Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Mach-E Owners (1/31/24 Update)

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Any reason to think this adapter wouldn't work for destination chargers as well?
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Will they make charging as easy as filling up at a gas station?

Scan credit card, plug in.

If not, not interested. I don’t want another stupid app that doesn’t work.
Yeah that's something I don't really understand about public charging (I've only actually public charged twice in three years so it's not an issue for me). It seems like it should be as easy as going to a gas station, putting in credit card and activating charger. I'm sure some of the techies can explain why it doesn't work that way.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yeah that's something I don't really understand about public charging (I've only actually public charged twice in three years so it's not an issue for me). It seems like it should be as easy as going to a gas station, putting in credit card and activating charger. I'm sure some of the techies can explain why it doesn't work that way.
Some chargers work exactly this way.

One reason to NOT put a credit card reader at a charging station would be the thieves that put a scanner on the credit card reader to steal credit card info.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Telsa vehicles have the port on the rear left, yes. HOWEVER, almost no one else does. So, when the Tesla SuperChargers are opened to other vehicles, they'll be parking however they need to so that they can reach the charger.

At some unmodified locations, that will require sideways parking at times.
I was going to make this exact point, Rick. The guy who Tweeted (X'ed?) that the Mach-E was on the wrong side of the stall is correct if the Mach-E was a Tesla. But it's a Mach-E, and we will need to approach the stall in whatever way we need to in order to charge. I'm sure we are going to see some funky approach angles with other BEVs as well.

Let's hope everyone cuts a little slack on July 4th week-end :cool:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was going to make this exact point, Rick. The guy who Tweeted (X'ed?) that the Mach-E was on the wrong side of the stall is correct if the Mach-E was a Tesla. But it's a Mach-E, and we will need to approach the stall in whatever way we need to in order to charge. I'm sure we are going to see some funky approach angles with other BEVs as well.

Let's hope everyone cuts a little slack on July 4th week-end :cool:
Anybody trying to charge an EV on a major holiday weekend is crazy.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I have to ask - are you simply having fun? Or can you really not understand what he said?

He said "complimentary adapter".
He then said "reservation process will be validated by VIN".
Then he said "we'll cover the cost of shipping".

It's very clear, at least to most people.

You RESERVE one for each car/truck you own.
When they are available, Ford ships it to you, no cost.

If that's not clear to you, that's pretty scary.
Rick,

I can read as well as most. I guess my concern is that Ford has broken so many promises to owners - BC 1.3, delivery dates, quality control issues, the whole HVBJB recalls, frunk button, failures and incompetent dealers that I am looking at this as a skeptic.

The only infamous Ford term missing from his statement was "soon"!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And relying on EA for a road trip is ....
I keep telling myself that after each roadtrip. I keep saying "you know, people say". Then I remember that social media "I heard" is about as valuable as, well, nothing.

So I'll keep doing those roadtrips, since we only own EVs now.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
V 4 superchargers have it. Otherwise I believe we will be plug and play with how Ford has been advertising it

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And relying on EA for a road trip is ....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Mach-E Owners (1/31/24 Update) trick-football
We're on another 1800 mile road trip right now, relying (mostly) on EA. Makes 38,000 miles of road trips for us relying mostly on EA so far.

But we know what we're doing, and are willing to make a little extra effort.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We're on another 1800 mile road trip right now, relying (mostly) on EA. Makes 38,000 miles of road trips relying mostly on EA so far.

But we know what we're doing, and are willing to make a little extra effort.
Lies. All lies. You're in your basement, eating pop tarts, and posting on social media about Taylor and Travis. 🤣
Sponsored