Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
One thing I noticed yesterday is if I wait for the Blue Cruise prompt to appear and I activate cruise immediately, the car immediately will go Hands-Free so I’m going to use that approach for now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I also drove these areas last night and it makes sense why there are holes in the blue route. Those are where paths merge or diverge so logically, it would be safer to hold the wheel in those areas.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hands-Free Bluecruise is so inconsistent C0552EA4-8B9A-4C69-BA7E-3D1C8C383548

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
One thing I noticed yesterday is if I wait for the Blue Cruise prompt to appear and I activate cruise immediately, the car immediately will go Hands-Free so I’m going to use that approach for now.
Interesting. You should know there is a delay after entering a BlueCruise highway before it will fully engage, during this time it monitoring if your lane position is stable or if you are following another car too close. This could take 10-15 seconds. So if your lane position isn't stable or if you're right behind another car it won't engage.

FYI here is the map website instead of zooming in on that one picture: https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Of of the blue (pun intended) this popped up today when I first activated ICC on my morning commute. Never, ever had a problem since I got Blue Cruise working last Spring. I recently got OTA 4.1.2 three days ago. This thread popped up when I did a search.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hands-Free Bluecruise is so inconsistent i-L2rG2BV-L

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Your windshield looks dirty in your picture. Make sure the glass is CLEAN in front of the windshield cameas. Then turn the car off for a minute and see if the error goes away.

I had the same issue right before I washed my car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't run up behind anybody, keep a consistent lane position before engaging, and have tried various combinations of when to hit the lane centering vs cruise control buttons and I still have consistently inconsistent behavior WRT handsfree engaging. I even try turning it and CC off for a few minutes to no avail.

A week ago I got on to a very empty garden state parkway heading northbound and it simply refused to engage BCHF. On my southbound journey 4 hours earlier BCHF worked perfectly the whole way - even through the construction zone that's been torn up for 2+ years now.

I have 4.1.2, my windshield was clean, and conditions were good for BCHF. For reasons I don't know BCHF works 80% of the time southbound and about 20% of the time northbound on exactly the same roads and in conditions that should be fine. It should actually work better NB because I often am driving into the sun on my SB journey

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Your windshield looks dirty in your picture. Make sure the glass is CLEAN in front of the windshield cameas. Then turn the car off for a minute and see if the error goes away.

I had the same issue right before I washed my car.
It's been worse but I will clean it off before I head home after work.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't run up behind anybody, keep a consistent lane position before engaging, and have tried various combinations of when to hit the lane centering vs cruise control buttons and I still have consistently inconsistent behavior WRT handsfree engaging. I even try turning it and CC off for a few minutes to no avail.

A week ago I got on to a very empty garden state parkway heading northbound and it simply refused to engage BCHF. On my southbound journey 4 hours earlier BCHF worked perfectly the whole way - even through the construction zone that's been torn up for 2+ years now.

I have 4.1.2, my windshield was clean, and conditions were good for BCHF. For reasons I don't know BCHF works 80% of the time southbound and about 20% of the time northbound on exactly the same roads and in conditions that should be fine. It should actually work better NB because I often am driving into the sun on my SB journey
Same happens to me, regardless of the time of day or the weather. Half of the time on my way to work or my way home, it will activate, half the time it won't. It is consistent in its inconsistency for sure. I actually learned to enjoy the Hands Free part enough when it actually engages to consider subscribing, but unless they give me half off for it working half the time, I won't until they fix it.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
It's been worse but I will clean it off before I head home after work.
Well, I cleaned it but it wasn't bad at all. When I clean my windshield with the wipers, it swipes the camera area. Anyway, BlueCruise worked fine all the way home with Interstates I used.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same happens to me, regardless of the time of day or the weather. Half of the time on my way to work or my way home, it will activate, half the time it won't. It is consistent in its inconsistency for sure. I actually learned to enjoy the Hands Free part enough when it actually engages to consider subscribing, but unless they give me half off for it working half the time, I won't until they fix it.
That's the weird thing about my experience - on my route to the jersey shore it's much better in one direction then the other (AC expressway and GS Pkwy), but it's rock solid for me both ways on the NJTP to and from work. The only difference between those routes is that the NJTP lanes are packed tightly together, but the AC expressway and GS Parkway have a big median between the opposite directions. It's almost as if they only mapped those roads in one direction with a "fudge factor" for the coordinates in the other direction and sometimes the margin of error in the GPS computations is just enough to throw it off. Sometimes HF will come on for a few minutes and then cut back off for half an hour on the NB side.

The only problem with that theory is that the NAV shows I'm on the road, but the NAV and HFBC might each be making their own computations.

I too really like HFBC but I don't want to pay $600 for 50% success rates
Sponsored