Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
At the time we setup the order, we looked at the range. The Premium had better range than the GT, which was the most important thing to the wife.
That's 95% wheels and tires. I have both and with the same wheels and tires her premium gets almost the same range as my GT...just FYI
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Why does your iced blue silver looks like perfection and mine like shit? I’m jelly.

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
Well, yes and no. The GT nose is a bit draggier than the Premium nose. The GT has slightly less draggy wheels that offset this. The GT-PE has more drag on the wheels, making that model have less range. 🤷‍♂️🐩

From an aesthetic standpoint most people would agree that the GT nose is an upgrade. 😊🐩
I upgraded to the GTPE wheels because I don't care about the mileage penalty 😂, I couldn't stand the super skinny premium wheels, especially looking at the back of the car.

I definitely meant the looks were an upgrade ha, I would take that penalty too if it made sense financially to me

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The GTPE wheels aesthetically were a big reason for my upgrade from a Select AWD, tbh. Nose is nice looking too.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
From an aesthetic standpoint most people would agree that the GT nose is an upgrade. 😊🐩
I'm sure that this is right so I guess I'm not most people. I prefer the clean look of the non-GT over the fake grill but I do like the light up pony. That and a few other things swayed me to the GT.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Interesting. Wonder how much the range will go down now?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Interesting. Wonder how much the range will go down now?
I’d be shocked if they even can measure/notice the difference.

Anyone know the drag coefficient between the two trims?

The style coefficient definitely went up two points!

On a related note: what’s the price difference between the premium front end parts and the GT?

If someone gets into an accident, might be worthwhile to pay the difference out of pocket to upgrade.

I did something similar years ago paying extra for a Ram air hood when my “non Ram air” hood was damaged. Body shop just had me pay the difference out of pocket and insurance covered the rest.

It was “cool” at the time. 😅
Ford Mustang Mach-E Gave the wife an upgrade: Installed 2023 GT front bumper and grille assembly with working pony lamp on 2022 Premium IMG_8646

OP
OP
Phill62

Phill62

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E premium extended
Occupation
Body Shop manager
Country flag
I upgraded to the GTPE wheels because I don't care about the mileage penalty 😂, I couldn't stand the super skinny premium wheels, especially looking at the back of the car.

I definitely meant the looks were an upgrade ha, I would take that penalty too if it made sense financially to me
I like the GTPE wheels too, but the wife is all about the mileage though.

OP
OP
Phill62

Phill62

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Body Shop manager
Country flag

On a related note: what’s the price difference between the premium front end parts and the GT?

If someone gets into an accident, might be worthwhile to pay the difference out of pocket to upgrade.

I did something similar years ago paying extra for a Ram air hood when my “non Ram air” hood was damaged. Body shop just had me pay the difference out of pocket and insurance covered the rest.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Gave the wife an upgrade: Installed 2023 GT front bumper and grille assembly with working pony lamp on 2022 Premium IMG_8646
The actual cover itself is less than the premium cover. The finish panel, light emblem and shutter assembly are where the big price swing is. The finish panel alone is $1900.00 and the emblem is another $664.00.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

LOL a friend's uncle went the opposite way on his '74 Formula SD-455. He removed the shaker and shaker hood and put a plain jane Firebird hood on the car. People around Evanston got a rude surprise when the "fake Formula" stomped the crap out of them. 🤪🐩

OP
OP
Phill62

Phill62

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Body Shop manager
Country flag
Why does your iced blue silver looks like perfection and mine like shit? I’m jelly.
My detailer is ridiculously good. I toss him the keys every Friday and it looks like a new penny for the weekend. Having a shop has its perks.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
amazing job, I had no idea the parts would be so expensive.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My detailer is ridiculously good. I toss him the keys every Friday and it looks like a new penny for the weekend. Having a shop has its perks.
Tree sap is wreaking havoc on my paint. I hand wash it weekly but will get it professionally detailed soon.

OP
OP
Phill62

Phill62

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Body Shop manager
Country flag
Tree sap is wreaking havoc on my paint. I hand wash it weekly but will get it professionally detailed soon.
The Mach-E stays in the garage and my Mini Cooper and Ford Escape stay outside. Yeah, I tell my customers all of the time, beware of tree sap and bird crap. Bird droppings will ruin paint almost as fast as battery acid.

Larry76

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Looks great. I was thinking of buying a wrap that looks like a grill. I was going to buy one for about $100 and have a local tint shop put it on for me. There is another thread in the Forum that has a link to the wrap site.
Sponsored