Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Here I am at 11 days after dropping my car off at a local Ford dealership for the 21B69 CSP battery module repair.. and they can't get their crap together to finalize the repair due to their inability to use a device to level out the charge across all of the battery modules.

They've been claiming that they're waiting on a technician to be dispatched from @Ford Motor Company but the company does not seem to be giving this any priority. I have had zero meaningful status updates and although I've been patient thus far, that patience is wearing down.

The last update that had any real meaning was on 4/12 when the battery module swap was completed and the battery-leveling device was found to be unusable.

Although I am not mad at the dealership, I am frustrated by the utter lack of speed and follow-up without my prompting / calling for info. I've pinged @Ford Motor Company on Twitter a couple of times and those bozos are flat ignoring my simple inquiry (quite rude of you, @Ford Motor Company)

Bottom line - my faith in @Ford Motor Company to be able to actually complete this repair is starting to dwindle. Enough so that I'm considering the idea of trading this car out for another EV if and when this repair actually is complete.

This is shamefully bad on the corporate portion of Ford's part.
Hi there! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and name and location of your dealer. I’ll look into this battery concern for you. Thanks!
Sponsored

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
Hopefully you've gotten meaningful progress, but in the future, start with just calling Ford and getting a case manager. If you get a crappy one, then go to social media, but a good one will stay on the dealer and update you. They'll also let you know if the dealer actually put in a request for a Field Service Engineer or if they're just yanking your chain.
This is good to know and will do, next time, if needed. Thank you.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and name and location of your dealer. I’ll look into this battery concern for you. Thanks!
All,

I'm replying to the Ford Motor Company post to share that, thanks to help provided on this thread, my situation is being addressed by folks within Ford in collaboration with the dealership that has my car on their lift(s).

No progress has been made yet on the actual balancing of the batteries but I hope to have an update on that sometime within the next 24-36 hours.

Bsooudi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hello! Could you please privately message us your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this battery concern for you? Thank you!
I am in the same boat. It’s been 17 days and they can’t get the charge to level out. Now waiting on a new BECM(battery energy control module). They think it will be in on Monday. When we hit Tuesday 4/19 it will be 3 weeks without car. Ford said that last resort would be to replace entire battery pack. I asked.

My dealer has been great, but want to forewarn everyone that ford will only cover rental for 14 days. After that you eat the cost. I am so tired of fighting I just turned the rental in.

Finally, after 3 weeks of no car and possibly longer I may do the same sell the car while it’s hot and look for another EV, even though it pains me to even think this since this is a great car.
UPDATE: After 3 1/2 weeks got the GT back. Apparently after replacing the batteries it ended frying some components including the BECM. They replaced the components and that fixed the issue. All the batteries equaled out charge and car was able to charge to 100%. I am nervous and will keep a watchful eye on the car, but hopefully no more issues. Thanks for all of you and your advice and support. Just make sure if you go through this process you provide your vehicle with a charge at 20% (As stated in another post) and if the batteries won’t equalize tell them to check the BECM. Good luck out there. Still love this car.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like @Bsooudi , I have picked up my car after almost 2 1/2 weeks. My dealership's problem was that the device used to balance the charge across all of the modules after the swap was apparently broken/bad. A replacement unit was sent to the dealership and the repair was completed in short order (with the assistance of a Ford Corporate employee who was dispatched to assist with the repair).

Thanks again to everyone who made suggestions and were supportive during my moments of frustration. It's great to have my GT back and I look forward eventually getting the 21P22 updates applied... Some day. :)

vpisipati

First Name
Venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT - Rapid Red, '08 Shelby GT500 - Black
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Took my car in for a front passenger tire replacement last Monday, 5/16. I hit a small curb and it burst open like a balloon, and while waiting for the OE tire (took 3 days), the dealership ordered the battery modules for the 21B69. Service Rep initially refused to give me back the car after tire replacement saying the technician claimed "it was a safety issue, cannot release the care before battery module replacement". I insisted, showed the CSP letter and all the documents shared by ChasingCoral (thank you) and was grudgingly handed back my car late Thursday.

Got a call that parts came in on Tuesday, 5/24. I turned in the car @ 19% battery Wed early morning. It was moved into service bay yesterday, Thursday, at 11:30 AM and the service rep texted me that it will be ready today, Friday, COB. As of 3 PM today it is still showing 18% battery. Is the repair that quick that it can be finished over less that 2 days? Don't they have to charge the battery and ensure balanced charging etc.? Can anyone weigh in on this?

As you can tell, the whole experience so far with my dealer has me quite leery re. their ability to fix this correctly. I requested some photos of the car/parts/battery during repair, but no response. On the +ve side, I got a loaner, a brand new Ford Edge. Keeping my fingers crossed.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Got a call that parts came in on Tuesday, 5/24. I turned in the car @ 19% battery Wed early morning. It was moved into service bay yesterday, Thursday, at 11:30 AM and the service rep texted me that it will be ready today, Friday, COB. As of 3 PM today it is still showing 18% battery. Is the repair that quick that it can be finished over less that 2 days? Don't they have to charge the battery and ensure balanced charging etc.? Can anyone weigh in on this?
Once they have parts on hand, yes they should be able to complete this repair fairly quickly.

But you're correct about the charge level... According to the repair instructions shared earlier in this thread, they were to charge to 100% and then put on at least 20 miles of 0-40mph city driving to verify the repair.

vpisipati

First Name
Venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Post 21B69 battery module replacement, the car is showing 97% charge the last 3 mornings, even though FordPass and my JuiceBox are reporting 100 % charged overnight. Sigh ...

As suggested earlier in the thread, I'll continue to charge to 100% for a few more days.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kenchar

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Sorry I don’t recall the exact number of days but it was 14 or 16 charges after the module swap was done before the battery level indicator would be back to normal.

I would continue to charge to 100% for the 16 days.

vpisipati

First Name
Venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Great, thanks for your response. Will continue to charge to 100% .... more than willing to wait as opposed to explain this to the Dealership service folks ....

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure what to do.

My car has been sitting at the dealership for three weeks now due to this CSP. I have two battery modules affected. All the dealership can tell me is that they are waiting on an "Extended Range Battery Array". Supposedly, this component can only be shipped by truck and the dealership has no way to find out if the component has been shipped, when it might arrive, etc.

Does this sound right? Should I contact Ford and try and get a case manager assigned to this?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure what to do.

My car has been sitting at the dealership for three weeks now due to this CSP. I have two battery modules affected. All the dealership can tell me is that they are waiting on an "Extended Range Battery Array". Supposedly, this component can only be shipped by truck and the dealership has no way to find out if the component has been shipped, when it might arrive, etc.

Does this sound right? Should I contact Ford and try and get a case manager assigned to this?
Yes, contact Ford and get a case going

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What are the procedures for opening a case with Ford?

It's now been over four weeks that my vehicle has been sitting at the dealership waiting for this CSP to be completed (car was dropped off on May 25th).

As of today, they tell me that the new batteries have been received but they are still waiting on thermal paste that is supposedly back-ordered all over the country until June 28th.

I don't know if I should get the back or keep waiting.

OP
OP

kenchar

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Why aren't you driving the car? Did the dealership take it apart and then order the parts? Curious because on my car they knew which modules needed replacing and they didn't start the repair until all the parts were here.

The thermal paste is an issue. It has a very short shelf life and when it goes out of stock it can take a while to get.
Sponsored