Retired oceanographer
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
While they do no move, my focus has additional cornering lamps that kick in when your turn the wheel a certain amount to better illuminate corners, some manufactures do this using the front fog lights (the focus does not), I hope the mach-e at least still has this functionality going to be a bit of a down grade otherwise especially for a $60k vehicle :(.

I know I have complained in the past about USA headlight standards being utter garbage, but it really is about time manufactures that make worldwide vehicles to push for the USA standard to be brought into the 21st century inline with Europe it really is the literal dark ages over here.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
I'm bummed to hear about fixed headlights on the mach-e. My measly $30k CX5 (built in early 2015) has adaptive LED headlights (self leveling & follows steering). I'm going to miss that feature. No issues after 5 1/2 years.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm bummed to hear about fixed headlights on the mach-e. My measly $30k CX5 (built in early 2015) has adaptive LED headlights (self leveling & follows steering). I'm going to miss that feature. No issues after 5 1/2 years.
While antiquated rules are still in place the rest of the world in the coming years will be looking forward to the advanced projector headlamps (see audi e-tron sportback) technology trickle down the range and become common place while we will still be stuck with 60's tech.

For the cost of the vehicles I don't think it is good enough but until things change, I have always come to expect that when it comes to USA versions of vehicles we are going to get worse lights and suspension settings as the default :(

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yup - I have a CX5 and even a Mazd3 higher trim has this feature - very nice

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only in the EU. I'm a little jealous.

Of course, @trutolife27's engineer friend in Cuautitlan said that system was giving them fits, so be glad we aren't waiting for it!
My 2016 Audi Prestige S3 has led headlights that are adaptive (cornering at low speed) and also project fog lighting! My wife's Q5 Prestige has the same lighting package plus auto high beams. I realize Audi is the leader world wide in automotive lighting but it seems to me that in the Mach E this would have been an easy add to the Premium, GT. I've NEVER had an issue with mine and those on the Q5.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Reflector headlamps on the uk version unless you go for the AWD drive version which are adaptive.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My 2016 Audi Prestige S3 has led headlights that are adaptive (cornering at low speed) and also project fog lighting! My wife's Q5 Prestige has the same lighting package plus auto high beams. I realize Audi is the leader world wide in automotive lighting but it seems to me that in the Mach E this would have been an easy add to the Premium, GT. I've NEVER had an issue with mine and those on the Q5.
Fully adaptive headlamps ala the EU, aren't legal in the U.S. at this time. Until we catch up with the rest of the civilized world we're unlikely so see even a "feature" disabled version here. Unfortunate.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I think I have projector on the Kuga and they are very very good. Adaptive as well I think.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fully adaptive headlamps ala the EU, aren't legal in the U.S. at this time. Until we catch up with the rest of the civilized world we're unlikely so see even a "feature" disabled version here. Unfortunate.
I understand RE fully adaptive, not only are Fogs omitted but also cornering lights. As stated my 5 year old Audi has both, but uses reflected leds to act as fog lights. When I got a close (online) look at the headlight controls , (the panel on the left side of the steering wheel), I see the hatch release, the control knob with switch positions for “off”, “parking”, “auto” and “on”. The center of this particular knob has the symbol for fog lights? Then the interior lighting +/- buttons on the right.
Sponsored