methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Love the update. Looking forward to having the large widget usable!
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Iā€™ve been unable to update from 1.x. Following the video instructions results in literally nothing happening. Deleting the old script and starting from scratch? Same thing. Nothing happens. ?ā€ā™‚

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
The widget is great. Thanks very much for the update. I deleted the existing widget tool (old version) and existing v 1.x widget then installed the new widget tool to get the new version of the widget to install and run. I like that it shows the current Sync version on the Advance Info Menu.

Things that aren't working for me:
  • The widget is appearing medium size, detailed style, light color mode. Changes I make in the View Widget and Widget Appearance menus do not change the size or appearance of the widget.
  • In Menu, "View Widget" - I can change the size and color mode and the changes appear in the pop up window but changes do not appear on the home screen widget.
  • In Menu, "Widget Appearance" - I can change Style and color Mode but they do not affect the appearance of the widget on the home screen.
  • Advanced info menu, "View All Widget Data, Tap to View" - Tapping to view does nothing.
Sometimes when I make changes to the view widget or Widget Appearance menus and then close the widget window I get the following error message:

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_1173

Maybe I missed something in installation or I'm doing something wrong?

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Haven't played with it much yet but it installed and is working fine for me on my iPad Air 4th Gen:

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 1645285279177

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
So far the widget is still not working on my iPad but is working fine on my iPhone. It was working until sometime yesterday and now just displays the default Scriptable graphic. Iā€™ve tried everything I can think of to make it reappear. Any suggestions to get it back? Thanks.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reckon thereā€™s no answer to the issue. Iā€™ve messed around with it and got it working here and there but itā€™s not consistent. Seems to work great on my phone but not my iPad. So far no solution to the issue.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Not sure what the issue could be on various flavors of iOS (coding is completely foreign to me!), but big thanks to @tonesto7 - appreciate your efforts!

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I think I finally found the root of my problem. Iā€™m reporting it here so no one else makes the same mistake. I had set up the large one on another screen of my iPad and it wasnā€™t working as was reported as a known issue so I just left it for when it would one day start working. The medium sized widget I had on my main screen was pointing to the same script. I never realized that would have been the issue but apparently it was because I finally had the idea to create a new instance of the script and point it to the new one and it came back. So donā€™t try to point 2 widgets to the same instance of the script. :)

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Software Developer/System Admin
Country flag
Well I think I finally found the root of my problem. Iā€™m reporting it here so no one else makes the same mistake. I had set up the large one on another screen of my iPad and it wasnā€™t working as was reported as a known issue so I just left it for when it would one day start working. The medium-sized widget I had on my main screen was pointing to the same script. I never realized that would have been the issue but apparently, it was because I finally had the idea to create a new instance of the script and point it to the new one and it came back. So donā€™t try to point 2 widgets to the same instance of the script. :)
I use all 5 versions on the dashboard tied to one script.
Thatā€™s not the cause it has to do with some unknowable limitations in the iOS widgets.
I almost think itā€™s a memory leak in the scriptable implementation of widgets.
I will keep experimenting with things to find the exact root cause.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New Release: v2022.02.21.0

I just pushed out a new release which hopefully gets the large widgets working more consistently.
Please let me know the outcome!
My large widget seems to still not be working but the medium one still is so Iā€™m okay with that. :)

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My large widget seems to still not be working but the medium one still is so Iā€™m okay with that. :)
I had to click on the large script 3 times to run the script before it displayed correctly. Working fine now.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had to click on the large script 3 times to run the script before it displayed correctly. Working fine now.
That hasnā€™t worked for me. Iā€˜ve run it several times.

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
The large widget is working perfect for me with the last update! ??

IMG_7865.jpeg

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
New Release: v2022.02.21.0

I just pushed out a new release which hopefully gets the large widgets working more consistently.
Please let me know the outcome!
Large widget seems to be working well for me now as well. Thanks!
Sponsored