Manager
Country flag

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Yep, exactly. Held for maybe 10 seconds is. Screen restarted and all has been good since!

Ford Mustang Mach-E HELP! Touch Screen went BLACK! [SOLVED!] 20210206_092407
This is great info giving how important that screen is. Thank you for sharing your experience.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
if Ford wants to send me a coffee mug or something I wouldn't mind ????????

"this is to thank you for pointing someone at @SnBGC 's post... no, we didn't give HIM anything; why did you ask such a silly question?"

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
if Ford wants to send me a coffee mug or something I wouldn't mind ????????

"this is to thank you for pointing someone at @SnBGC 's post... no, we didn't give HIM anything; why did you ask such a silly question?"
And here is your mug. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E HELP! Touch Screen went BLACK! [SOLVED!] 1612635813727

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
@capt_jak_harkness Very glad to see a suggestion from a forum member fix your problem! Hope Ford will put that in the manual. With these consoles loading complex programs, I'm afraid these problems will be quite common and people aren't going to look in the forums to fix them.

You say it is not your car. Did the dealer lend you a demo to take home overnight for a test drive? That's pretty good considering the tight inventory situation with Mach-e.

OP
OP

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
@capt_jak_harkness
You say it is not your car. Did the dealer lend you a demo to take home overnight for a test drive? That's pretty good considering the tight inventory situation with Mach-e.
Yep, I was very fortunate that the dealer offered to let me take it overnight! I was the first one to drive it off the lot too!

This is the dealer unit and they have to keep it until 4000 miles or 60 days. So I think maybe he had an ulterior motive of trying get to that 4000 miles faster so they can sell it faster, but I dunno.

I have already dropped it back off at the dealership. They were very nice. Although the owner was uninterested in the problem I had with the screen. The salesman was very attentive though and wanted me to demonstrate so he could know in case someone else experienced the issue, which I thought was nice.

They offered to basically contract/sell the vehicle to me now and then I'd just have to wait until the timer runs down and I could take possession of it. It's very tempting, but I'd rather just wait for mine on order to come in.

Let me know if anyone is interested in the dealership info and I'll share it.

Last edited:

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
... This is the dealer unit and they have to keep it until 4000 miles or 60 days. So I think maybe he had an ulterior motive of trying get to that 4000 miles faster so they can sell it faster, but I dunno. ...
That's kind of interesting, did they say what is considered the start date for the 60 days? Is it the delivery date to the dealer?

Also, I wonder if they got the 60 days wrong, or if the rules changed. This older article (Aug, 20) says minimum 4 months before they can sell a first FCTP Mach-E: FORD MUSTANG MACH-E DELIVERIES TO BEGIN IN DECEMBER

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yep, I was very fortunate that the dealer offered to let me take it overnight! I was the first one to drive it off the lot too!

This is the dealer unit and they have to keep it until 4000 miles or 60 days. So I think maybe he had an ulterior motive of trying get to that 4000 miles faster so they can sell it faster, but I dunno.

I have already dropped it back off at the dealership. They were every nice. Although the owner was uninterested in the problem I had with the screen. The salesman was very attentive though and wanted me to demonstrate so he could know in case someone else experienced the issue, which I thought was nice.

They offered to basically contract/sell the vehicle to me now and then I'd just have to wait until the timer runs down and I could take possession of it. It's very tempting, but I'd rather just wait for mine on order to come in.

Let me know if anyone is interested in the dealership info and I'll share it.
Just out of curiosity, did the dealer mention what sort of discount they would give to these test drive vehicles with 4,000 miles on them?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Dumb question, but did you try pressing the screen inside the volume knob? I believe that is supposed to be the "on/off button" for either the screen or the radio - not sure which. I saw one video a long time ago and I think that's what they said.
I remember this one as well.
There's a soft reset procedure that isn't in our manuals that I can find, but is the same as Sync 3 - seek right plus volume down, on the wheel in this case:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ssm-49457-various-sync-4-system-concerns.3005/
@GoGoGadgetMachE for the win!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
THANK YOU! This fixed it!!

I tried volume down + LEFT to try and enter the diagnostics screen, but volume down + RIGHT does a soft reset of Sync and the touchscreen!!
You may want to consider editing your original post with the solution. Would save others time from having to wade thru 4 pages of post to find the solution like I did this morning... :)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Glad you all figured out the Sync4A reset. Mine decided to stop acknowledging settings changes. Reset and all seems well again.
Sponsored