Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
No, no you don't. Here in Colorado last year on September 7th, it snowed 8 inches. This year on September 7th it was 90 degrees. When my wife and I lived in Los Angeles, I used to say that what that area needed was a good snowstorm. I think it would have culled the herd by about 25%!
Also remember that forgetting snow, Summer tires should not really be used in Temps 45Âş or less due to the composition. You can do it, but the rubber will get really hard and will be like ice skates without the ice.

It does seem like 20" is going to be the way to go and should just buy that now and be done. I don't want to find out TireRack is sold out of Winter Tires. I love Costco for everything, but the selection is not as great, and the Rims are an Outside source so not sure they can add the tire on the wheel and then just put in my trunk.
Sponsored

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Just a heads up that starting September 29th Costco is offering $110 off any 4 Michelin tires or $150 of a set of CrossClimate2 or X-Ice tires.
Costco has $150 off any four Michelin tires until 9/26. I just bought some CrossClimate2s for another vehicle.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
No, no you don't. Here in Colorado last year on September 7th, it snowed 8 inches. This year on September 7th it was 90 degrees. When my wife and I lived in Los Angeles, I used to say that what that area needed was a good snowstorm. I think it would have culled the herd by about 25%!
But… If I leave the summer tires on the thing after so get it and wash it, maybe that will make it rain here. ?

Honestly I don’t think I’m going to have a problem. We often duck hunt in 90+ degree temperatures here. It never gets overwhelmingly hot or cold. Oh, and we are perpetually in drought conditions. I will look into tires if the forecast ever looks like it will not work with the tires.

Iknownothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer ST
Country flag
But… If I leave the summer tires on the thing after so get it and wash it, maybe that will make it rain here. ?

Honestly I don’t think I’m going to have a problem. We often duck hunt in 90+ degree temperatures here. It never gets overwhelmingly hot or cold. Oh, and we are perpetually in drought conditions. I will look into tires if the forecast ever looks like it will not work with the tires.
just as a FYI, summer tires are better on wet pavement too. Just as long as it’s warmer than ~45 degrees; at that point they get very hard and brittle.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So I am buying a set of Vredestein Wintrac Pro's that's Consumer Reports top rated performance winter tire. This will be my 3rd set i think this company is doing what Nokian did in the early 2000's or Bridgestone did with the Blizzak when it first came out, changing the game and making a better mousetrap.

These Wintrac pro's are the best I have ever experienced, smooth & quiet and they have that performance tire feel / drive in a winter tire.

I have run just about everything Michein X-Ice, Blizzak WS-80, DMV-1, WS-70, WS-60, Firestone Winterforce, Goodyear Ultra Grip, Nitto NT-90, Nokian R3, and a few others I am not thinking of.

JDA

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Also remember that forgetting snow, Summer tires should not really be used in Temps 45Âş or less due to the composition. You can do it, but the rubber will get really hard and will be like ice skates without the ice.

It does seem like 20" is going to be the way to go and should just buy that now and be done. I don't want to find out TireRack is sold out of Winter Tires. I love Costco for everything, but the selection is not as great, and the Rims are an Outside source so not sure they can add the tire on the wheel and then just put in my trunk.
Actually, that's exactly what they did. Just not in the trunk as four won't fit. I went with Michelin Pilot AS4's and will probably not play in any deep snow.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
So has anyone confirmed if 18s fit a gtpe. I'm hoping I can use my edge winter tire setup.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
So has anyone confirmed if 18s fit a gtpe. I'm hoping I can use my edge winter tire setup.
There's no way 18s will fit, and I'm hesitant (doubtful) to say if 19s will.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition winter tires IMG_20210921_121517

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I emailed the contact I have from TireRack and see if they have the VINs yet and information. I am with Harry and I don't think a 19" wheel is going to fit. If anything, Harry you should get commission for the work you did that they can't do yet!

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I emailed the contact I have from TireRack and see if they have the VINs yet and information. I am with Harry and I don't think a 19" wheel is going to fit. If anything, Harry you should get commission for the work you did that they can't do yet!
Let me know what you find out. I don't even have a 19" laying around to test fit here. I could call Town Fair Tire in town and see what they say but I highly doubt they'll know. TireRack would be my vote for knowing first.

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let me know what you find out. I don't even have a 19" laying around to test fit here. I could call Town Fair Tire in town and see what they say but I highly doubt they'll know. TireRack would be my vote for knowing first.
I got an answer back and they don't and no idea when. Probably on 11/1 when everyone is supposedly getting their GTPE they will get the one they ordered too and have an answer. That will be too late I fear for some people in real northern areas where temps are getting into the 30s at night. I was hoping for 19" as many more options at that level and bigger profile tire, but might need to stick with 20"

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I got an answer back and they don't and no idea when. Probably on 11/1 when everyone is supposedly getting their GTPE they will get the one they ordered too and have an answer. That will be too late I fear for some people in real northern areas where temps are getting into the 30s at night. I was hoping for 19" as many more options at that level and bigger profile tire, but might need to stick with 20"
If you guys live near MN let me know we can test fit some 19" as I have a few sets. I also have a set of 18" we could test fit

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Last edited:

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe I'll drive my vehicle to Town Fair Tire week and ask them to find out if a 19" wheel will fit on it.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've shopped a little bit but before I even took delivery. I'm going to try to go 19", but obviously waiting on confirmation that they'll fit. I will be putting on one of the studless snow tires like Michelin X-Ice or Bridgestone Blizzaks. I'll go 20" if we can't do 19", but definitely getting a separate set of wheels and tires.
I went into Town Fair Tire yesterday to have this looked at. Now, we didn't test fit anything, but he said it may be possible, particularly if you attempted to change the offset a little to gain more clearance around the caliper.

***With that said, the biggest reason he suggested NOT to do it, even if it did fit, is because winter tires are not very common in that size. Meaning they not only would be harder to find, but would be more expensive. I've since confirmed this on my own. So, I think I'm buying new wheels, putting the summer tires on those, and putting some new winter tires on my stock wheels.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored