Country flag
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
Watch Tom’s review of the Shell unit if you haven’t already.

Thanks, I've watched this and really enjoy his reviews. The seller has stated they are working towards UL certification by year end and I'll see how the cord works for me. Not a lot of options that do what these units do.

Thanks. I ended up ordering the Shell recharge after looking at this one as well. They both look like good options

Last edited:
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually ended up buying the Shell Recharge since I needed that adjustable amperage output for a trip. It's easy to use the buttons and overall pretty pleased with it. I'm still holding out hope that Grizzl-E fixes my Mini...

There are a few concerns I've had or issues experienced though. One of the times I used 120V, it gave me an improper ground error. I was on an extension cord from an outside wall outlet but it had worked earlier. Not sure if an issue with the charger or the extension cord. Your mileage may vary.
The other aspect of this charger which Tom addresses in that review video is the cable. It is very stiff even in warm weather and is challenging to work with. It's impossible to straighten out and I have a difficult time wrapping it up again to fit in the travel case. If the cable was thinner and much more flexible, this charger would be a clear winner.
When I use the Shell Recharge across different voltages, I find that the Mach-E always draws less than what I set the max at on the Shell Recharge (12 charges at 8, 15 at 10, 24 at 22, etc). Does yours do this as well?

Oh, and has anyone received any updates from Grizzl-E

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ochroma

Ochroma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E ER AWD Premium Infinite Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I use the Shell Recharge across different voltages, I find that the Mach-E always draws less than what I set the max at on the Shell Recharge (12 charges at 8, 15 at 10, 24 at 22, etc). Does yours do this as well?

Oh, and has anyone received any updates from Grizzl-E
Yes, the screen on mine shows usually about 1-3 amps less than the max current setting. I just assume it is either some sort of measurement error or a byproduct of how the unit limits the current. Either way, it works well enough for me that I don't worry about it. The whole point of getting the unit is the ability to limit the charging current so a couple amps difference at the end of the day is not going to make a meaningful difference.

The Grizzl-E support team told me that they don't think the Mini will be fixed and back for purchase before Summer 2022. I didn't want to wait that long so I got my Mini refunded.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
I have a Grizzl-E DUO at the house that is a great unit, and the mini fits my desires for a mobile unit perfectly.

My two part question:
1) Does anyone know if the Grizzl-E mini has become operational with the MME?
2) Worth waiting for their planned re-release this summer or look to the Amazon linked Couplago unit?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have a Grizzl-E DUO at the house that is a great unit, and the mini fits my desires for a mobile unit perfectly.

My two part question:
1) Does anyone know if the Grizzl-E mini has become operational with the MME?
2) Worth waiting for their planned re-release this summer or look to the Amazon linked Couplago unit?
I have the Couplago unit and it works great.

Amazon.com: Couplago ,40 AMP (9.6 KW)- Dual Voltage -240V/120V, EV Charging Station - Level 2- EVSE- Charger for Electric Vehicles, You Set The AMPS- 40 AMP, 24 AMP or 12 AMP - 14-50R to 5-15P /120V Adapter : Automotive

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bought the Shell Recharge. Looks like it has more adjustable amperage’s. My understanding was the Grizzle mini Re-release was expected last summer

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bought the Shell Recharge. Looks like it has more adjustable amperage’s. My understanding was the Grizzle mini Re-release was expected last summer
I tried the Shell Recharge and returned it after 2 days. It was super heavy and the cable was very stiff. I could overlook that, but when I plugged it into the MME, the car would just say Charge Fault and wouldn't accept a charge. It worked with my wife's RAV4 Prime, so it seemed to be some incompatibility with the MME. Maybe I just got a bad unit, but it wasn't worth trying another one since I didn't love the form factor anyway.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
They have temporarily stopped selling them, but I have thought about getting a Tesla UMC and some adapter plugs since I already have a Teslatap, and apparently the price of the UMC is dropping to something like ~$200 or so.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
they said they expected re release this summer. I really like their build quality and customer service so I may wait.

i don’t like the fact that the Ford one doesn’t allow adjustable Amps. To me a mobile EVSE needs to be adjustable.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am in the market for a level two charger with the outlet going to above the unit. How is the performance on this now that you have had for awhile? Thanks.
It’s been great. No issues.

manicsubmersion

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 hybrid Lariat, 2022 MachE AWD EX Premium
Country flag
I have a Grizzl-E MinI which ordered directly from The United Chargers USA website. I have a dedicated 50 AMP circuit with a Hubbell NEMA 1450 receptacle, all professionally installed. There is no GFIC on the circuit breaker.

I have an Autel EVSC that is my go to home charger and it has worked flawlesly for the past 10 months.

The Mini charger will not charge my Mach-e. It has twice blown the breaker. So far I have had ZERO success at a resolution with United Chargers. Their customer support has been a total joke. I am extremely dissatisfied with the company and their Mini charger. I would not recommend the company or their products. I am currently out $520 with no resolution in sight. I refused to plug the unit back in again and make a video of the flashing warning lights. United Chargers also asked for a copy of the invoice even thought I purchased it from their site. Their customer support is a total cluster f&$k. The unit has already blown the breaker twice and I do not want to damage the circuit or the MachE. Stay far away from United Chargers and in particular the Mini

manicsubmersion

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 hybrid Lariat, 2022 MachE AWD EX Premium
Country flag
Looks like there might be some compatibility issues with the Mini. I've gone through two of them, one was my original order and the other was a replacement that was sent when I reached out to support, and both gave me a DIODEMISSING error when trying to charge both my Mach E and my Bolt. I'm waiting to hear back from them as to what the next step is but at this point I'm hoping to just get my money back and move on.
I have contacted United Chargers several times but to date just recieving canned replys with no resolution. Have you been able to return you charger for a refund or one that works? I ordered mine directly from their website, not Amazon in May of this year. I am getting no where in trying to resolve this issue.
Sponsored