Education/Healthcare
Country flag

Jmcconn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Sorry, part of this does not pass the smell test*.

1. If the dealer does not accept X-Plan, that is their prerogative. I think Ford reimburses the dealer for the X-Plan discount amount, so the dealer doesn't actually make less money on the actual car with X-Plan. However, X-Plan prevents them from adding ADM and limits the nebulous fees they can attempt to charge you, so they can potentially *not make* as much money as they want to on the total sale, depending on their business practices. Hopefully you can work with Ford to switch your order to another dealer who will commit to accepting X-Plan.

*2. If you are ordering the car, the cost to you from the dealer should be MSRP unless you agree to something else. If they are trying to tell you that they are paying someone (Ford?) an extra $5K for this car you ordered, and therefore they need to pass that along to you, that seems very wrong. If they are not trying to pass this $5K along to you, then are you to believe that they are eating that $5K? That would seem to be more than they make on the car at MSRP.

*3. If they are obtaining cars from another dealer for $5K over MSRP, and have to pass that along when they sell those cars, that would not have anything to do with your order.

I would move my order to another dealer and then run, not walk, away.

Can you look at my preview order attached? It says there are no additional dealer fees. I'm getting the premium awd with extended battery and mats.

20210416_145750.jpg

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My x-plan difference was $874 on a first edition. Capping the doc fee at $100 saved $200.00
for sure it's not zero. just saying that on some other vehicles it's more substantial :) I was happy to have it :)

Jmcconn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Paying 5K over MSRP to acquire the car? If you placed an order directly from Ford there is no ADM. Sounds like they are giving you the run around unless they are doing a dealer trade to get the car.
So I reread the email and he just said dealers in general are paying 5k to acquire them from locator services, not specifically him. He said he is not marking it up. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on a huge money savings opportunity with the xplan. It seems he gave me a great deal on my trade.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So I reread the email and he just said dealers in general are paying 5k to acquire them from locator services, not specifically him. He said he is not marking it up. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on a huge money savings opportunity with the xplan. It seems he gave me a great deal on my trade.
okay yeah I mean the X-Plan difference is at highest the doc plan over $100 and the $874 cited by @mburtsvt . You can see the prices here on one of the other X-Plan threads:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-options-x-plan-questions.5290/post-151462

keep in mind those prices don't take into account the option cost for the larger battery, AWD, etc. - they are all base prices.
Can you look at my preview order attached? It says there are no additional dealer fees. I'm getting the premium awd with extended battery and mats.

20210416_145750.jpg
that pricing looks right. price it out yourself with the correct model at
Order (ford.com)
and see - don't take our word for it. :)

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
So that number looks to be in the right ballpark for a Premium 4X. If they are telling you in writing that they will charge no ADM, that is good.

I would ask them to give you a quick layout of all the costs to walk out the door. Dealer fees vary widely, so yours could be anywhere from a couple hundred to over a thousand. If yours are in the higher range, you may want to ask if those fees can be cut/limited since you are not able to use X-Plan, which would force them to limit fees to $100. Whatever they say, get it in writing (or at least get them to confirm what you write up in an email). You could also see how they react if you firmly state that you will not pay for any add-ons such as fabric protection, rustproofing, vin etching, etc unless you approve them first.

Hard to tell if this dealer is trustworthy, you will have to gauge that. If you are happy with your deal, that's what's important. It just rubbed me the wrong way to hear a dealer talk about how much others are paying for other cars, when it has nothing to do with your deal. Smacks of all the things many people dislike about car dealers.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I just placed my order yesterday for my MME. The dealership told my husband that there is no xplan pricing. I signed up for MCA (just 2 weeks ago) so I don't have the card or any log in info. How can I explain that I do qualify (after 60 or 90 days) and should receive the discount upon delivery? I don't want to have any issues down the line.
Sounds like a dealer issue. If they refuse x plan find another dealer. Most everyone on this forum used x plan.

EpicMachE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME, FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Some large corporations are also Ford partners and participate in X plan. I was able to get X plan pricing through my employer. Check with your HR contact if there are any employee perks or partnerships with Ford.
VERIZON employees can get the Xplan FORD partners with Verizon. Check out About You Discounts.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
VERIZON employees can get the Xplan FORD partners with Verizon. Check out About You Discounts.
While I've no doubt you're right, it's probably best for each individual to check with their HR department.

If you work for a company that's large enough to have an HR department with folks in it that you've never met before, then there's a pretty decent chance that your company is an X-plan partner.

Here's an unofficial list with VERIZON, AT&T, T-MOBILE, and thousands of others.

https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/
Sponsored