Front Camera Issues

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I've seen a number of posts of people reporting the same problem but wanted to know if anyone had any luck getting it fixed for for good at your dealer. I've read people thinking it was fixed only to have the same problem again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks. I tried the cable fix but it was already in the correct position. I am hoping to hear from people who took it to a dealer and got it fixed and hopefully point my dealer in the right direction.
Then go back a little before that. People have had success replacing the cameras, getting the IPMA updated, and having the coax cable fully replaced.

Post your VIN in the below linked thread and someone can tell you what updates you have and you'll be able to see if the IPMA or any others related to the cameras are needed.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...up-info-for-others.10230/page-251#post-615819

OP
OP

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Thanks. I tried the cable fix but it was already in the correct position. I am hoping to hear from people who took it to a dealer and got it fixed and hopefully point my dealer in the right direction.
Just curious, did you try moving the cable anyway even though it was already in the "right direction"? Mine was in the correct position, but I ended up loosening the 'bend" in the cable and haven't had the error since. It's still a little early, but a huge improvement already.

OP
OP

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Just curious, did you try moving the cable anyway even though it was already in the "right direction"? Mine was in the correct position, but I ended up loosening the 'bend" in the cable and haven't had the error since. It's still a little early, but a huge improvement already.
I did try moving it around. I didn't find any sharp corners or bends. It looked pretty good.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
I did try moving it around. I didn't find any sharp corners or bends. It looked pretty good.
Gotcha. Before I made the adjustment myself, I took my MME to the dealer for the 30k service. I told them I was having the issue with the camera and that someone recommended a cable replacement. The SA essentially said they would need to go through the steps before doing the replacement. When I got my car back, the notes said they did an update per the TSB 22-2295. I made a comment that there was another TSB (23-2040), but they said they would need to do this one first, then the next one if it came back, and then they would do the cable replacement if the error came back after that. The next day, the error came back and I decided I would open it up and adjust the bend.

Anyway...I tell you all that so that hopefully you can just get them to apply the more recent TSB 23-2040 and/or just order the cable. Good luck.
Sponsored