solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
For those of you doing Ford Options, are you going with the 36 month or 48 month? I kind of want to do the 36 because who knows what the world will be like in 3 years with BEVs. Curious what everyone else is thinking
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am doing options to cover me in case there really are astonishing developments in battery technology, I don't want to get stuck with a worthless car at the end. Battery technology will likely be very different by mid decade, but no on has a crystal ball and things always take longer to go from lab to commercially viable. I'm going 4 years to give the most time for things to change dramatically. I figure if they do in 3 years, I'll still be able to get a newer, better car in 4. If it takes 4 years, then I am still able to "upgrade" with the out of a fixed minimum residual value.

On a 3 year loan then I might have to buy the car outright or get a new one that doesn't have quite the leap in battery performance.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I'm doing options for mostly the same reasons Timbop mentioned. I'm going to go with the 48 months because if I get another new car in 3 years my wife would literally kill me. (Assuming she doesn't after purchasing the Mach-E that is.)?

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Am thinking of 36 months because with the $1,000 incentive, and assuming I keep the car, it nets me an APR of roughly 0.4% compared to ~1.1% for 48 months. Either would be ok though.
I wonder why the APR is 5% for me?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Are you looking at a GT? When I went to the build and configure, and then the calculator, the APR for a premium was 2.25%, while the GT is 5% (and no retail cash for the GT) . . . of course that is now, who knows what incentives will be on GT arrival.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to go with Options instead of regular financing. But if I do (in order to get the $2500 incentive), I'll go with 3 years. I tend to get new cars every 3 years or so anyway. If there's nothing better that I want in 3 years, I'll just buy it out at that point.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Are you looking at a GT? When I went to the build and configure, and then the calculator, the APR for a premium was 2.25%, while the GT is 5% (and no retail cash for the GT) . . . of course that is now, who knows what incentives will be on GT arrival.
Yeah, 5% is what shows up as the default value when financing programs aren't loaded into the system for the vehicle you are viewing.

Individuals in the top rate tiers for Ford Options on the currently available trims will qualify for 2.25% APR.

The lower "net APR" rates that I stated for my own numbers are based on factoring in the impacts of the extra interest caused by the balloon, as well as the $1,000 incentive for my zip code.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Yeah, 5% is what shows up as the default value when financing programs aren't loaded into the system for the vehicle you are viewing.

Individuals in the top rate tiers for Ford Options on the currently available trims will qualify for 2.25% APR.

The lower "net APR" rates that I stated for my own numbers are based on factoring in the impacts of the extra interest caused by the balloon, as well as the $1,000 incentive for my zip code.
Yeah, I figured you were factoring in the cash.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So, unlike a lease, you pay interest on the entire financed amount including the balloon?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So, unlike a lease, you pay interest on the entire financed amount including the balloon?
Yes, Options is a retail installment contract. The only difference is your amount financed is split out into a different payment schedule.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
36 months. Also because it seems like batteries are improving all the time. But also because other technology is improving as well. Who knows? Maybe they will improve Sync beyond what can be improved by and over the air update.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
More than likely, my car won’t be delivered until summer. At that time, I’ll decide on either Options or the Ford RCL, depending on the terms. Maybe there will be more favorable lease terms by then.

With the rapid change in EV/battery technology, I’m leaning towards 36 months. I’m hoping, by then, there will also be more choices for three row BEV’s.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I am doing options to cover me in case there really are astonishing developments in battery technology, I don't want to get stuck with a worthless car at the end. Battery technology will likely be very different by mid decade, but no on has a crystal ball and things always take longer to go from lab to commercially viable. I'm going 4 years to give the most time for things to change dramatically. I figure if they do in 3 years, I'll still be able to get a newer, better car in 4. If it takes 4 years, then I am still able to "upgrade" with the out of a fixed minimum residual value.

On a 3 year loan then I might have to buy the car outright or get a new one that doesn't have quite the leap in battery performance.
Pretty much the same sentiments from me, except I plan on the 47-month option
Sponsored