Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
Ive had a few of them in my GTPE.
*The auto folding mirrors on lock and unlock have a mind of their own.
Usually I have to hit the button to unfold them when getting in but this morning they worked flawlessly.
*One time right after we got the car, it decided to disply everything on the map in metric ( oh how I miss metric) but a standard MS Windows reboot fixed that.
*The "Hows my driving" display in 'Trip 1' and 'Trip 2' always read 0-1% and yet 'This trip' seems to work fine even though how it scores you on Deceleration is a complete mystery as on 1PD I can do a 100% regen stop and score only 80%?
*BC dosn't seem to like the center of the lane, but it seems that this is on all MMEs. It also pinballs in the lane a little bit too.
*PAAK, cant make up its mind if it wants to stay connected or not even while in the car! It got so annoying while on the job site. I would have to pull my phone out and start the App again to get it to connect. I had to start using the Key Fob
*The estimated charge times seem to be still using the 120V charging times (which is what I was using for the first couple of days) even though now im on 240V. I have tried resetting the EV driving history.
Sponsored

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
The eye nanny brake checking drivers behind me even though I’m looking forward and have my hands on the steering wheel. Not sure Ford could have found a worse place to put the eye sensors in the car. I’ve had to actually turn off BlueCruise so I can safely use regular cruise control on non-BlueCruise sections of road.

Sometimes the back doors won’t open until I open the driver’s door, and then they all open simultaneously. Super frustrating when trying to load a baby into the car in the rain.

Frequent “no key detected” errors which result in a double honk in my driveway which causes my dogs to go crazy and possibly wake up aforementioned baby if she’s in the house.

Trip odometer often doesn’t reset.

Carplay doesn’t connect or will just disconnect and won’t reconnect for no apparent reason even though the Bluetooth connection to the phone never breaks.

12v battery service now errors (typically only during cold weather).

The headlights bug.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
The eye nanny brake checking drivers behind me even though I’m looking forward and have my hands on the steering wheel. Not sure Ford could have found a worse place to put the eye sensors in the car. I’ve had to actually turn off BlueCruise so I can safely use regular cruise control on non-BlueCruise sections of road.

Sometimes the back doors won’t open until I open the driver’s door, and then they all open simultaneously. Super frustrating when trying to load a baby into the car in the rain.

Frequent “no key detected” errors which result in a double honk in my driveway which causes my dogs to go crazy and possibly wake up aforementioned baby if she’s in the house.

Trip odometer often doesn’t reset.

Carplay doesn’t connect or will just disconnect and won’t reconnect for no apparent reason even though the Bluetooth connection to the phone never breaks.

12v battery service now errors (typically only during cold weather).

The headlights bug.
Yeah, PAAK is CRAAP. I've fought and fought, but looks like I just need to bite the bullet and buy a G/D $450.00 second key so I can turn PAAK/CRAAP off completely...

/ridiculous every car I've owned for 40+ years has a second key, then FORD says oh, use your phone, you don't need a second key, but it's unreliable enough I refuse to let the Mrs use her phone and only let her use the key. (I don't need her fiddling with 'waking' off/on the phone, or going thru the door code/backup starting code on the SYNC screen at any time/place) and in my opinion, FORD ADMITTED that the system is CRAAP when they started issuing a second key from July '21 vehicles on...

Stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Ext
Country flag
If you’re using walk up unlock, the only door that will open first is the one with the fob (phone) immediately adjacent to it. The car greets you on approach, but nothing unlocks until that first door is opened. That’s normal.

The way you describe the issue, I’m guessing that the key is in possession of the person at the driver’s door.
It's only me with the key and the typical scenario is me walking up behind the car after work. I like to put my briefcase in the rear seat behind the driver's, so I approach and try to open the driver's side rear door first. This fails 100% of the time now.

I should add that I've had the car for over 11 months and it did not behave this way until after some OTA last Fall.

Sometimes after attempting the open the rear driver's side door (nothing happens), I open the driver's door and both doors pop open. Sometimes I have to push the driver's door button several times before anything happens.

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
It's only me with the key and the typical scenario is me walking up behind the car after work. I like to put my briefcase in the rear seat behind the driver's, so I approach and try to open the driver's side rear door first. This fails 100% of the time now.

