Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Based on all reports Ford's software development team seems to not have a robust testing process. Come on Ford. Test, test, test, then test again! Never enough time to do the job right but always enough time to do the job again. Your customers should not be an essential part of your testing system.
There doesn't appear to be any system test before release... They are on a monthly cadence for updates, (great) but breaking obvious things EVERY time has gotten old.
Sponsored

YouEeee

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford mustang mach e gt
Country flag
Somehow my app stop working from yesterday till now , but my paak still works 🫶

IMG_2434.png

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Since we are jumping to CarPlay how come the Nav in CarPlay no longer shows my destination battery %. What did I do and how do I get it back
That usually means the phone can't talk to the car to get the battery info. Or the phone is not using the correct car profile when the Maps application is running. There are times I get into the car and the battery percentage is there. And times where it isn't. I kinda prefer it when it doesn't display the battery percentage, because then I get the total travel time and distance listed. When the battery percentage is listed, all I get is the estimated arrival time and battery percentage.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Another bug in this update. The picture of the car is gone from the Apple Watch app. I reported that to the FordPass email. I don’t know if anyone checks that though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.27.0 Update IMG_2434
That is not unique to this update and has occasionally happened to me on any version. You just press the close the app on your watch, give it a few seconds, and then re-open it. By close, I mean: press the side button under the crown, find FordPass, swipe it so it shows the red X, hit the X!

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
It appears to have effected charging finish time for me. At least with this session. Says that it will finish today at 6:56p but it is currently 7:24p so it’s totally stuck. Didn’t have this issue prior to the update.

So now we see if other sessions cause the same estimate error.
My app must have auto updated as my phone is now on 4.27.0. and I did not update it.

Coincidentally I also noticed last night before I saw this post that my had not even started charging yet, but it said that my estimated time to complete charging was earlier than the start time.

Absolutely a new "bug" introduced with 4.27.0.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That is not unique to this update and has occasionally happened to me on any version. You just press the close the app on your watch, give it a few seconds, and then re-open it. By close, I mean: press the side button under the crown, find FordPass, swipe it so it shows the red X, hit the X!
That didn't bring back the picture for me.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Oh I know, I tried all that. Also tried deleting the watch app, force closing the phone app, hard restarting both devices, then reinstalling the watch app. Still nothing. That had fixed it in the past.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Oh I know, I tried all that. Also tried deleting the watch app, force closing the phone app, hard restarting both devices, then reinstalling the watch app. Still nothing. That had fixed it in the past.
And updated your phone and watch?

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Charging completion in the past / Time zone issue here as well. It’s obvious no one at Ford attempted to install and use this update before releasing it to all their customers. Absolutely mind blowing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.27.0 Update IMG_8484

pauljr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
With me it doesn't seem to impact the charging or charge scheduling at all. It follows my rate plan correctly and charges at the right times. The only impact is that the app is showing the times all in the past because it is subtracting the 5 hour UTC offset from my local time. The car is displaying all times in its charge app correctly though. So I think this is just an app display issue and doesn't actually impact functionality other than looking silly for Ford not actually testing things.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
With me it doesn't seem to impact the charging or charge scheduling at all. It follows my rate plan correctly and charges at the right times. The only impact is that the app is showing the times all in the past because it is subtracting the 5 hour UTC offset from my local time. The car is displaying all times in its charge app correctly though. So I think this is just an app display issue and doesn't actually impact functionality other than looking silly for Ford not actually testing things.
That’s it. My charge last night said would finish at 839pm. But actually finished at 142am. Shouldn’t be too hard a fix

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
That’s it. My charge last night said would finish at 839pm. But actually finished at 142am. Shouldn’t be too hard a fix
Yeah, I'm sure they figured it out already, but it typically takes Ford weeks to release even a simple change. Practically any other company would have had an updated app version available by now.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
I just returned to the U.S. after two weeks in Ghana, and after am driving home from the airport and plugging my car in I got the negative charging time estimate. (see photo) I was thought:

1. Wow, I watched Edge of Tomorrow while was over there, is FordPass in a time loop? I hope Ford engineers don’t have to continually die in a time loop until they figure out how to fix this bug.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.27.0 Update IMG_8445

2. ah, it’s just FordPass working as usual.
Update:
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.27.0 Update IMG_8449

Last edited: