I had no idea Ford quality was THIS bad - Check the pictures!

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
If you do, let me know. I'd love to see what options I have. I paid over 100K for this car and now I'll have to pay more to avoid looking at those scratches and scuffs.
How is that possible that you paid over 100K for this car? What was the sticker price on your car?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I brought up the design flaw of the buckle getting pinned between the seat and door to my dealership. I have it in writing that they would replace that panel under warranty but suggested that I wait until it’s close to the end of the 3yr coverage because it’ll likely keep getting scratched. In the meantime I’ve purchased seat belt covers to help mitigate the issue. It’s likely that they opted for a very cheap material on these interior door panels (probably polypropylene) and that combined with the texture applied in the tooling results in a poor scuff resistance. Ultimately it’d probably have been cheaper to have it made in a more resilient material and texture at a slightly higher cost if these panels are all going to need field replacement under warranty… OR they could have accounted for that space in the design of the seat, the buckle, and interior wall panel.
I noticed that potential area as well tho scratching hasn't been an issue. I suggest you get some carbon fibre or other vinyl wrap and cut a piece to place on the pillar plastic, I did this on the lower door panels because of feet hitting that area getting in/out.

carbon film.jpg

juggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select
Country flag
YESSSS!!!! Finally!!!! The answer I was looking for. I'm going to take it to the dealer and HOPE they can give me a similar deal. Thank you so much for this answer. May I ask, what dealership?
I’m not sure I want to divulge that for fear of risking the deal if they were not supposed to offer this… but they did offer to replace the part… good luck!

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
yes, its usually us.
Thanks. I did find the covers for the seatbelts here but it says they're unavailable. Any idea when they'll be back in stock?

Anyone have these? A pic would be helpful.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks. I did find the covers for the seatbelts here but it says they're unavailable. Any idea when they'll be back in stock?

Anyone have these? A pic would be helpful.
hi buddy, i apologize, we just double checked with our team, we had no longer making that item because it could potentially bring us a trademark risk.(we used to have a pony on it)

but we have bunch of protection products made for Mach E, check us out.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...&visitId=07d9897e-205f-42bb-805d-5db8e71d74c0
They responded again a bit later saying that they had to pull them. I wish they'd make just normal ones with no logo then.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
They responded again a bit later saying that they had to pull them. I wish they'd make just normal ones with no logo then.
To be honest I only noticed this scratched plastic after reading this thread.

LOPHman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 MME
Country flag
We have a GTPE and a 2023 modelY. The Y fit and finish is excellent with no issues after waxing our new ev 3 times. Every gap and panel is simular to the excellent quality of our GTPE. Susp was upgraded and gives a balanced ride. Tech is very good and seats very comfortable. Front door glass double glazed. Storage is very good both frunk and secret area in rear. Prior years were poor and they hit a home run on the 2023. Being 75 and loving cars is a passion. My daughter has a 2012 challenger 392 blue with silver stripes, son in law a 95 mustang shelby conv supercharged with nitrous and my06 Jeep commander customized with 50000 miles.
Many pros on both ev but the Y charging 150 miles in 15 minutes and 300 miles highway at 65 mph ac on at 78 deg.
Wait, you have a GTPE (w magneride) and upgraded the suspension? I have the regular GT and want to get a less bouncy ride. Any recs?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wait, you have a GTPE (w magneride) and upgraded the suspension? I have the regular GT and want to get a less bouncy ride. Any recs?
I think he is saying upgraded suspension on the Model Y.

Here are some posts to help the bounce:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...the-bouncy-rear-end.26609/page-33#post-635093

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/lets-brainstorm-the-front-suspension.27559/#post-630809

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-e-what-do-i-do.4642/page-91#post-635101