John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Posting here so I can see the morning update. Really curious.

And . . . If you don’t get a solution, please tell the dealer you want to know how they solved it. Good info for us soon to be owners.
Sponsored

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I'm wondering if this isn't something to do with a sort of "transport" mode again. Maybe the car went back into that, or something similar? Hopefully the dealer can figure it out quickly.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Very curious indeed! I will echo sentiments:

(1) oh crap not good
(2) well, hey at least the car still works
(3) dang and the backup cameras still work! Nice module isolation Ford!

You have to swear to us that you'll get the dealer to tell you the issue and share it with us!!! ?

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Dumb question, but did you try pressing the screen inside the volume knob? I believe that is supposed to be the "on/off button" for either the screen or the radio - not sure which. I saw one video a long time ago and I think that's what they said.
On my test drive, the power button inside the volume knob only turned off the radio. I was trying to figure out how to turn off the climate control. This makes me wonder if the QC check was for this issue.

OP
OP

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Dumb question, but did you try pressing the screen inside the volume knob? I believe that is supposed to be the "on/off button" for either the screen or the radio - not sure which. I saw one video a long time ago and I think that's what they said.
Good morning forum!

I did press the center of the volume dial where the radio on/off is but it didn't do anything. I did a normal short press. A long press. I clicked the knob down (you can press it and it clicks like a button).

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag

Ford49

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Good morning forum!

I did press the center of the volume dial where the radio on/off is but it didn't do anything. I did a normal short press. A long press. I clicked the knob down (you can press it and it clicks like a button).
Have you tried the help line.

https://help.ford.com/

This what is what it is for.

OP
OP

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
So yeah, after all my concern something major was broken in the car, it was an easy fix! Good to know for future owners though in case the screen freezes.

After this ordeal, I actually kind of like the car more. Mainly because I think Ford did a pretty good job of making sure the modules of the car are independent and still function if the main interface with the car goes down. The car still operated, backup cam still worked, main driving functions, etc.

There are probably going to be the occasional weird technical glitch or problem in a brand new car like the MME, but the fact I didn't have to dig the 12v battery out or take it to the dealer to do some dealer-only known reset is awesome! And I didn't have to have it towed because the entire vehicle was inoperable.

And now I'm going to go drive this beast around some more!

To all the owners who are going to get theirs soon: this car is as good as I hoped after only being able to see it online for months and you won't be disappointed! And it looks GREAT in my garage!

On my way home from the dealer I stopped in a grocery store parking lot, way in the back away from any other cars, and at least two people circled the MME in awe and wanted to just look at it. It's definitely a head turner.

This loaner is a Rapid Red, and my order is Infinite Blue and it's making me question if I should change to Rapid Red because I like it a lot more in person than I thought I would.

Last edited:

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
THANK YOU! This fixed it!!

I tried volume down + LEFT to try and enter the diagnostics screen, but volume down + RIGHT does a soft reset of Sync and the touchscreen!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E HELP! Touch Screen went BLACK! [SOLVED!] Screenshot_20210206_095836_com.android.chrome
Is the volume down + right both buttons you push in the steering wheel?

Reactions: DBC