Huge power draw while sleeping

ekroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Mach-e GTPE
IMG_4240.png
So, Reddit has some folks seeing what I’ve seen related to this post. I had a power bill that was well more than double I had ever seen a couple of months last year, and I finally saw this when I woke up. According to Reddit, some non-ford chargers (Grizzl-E is what I and one other victim used) were seeing massive energy draws with little to no charging. The fans/pumps stay on even though no charging is happening. I am in cold Colorado, but I also do not believe that the above power draw could be possible for cabin preconditioning over that period of time. That is over 10x my home usage just going to this charger for the time period.

I didn’t see a fix on Reddit, does anyone have an answer from Ford?
So I’m seeing the same thing - first time charging last night. Was there any resolution here. Grizzl-e was flashing away this morning, with FordPass showing 110kw/h used on a 40% charge.

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
So I’m seeing the same thing - first time charging last night. Was there any resolution here. Grizzl-e was flashing away this morning, with FordPass showing 110kw/h used on a 40% charge.
Yes?l! The high power draw was false, and my power kicking off was due to some update where it senses high heat, so I turned down the amperage one below the max instead of the max on the Grizzle which “fixed” it. The codes Ford is seeing shows I’ll get that power receptive module replaced, just waiting on an appointment, but it’s still charging around 20 mph so it hasn’t really affected me yet.

ekroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Mach-e GTPE
Yes?l! The high power draw was false, and my power kicking off was due to some update where it senses high heat, so I turned down the amperage one below the max instead of the max on the Grizzle which “fixed” it. The codes Ford is seeing shows I’ll get that power receptive module replaced, just waiting on an appointment, but it’s still charging around 20 mph so it hasn’t really affected me yet.
Just to clarify you’re saying if I drop evse to 32amps it no longer will show drawing power after charge completion?

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Just to clarify you’re saying if I drop evse to 32amps it no longer will show drawing power after charge completion?
I THINK so. I am fairly sure that the high draw was showing when mine would be plugged in, but not charging. It seemed like once it went into that state if I clicked on the charging details (not the charge log) that’s when I’d see a straight mathematical calculation that appeared to show XX kW x YY hours charged = ZZZ KwH. Now that it never goes into the “plugged in, not charging” due due dropping the charge output on the Grizzle so it never kicks off, once the charge is complete the logs show an accurate amount of % power and mileage added, and if I click the charging details while still plugged in, it all looks correct.
Sponsored