Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
How much does X-Plan save on MM3 purchase?
On my MME AWD ER purchase a few weeks ago i saved about $1k total. The savings comes from a discount off the base msrp, plus an additional savings of certain document fees that dealers typically charge during closing. For a lower priced trim it might be a little lower.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
On my MME AWD ER purchase a few weeks ago i saved about $1k total. The savings comes from a discount off the base msrp, plus an additional savings of certain document fees that dealers typically charge during closing. For a lower priced trim it might be a little lower.
There are a few threads already on the forum that go into great details.

Jqh797

First Name
Jarrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
Dealers aren’t required to accept xplan pricing. But if they do, they have to accept it on all xplan eligible vehicles. The MME is eligible. Your dealer is either mistaken, or they don’t accept xplan at all. Find out which and make your decision early while you can still change dealers without a significant impact on potential delivery date.
Also, if the dealer has ADM on the MME, they can’t accept X Plan because the invoice MSRP won’t match their selling price.

MooseLips3700

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Idiot Savant
Country flag
Many thanks

Jmcconn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I interpret this as the dealer is not accepting the use of the XPLAN which is independent of MCA. You first need to find a dealer who is accepting it, then place the order.
Thanks for your response. The dealer said as a company they do not offer it. They also said they are paying 5k over msrp to acquire the cars. I just don't really understand why they wouldn't participate in the xplan. Do they lose money? My husband already placed the order unfortunately. At least they didn't mark it up like some dealers.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Thanks for your response. The dealer said as a company they do not offer it. They also said they are paying 5k over msrp to acquire the cars. I just don't really understand why they wouldn't participate in the xplan. Do they lose money? My husband already placed the order unfortunately. At least they didn't mark it up like some dealers.
Paying 5K over MSRP to acquire the car? If you placed an order directly from Ford there is no ADM. Sounds like they are giving you the run around unless they are doing a dealer trade to get the car.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
You can call Ford and have them change your dealer if. It may be worth canceling and ordering from a participating dealer if it would save a few grand.

bhollimon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Recovering Engineer - IP Attorney
Country flag
How much does X-Plan save on MM3 purchase?
The dealer I purchased my FE from advertised the car at xplan price and honored that price even though I was not eligible. Somehow, the dealer obtained the xplan pin that was needed. Saved about $1000 off MSRP and reduced the document fees substantially.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Sorry, part of this does not pass the smell test*.

1. If the dealer does not accept X-Plan, that is their prerogative. I think Ford reimburses the dealer for the X-Plan discount amount, so the dealer doesn't actually make less money on the actual car with X-Plan. However, X-Plan prevents them from adding ADM and limits the nebulous fees they can attempt to charge you, so they can potentially *not make* as much money as they want to on the total sale, depending on their business practices. Hopefully you can work with Ford to switch your order to another dealer who will commit to accepting X-Plan.

*2. If you are ordering the car, the cost to you from the dealer should be MSRP unless you agree to something else. If they are trying to tell you that they are paying someone (Ford?) an extra $5K for this car you ordered, and therefore they need to pass that along to you, that seems very wrong. If they are not trying to pass this $5K along to you, then are you to believe that they are eating that $5K? That would seem to be more than they make on the car at MSRP.

*3. If they are obtaining cars from another dealer for $5K over MSRP, and have to pass that along when they sell those cars, that would not have anything to do with your order.

I would move my order to another dealer and then run, not walk, away.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
They also said they are paying 5k over msrp to acquire the cars.
Sorry, part of this does not pass the smell test*.

*2. If you are ordering the car, the cost to you from the dealer should be MSRP unless you agree to something else. If they are trying to tell you that they are paying someone (Ford?) an extra $5K for this car you ordered, and therefore they need to pass that along to you, that seems very wrong. If they are not trying to pass this $5K along to you, then are you to believe that they are eating that $5K? That would seem to be more than they make on the car at MSRP.

*3. If they are obtaining cars from another dealer for $5K over MSRP, and have to pass that along when they sell those cars, that would not have anything to do with your order.

I would move my order to another dealer and then run, not walk, away.
yes, this. The dealer is lying or playing games or both. At least twice on here, the cost to the dealer has been spelled out clearly.

sounds like you're a bit stuck on the other hand you can always walk away from the order (although there's a deposit risk then).

On the other hand, the X-Plan pricing is not THAT great on a Mach-E, not like other Ford vehicles, so I wouldn't lose a massive amount of sleep over it either way. (easy for me to say, I got it :))

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yes, this. The dealer is lying or playing games or both. At least twice on here, the cost to the dealer has been spelled out clearly.

sounds like you're a bit stuck on the other hand you can always walk away from the order (although there's a deposit risk then).

On the other hand, the X-Plan pricing is not THAT great on a Mach-E, not like other Ford vehicles, so I wouldn't lose a massive amount of sleep over it either way. (easy for me to say, I got it :))
My x-plan difference was $874 on a first edition. Capping the doc fee at $100 saved $200.00
Sponsored