I should add that I've had the car for over 11 months and it did not behave this way until after some OTA last Fall.

Sometimes after attempting the open the rear driver's side door (nothing happens), I open the driver's door and both doors pop open. Sometimes I have to push the driver's door button several times before anything happens.
My car behaves exactly the same way. A new issue appeared recently, I go to open a door in the unlocked car in my garage without the fob in my pocket and it won't open. I hear a whirring sound in the door but nothing else happens, the same thing occurs if I try any other door. Once I get the fob, everything works fine. Weird.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Has anyone had their main screen suddenly go blank? Mine worked when I backed up but went black when I put it in drive. Can't get it to reset or come back on.
This happened to me a few weeks ago. This solution worked for me:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/help-touch-screen-went-black-solved.3195/

Thank goodness for this forum, I was actually out and about and thinking the half-baked infotainment had just finally crapped out for good. I love my car, but I have to question the person interviewing Ford's software engineers, or they're just grabbing the cheapest kids right out of college.

oglio

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
So here is one I haven't seen listed and curious if anyone else has experienced it. Sometimes when my passenger exits the car, the car will double honk and say no PaaK detected, while my phone hasn't moved from the wireless charger and I'm still in the car with it on. A few days ago it happened, and when my husband got back in the car, it locked up the car and was asking for a backup pass code to drive the car. I had to turn the car off, as it was still completely on the entire time this happened, and then turn it back on. Which my phone never said it disconnected from the car as PaaK the entire time. And for the past couple weeks, I'll get in the car and start it up and start driving and after moving only a few feet, the car will complain no key detected?? Not sure why I'm all of a sudden having the worst problems with PaaK since I got the car a year ago.

Same here.

I am also getting kooky navigation arrival times. I am a few minutes away and the arrival time is 12+ hours. Often the GPS has me a couple of blocks away which causes all sorts of erratic turn instructions.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Ok - I have a new one.

My wife and I both use PAAK, which works ok. For a year, the memory seat would reliably set for both of us. We had 21G01 (BC update) done and now the memory seats will not tie to the key for either of us. Yes, in the car, the screen shows seat memory 2 is tied to my profile.

Ideas on how to solve this?

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
* When using navigation, occasionally, the ETA is off by 7 hours. Today's example, it was 4:15pm and the nav estimated a 45min trip. When I tapped go, it showed the ETA as 12:00am.
This one I have seen. I decided to try the built in navigation instead of Google Maps and I set a destination 12 miles away (local trip). I left at 8:16AM. The car told me my arrival was 3:29PM! 7 hours and 13 minutes to go 12 miles :)

Alan UK

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD Long range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I notice if you press a button on the big screen and slide a bit before letting go the key press is not registered. This sometimes happens if you press a button while driving due to movement of the car and is pretty annoying - I hate having to use this screen while driving in any case. I notice that when your finger slides the text on the button moves - as if this is some sort of useful thing????

As a retired programmer I would say the software should only be responding to the touch release event and ignoring anything else - then if the finger is still on the button when you let go it will work.

The slide response is only for slidy things like the temperature slider - it should only work when you touch a slidy thing (technical term).

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Walk up to car, it detects my PAAK and allows me to open the door. Sit down and press the start button and "No Key Detected".

Headlights always on Auto, car randomly decides to take them off Auto and just leave the lights on.

Randomly refusing to connect to wireless CarPlay and makes me manually pick my phone and connect.

There is no single-touch button to activate the cameras to assist in parking. Super annoying since I have had this feature on my Ford trucks since 2011.

I stomp on the accelerator and enjoy blistering 0-60 acceleration, then 5 seconds later the car decides it needs to be my mom...

These are all minor annoyances and I still love the car!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

The door you’re standing in front of should open. Hopefully a future update fixes the issues.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD extended
Country flag
One note... The trip issue happens if you open any door before the car is turned off. If you do that, it will not reset. It isn't a random thing. Odd

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My wife and I have began calling the car “sometimes”. As in everything works sometimes. The most annoying is how it sometimes recognizes me but a good 20% of the time thinks I’m a guest. Same fob, same phone every time but that’s “sometimes” for you.
Sponsored