very consistent

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
People are chastised for opening new threads on a topic that's already been talked about. They are told they should use the search function. Then when someone uses the search function and finds an existing thread they catch crap for that too. It's no-win.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I have an older Android and have recently discovered Andoid Auto. I was just using car/phone before. I love it and have had not issues at all. I listen to Tidal App and do messaging/phone calls. Sometimes I use Waze if I think traffic will be an issue. I really like it.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
People are chastised for opening new threads on a topic that's already been talked about. They are told they should use the search function. Then when someone uses the search function and finds an existing thread they catch crap for that too. It's no-win.
It's the difference between bringing up a year-old thread (especially just for saying "I hope it's fixed soon") and bringing up topics that have been discussed (often, ad nauseum) very recently. It's just part of message board etiquette that people aren't aware of, I guess.
Sponsored