Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I have programed my garage/gate opener successfully three times now but the car loses the programing and I end up having to go in the house and get the gate opener to drive the car in! Why is the car forgetting?
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have programed my garage/gate opener successfully three times now but the car loses the programing and I end up having to go in the house and get the gate opener to drive the car in! Why is the car forgetting?
Wait you wanted a smart car?

Others have had issues with it and I think they got it working. I haven't set it up yet since I'm not interested in opening and closing the dealers garage door. First thing next to do when its back home. Hopefully someone can help you.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
what kind of garage door opener do you have specifically? might help with understanding the issue.

I don't have my Mach-E yet, but assuming it's the same third-party HomeLink that Ford's been using forever, then HomeLink has a compatibility list. My experience with Chamberlain-family openers (there's a few brands made by them for different market segments) has been that they are a pain to get properly programmed in HomeLink (it might seem like it has but it hasn't), and more than once I've had to do a full reset on the car's remote as explained in the manual to get it right for the first one. (My girlfriend's house and mine both use very close models of the same opener.)

this is somewhat because the Chamberlain stuff is kind of terrible in some ways but anyway...

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Have had 5 Fords and the Homelink can be a little tedious to set up but never had one stop working once configured. Will be on the look out when I get the Mache-E

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
People I know with Genie/Overhead openers have better luck with Homelink than those I know with Chamberlain.
Small sample size and all that.

YMMV

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I have genie and successfully reprogrammed both the gate and garage. Hoping this time is the charm!

Phoney

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
I’ve tried and tried to get my MME Homelink to open my LiftMaster garage door but no such look. Had to buy a new remote recently and that took seconds to programme. Will keep trying and trawl back over YouTube!

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
I’ve tried and tried to get my MME Homelink to open my LiftMaster garage door but no such look. Had to buy a new remote recently and that took seconds to programme. Will keep trying and trawl back over YouTube!
On my 2015 Mustang I use the remote to program the homelink button in the car vs trying to push the button on the opener itself. Works ever time for me. Have a Liftmaster.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
No issue here, though had to refer to the videos on homelink's website to be sure. Also have a liftmaster.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I finally got mine set up today. It wasn't easy. I hope it holds, but we'll see. I've had trouble with some Sync4 items staying as set like the number of radio station rows.

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
On my 2015 Mustang I use the remote to program the homelink button in the car vs trying to push the button on the opener itself. Works ever time for me. Have a Liftmaster.
This is what worked for me today. Couldn’t get the homelink buttons to pair up from pressing “learn“ buttons on motors. Did the alt approach: press & hold MME home link button, then press remote until homelink light changes. Did both doors in a jiffy this way. ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is what worked for me today. Couldn’t get the homelink buttons to pair up from pressing “learn“ buttons on motors. Did the alt approach: press & hold MME home link button, then press remote until homelink light changes. Did both doors in a jiffy this way. ?
That’s what I did on our 2020 Raptor. Worked perfectly that way. The other? Yeah no.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm having trouble with this. I have a new Genie 1128.

So the steps I followed were:

Clear Homelink by pressing two outer buttons.
Press and hold remote and MachE Homelink button until fast blink.

I've tried a few different variations but no luck so far. Any advice?

Phoney

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
I'm having trouble with this. I have a new Genie 1128.

So the steps I followed were:

Clear Homelink by pressing two outer buttons.
Press and hold remote and MachE Homelink button until fast blink.

I've tried a few different variations but no luck so far. Any advice?
Check this article. Follow the instructions for rolling code - BUT you have to do both stages. From the handheld first and THEN from the motor. Good luck. https://www.garageadviser.net/how-to-program-homelink-with-liftmaster/

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag