HVBJB failure CODE: P0AA2

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
while the recent uptick in HVBJB issues is a cause for concern, mentioning @heisnuts' number of failures is not really germane since his use case is, as he's often stressed, a corner case. in fact, the data ford collected from his car will hopefully be useful in getting ford's attention and an actual fix into the pipeline.

if you haven't seen his thread on his experience it is worth a read along with any of his many comments on other threads.
Except I just had my 2nd installed and just drive normal and never DCFC. I guess I’ll be in the once a year club.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Except I just had my 2nd installed and just drive normal and never DCFC. I guess I’ll be in the once a year club.
LOL asnd I'll be in the every year and three quarters club. Maybe once a year since I seem to be getting out of the habit of driving like there's an egg between the accelerator pedal and my foot. 🤷‍♂️🐩

one5460

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MazdaSpeed 3
Country flag
I've been following this issue since it started, and I keep seeing posts about it being too expensive for Ford to actually fix and replace the faulty part. That shouldn't be any owner's concern. You paid for the vehicle, and many cases, a lot. At the very least they owe you a permanent fix.

Also, this isn't a very complicated part from what I've seen and the excuse that Ford does not know how to fix it makes little sense. My theory is they simply do not want to spend the money to properly take care of the problem which should be unacceptable to all owners.

Also, there is little incentive for Ford to act appropriately if people keep making excuses. Similar issues have happened to other manufacturers, but they seemed to have gotten a handle on them a lot quicker. And even if you could point to a manufacturer having a similar problem right now, how does that help you? This should have been fixed a long time ago.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
LOL asnd I'll be in the every year and three quarters club. Maybe once a year since I seem to be getting out of the habit of driving like there's an egg between the accelerator pedal and my foot. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I'm on my 3rd HVBJB... 1st replacement was the original defective part. Second was the upgraded part. I suspect I'm joining the club again... After some spirited driving my awd was not available for a while. That happened last time I lost a hvbjb

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Also, when you get it replaced, MAKE SURE THE TECH REFILLS YOUR COOLANT PROPERLY( sorry for yelling) The time before last the tech dropped the battery, and failed to fill the coolant up correctly. causing a coolant pump to fry. I suspect a bunch of cascading failures because of that. I wasn't able to get in to a dealer for a good long time and continued to drive, would only get errors about motor over temp if in 1pd.

Christina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
Currently sitting on the side of the freeway. Complete HVB failure with "stop safely now" and "service soon" messages. Let the car sit for a bit but it's shot. Hour wait for a tow in 90+ degree heat. They are going to tow it to the dealer.

2021 Mach e X Job 2 w/22k miles. Devastated
I am so sorry this happened to you and where. Why can't it happen as we are backing in to our garage?

luckie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
I've been following this issue since it started, and I keep seeing posts about it being too expensive for Ford to actually fix and replace the faulty part. That shouldn't be any owner's concern. You paid for the vehicle, and many cases, a lot. At the very least they owe you a permanent fix.

Also, this isn't a very complicated part from what I've seen and the excuse that Ford does not know how to fix it makes little sense. My theory is they simply do not want to spend the money to properly take care of the problem which should be unacceptable to all owners.

Also, there is little incentive for Ford to act appropriately if people keep making excuses. Similar issues have happened to other manufacturers, but they seemed to have gotten a handle on them a lot quicker. And even if you could point to a manufacturer having a similar problem right now, how does that help you? This should have been fixed a long time ago.
IMO: I'm guessing there are very few people posting what they would consider passionate excuses to support that Ford *should* in fact do nothing more. Some perhaps do argue that, but I think that is different than people predicting the company's point of view and thus WHY Ford likely will do nothing more unless circumstances change dramatically (e.g. there *actually* is a big uptick in cases which leads to bad press nationally).

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IMO: I'm guessing there are very few people posting what they would consider passionate excuses to support that Ford *should* in fact do nothing more. Some perhaps do argue that, but I think that is different than people predicting the company's point of view and thus WHY Ford likely will do nothing more unless circumstances change dramatically (e.g. there *actually* is a big uptick in cases which leads to bad press nationally).
Except there is bad press. Google Ford and select news. Everything is about the renewed investigation into the MME. Google the mustang mach e and 1 or 2 news articles are on the first page of results already about the renewed investigation. What an absolute blunder.

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium extended
Country flag
I wanted to provide an update.

it has been a week and I just got a call from Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park. It's only been assigned to a tech and won't get into a bay until Mon/Tues. add an additional week for repairs to be finished. Going to call BEV once I get the repair #.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wanted to provide an update.

it has been a week and I just got a call from Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park. It's only been assigned to a tech and won't get into a bay until Mon/Tues. add an additional week for repairs to be finished. Going to call BEV once I get the repair #.
It definitely shouldn't take more than a week for the replacement of a HVBJB, that's insane. You should really have the car back by the end of next week.

OP
OP
ZombieJester

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium extended
Country flag
It definitely shouldn't take more than a week for the replacement of a HVBJB, that's insane. You should really have the car back by the end of next week.

To close out this thread:
I am finally getting my MME back tomorrow from Ken Grody Ford. Total turnaround time with a holiday and a tropical storm was 3 weeks. Here's my frustrations.

I also provided them a list of FDRS modules to update which they advised they would do. They were not done. The advisor let me know that FDRS has been down for multiple days so they don't know when they would be able to do it. I needed my car back so I opted to get it back and have them do the modules on the next service. My center B&O speaker is blown so will probably do it then when work calms down. The dealer never offered me a loaner.

The BEV team at Ford was useless. I filed over a week ago and they promised to get me a loaner or reimburse for Hertz. I never heard back from them despite trying to contact my agent multiple times. I finally got a text back today saying "I don't have an update. Maybe tomorrow".

Glad to have my car back. Hope the experience is better when this ends up happening again. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
FORD just doesn't seem to get it. This is the exact reason I sold my 2022 GTPE after 2 months. I know it seems to only happen to a small number of cars, but a known problem SHOULD BE FIXED!
The fact that I keep drifting back to this forum shows me I really liked the car, but until this is resolved I just don't know if I could pull the trigger.
Sponsored