Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And this could be that thread. I already posted my kWh/mi for the first 5k miles. ?
Where do you find the KWh/mi?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Where do you find the KWh/mi?
Open the trip info app on the center display. Tap either Trip 1 or Trip 2 to see accumulated statistics since you last reset the trip meter.

It shows miles per kilowatt hour so if you want kWh/mi you'll just invert it.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Open the trip info app on the center display. Tap either Trip 1 or Trip 2 to see accumulated statistics since you last reset the trip meter.

It shows miles per kilowatt hour so if you want kWh/mi you'll just invert it.
Does yours actually keep track of consumption?

Mine goes from a number to the text "UNDEFINED" after a few hundred miles on the specific trip. I'd say within 100-200 miles it goes to "UNDEFINED" instead of a number. Resetting it fixes it, but just for a few hundred miles.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think it's a typo; he probably meant mi/kwh
Correct. And I wasn't even drinking yet when I wrote that. :)

To add a bit more.....
I am not sure we have a lifetime reading anywhere. The reading I have comes from the Trip 2 tab because I haven't reset that one since I drove off the lot. So it becomes my default total history reading.

Does anyone know a way to get the actual reading without using the trip odometers?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Does yours actually keep track of consumption?

Mine goes from a number to the text "UNDEFINED" after a few hundred miles on the specific trip. I'd say within 100-200 miles it goes to "UNDEFINED" instead of a number. Resetting it fixes it, but just for a few hundred miles.
The only time I've reset the two trip meters was while I was taking delivery of the vehicle. They both say 3.9 miles per kilowatt hour.

I've no idea how accurate they are. I've not noticed the Undefined issue but I also haven't driven over 100 miles in any single drive.

bhollimon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Recovering Engineer - IP Attorney
Country flag
I had the same experience on Earth Day because it was free. But that’s not real Plug & Charge because the system didn’t need to negotiate payment. The other times I’ve tried P&C - yes it is enabled and yes I’ve got the 500 free kWh plus payment method added to my Ford.com wallet - it has completely failed to initiate. Which leads me to believe that the payment stuff may be the problem. I am hearing reports that it has worked for some, which makes it all the more confusing why it has failed for me and many others.

Anyway, I’ve only reach 2,500 in the past two months, so I can’t contribute my own list in this thread. Congratulations on the milestone!
Did a trip yesterday that required two charge stops. At each EA station, the first station did not work - but the second station I tried worked perfectly. Was able to get two plug and charge sessions completed.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Anyone experiencing issues on trying to change driving mode? I was changing from engage to unbridled or current mode to any other mode, it says, Drive mode currently unavailable.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Anyone experiencing issues on trying to change driving mode? I was changing from engage to unbridled or current mode to any other mode, it says, Drive mode currently unavailable.
I have not seen anything like this.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Heated rear seats are almost mandatory since Ford tells you not to use the climate control system in the winter months. 3-zone climate control is very desirable in a vehicle with a cabin this size.
...or you could set up a barbecue grill out back.

I remember seeing rear vents in one of my minivans a few decades ago and wondering first, what took so long, an then, is this really necessary? I also remember my dad's cars never having vents in the rear and a few without A/C with vinyl seats... Youngsters won't know what THAT'S like on a long trip in August. All the windows open at 60mph, sitting on towels. Don't get me started.

We're spoiled.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I think it would be great to set up a page with fill-in-the-stats fields. Like a survey. One for 5,000, another for 10,000. No discussion allowed or possible. That will keep the vital info easy to get to and share. It could be a great tool to see if you're getting outside the norm.

This thread is clogged after just one 5,000 mile report. Too much to weed through.

Model/size battery
month/yr purchased
Overall climate
Overall topography
% charge away from home
calculated cost/mile, averaged
cost per kWh at home.
Home charge model
Text box to report problems

Any others to add?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think it would be great to set up a page with fill-in-the-stats fields. Like a survey. One for 5,000, another for 10,000. No discussion allowed or possible. That will keep the vital info easy to get to and share. It could be a great tool to see if you're getting outside the norm.

This thread is clogged after just one 5,000 mile report. Too much to weed through.

Model/size battery
month/yr purchased
Overall climate
Overall topography
% charge away from home
calculated cost/mile, averaged
cost per kWh at home.
Home charge model
Text box to report problems

Any others to add?
Preferred drive mode
Lifetime miles per kilowatt hour

awiginton

First Name
Alesia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I've hit 9,400 miles since late March! Yikes! Mostly highway miles. Love it still! But I am still chicken to try to parallel parking assist!

If I have an issue, it won't connect to Bluetooth, I don't know if it has anything to do with Car Play, as most times Car Play works and it wants me to connect to Bluetooth when it doesn't. No matter how many times I try, I can't connect. Is this a dealer resolved issue?

And from the vehicle, I have changed the charging point from 100% to 90% - but it goes back to 100%.

Minor things, as overall the car is amazing!