sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Nice write-up! Have you officially tested it out now, yet? :)
Sponsored

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Thanks very much - very appreciated. I would have thought Ford would have/could have provided these instructions instead of users figuring it out.
Well if I remember correctly Hybrid is a Ford Employee but I could be wrong so if he is then technically Ford is providing the needed instructions lol

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Is it possible to tie the Plug & Charge to a new or existing Electrify America account? Having an account with them gets you a better rate/kWh.
It seems to me that without confirming detail on this that the “free” 250kwh and plug and play are at the higher rate. Will be nice to hear confirmation otherwise.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Well if I remember correctly Hybrid is a Ford Employee but I could be wrong so if he is then technically Ford is providing the needed instructions lol
Yes you are right - @hybrid2bev day job is in finance and night job is Product support - deserves a raise

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is it possible to tie the Plug & Charge to a new or existing Electrify America account? Having an account with them gets you a better rate/kWh.
FWIW: In the last screen shot the fine print below EA\Shell eludes to what you are saying but not explicit. Given that the charge cycle will burn thru your EA balance first one could assume you get the rates of your subscription. Payment outside is anyones guess.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
It took some figuring out to enable Plug & Charge. It's only a 7 step process. So I figured maybe I'd share what I learned.

1. Log into my Ford.com account and click on My Ford Vehicles
1612288150954.png

2. Then click on Connected Services and walk through the process there (I've already done this so the screens won't match, but add your card info in here.)
Yeah it's a Ford Edge, LOL. This will start your free 250 kW trial and establish a default payment method.
1612288240964.png

3. Then log into the Ford Pass App and click on Vehicle (it may take time to update).
1612288325319.png

4. Click on Manage EV
1612288547430.png

5. Click on FordPass Charging Network
1612288580292.png

6. Click on Plug & Charge
1612288609313.png

7. Click the slider to enable.
1612288637264.png
OK, you get an award for this.
? "Best P&C Explanation, North America"

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
It took some figuring out to enable Plug & Charge. It's only a 7 step process. So I figured maybe I'd share what I learned.

1. Log into my Ford.com account and click on My Ford Vehicles
1612288150954.png

2. Then click on Connected Services and walk through the process there (I've already done this so the screens won't match, but add your card info in here.)
Yeah it's a Ford Edge, LOL. This will start your free 250 kW trial and establish a default payment method.
1612288240964.png

3. Then log into the Ford Pass App and click on Vehicle (it may take time to update).
1612288325319.png

4. Click on Manage EV
1612288547430.png

5. Click on FordPass Charging Network
1612288580292.png

6. Click on Plug & Charge
1612288609313.png

7. Click the slider to enable.
1612288637264.png
Thank you. TBH, the Ford Dealership should be walking new owners through this before leaving the lot. In the past, mine did so with syncing my phone to the cars. This should be just as important.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Thank you. TBH, the Ford Dealership should be walking new owners through this before leaving the lot. In the past, mine did so with syncing my phone to the cars. This should be just as important.
My sales person used to try walking me through stuff; but now he first asks "You already know all this, right?" "Yup" "ok, just answer all 'excellent' on the dealer survey. Here is your keys, have a nice day"

Which I think is good because, usually, at that point I've been at the dealer for 2 hours signing my life away and I just want to leave with my shiny new car.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i couldn't get past step 2. when i click on "connected services" i get a pop up saying something is wrong with my address on file and to re-enter it (even though it's accurate in my profile information). but after i re-enter it, it says the same thing about something being wrong with my address on file.

sounds like a glitch. hope they fix it. but how do i even report stuff like this? i guess the dealer but they're kind of clueless....

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
if you're using safari, turn off all the pop up blocker, etc. stuff and the website works

i couldn't get past step 2. when i click on "connected services" i get a pop up saying something is wrong with my address on file and to re-enter it (even though it's accurate in my profile information). but after i re-enter it, it says the same thing about something being wrong with my address on file.

sounds like a glitch. hope they fix it. but how do i even report stuff like this? i guess the dealer but they're kind of clueless....
Sponsored