Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Number 3!
Yeah, my favorite too. But of course that's the most expensive and for me only works in 22-inch wheels. So I'm trying to endear myself to another choice. But I keep coming back to that one and how I'm gonn'a justify that to my wife..
Sponsored

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
1653276318362.png

1653276359783.png

1653276394623.png

1653276413646.png

1653276433586.png

Personally, I really don't like an all-black wheel unless it's a genuine race car. Black wheels are like black holes. You can't see anything unless the vehicle is stationary and you're real close to it. Now black mixed with gray or gunmetal or silver can be quite attractive. I've done a few months of fairly thorough research and I've narrowed my choices down to one of these. These all range between 20", 21", and 22" wheels. But I think 22's are out of the question for me as I don't want that harsh a ride on the street and there's always the occasional pothole. ET's range from 32mm to 38 and rim widths here range from 8.5" - 9".

As I recall, my tire ranges would be 255/40r20, 265/30r21, or 265/30r22.

I think I could be happy with any one of these above as each compliments the MME design in its own way. I just don't see pure black doing that for this street car.
I like the first one.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I like this one. And if i was going to get the calipers painted would be white or blue. White would make the silver part of the paint pop more because when the eyes see the calipers the eyes would have a bias already. Likewise with the blue (almost like grabber blue or Infinite blue color) for the calipers. Once the eye sees the calipers it will have a bias and then you look at the car. The blue will pop more IMO.

1653276359783.png

I think I could be happy with any one of these above as each compliments the MME design in its own way. I just don't see pure black doing that for this street car.

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
I like the first one.
Yeah, that's a nice one too. Perhaps my 2nd overall favorite. This one is 21x9 with 38ET. But it's almost the same price as the 3rd one which is my fav. Slightly concerned about this one's 38 ET and 265's but from what others have done this should work without issue. Plus it's a nice compromise between the 20's and 22's.

The MME design I think really benefits from a larger looking wheel. And this does that.

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
I like this one. And if i was going to get the calipers painted would be white or blue. White would make the silver part of the paint pop more because when the eyes see the calipers the eyes would have a bias already. Likewise with the blue (almost like grabber blue or Infinite blue color) for the calipers. Once the eye sees the calipers it will have a bias and then you look at the car. The blue will pop more IMO.
Another good choice. Bronzed wheels seem to bring a little something extra to the party.

BTW, mine is a GT so my brake calipers are already red.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Look at that color wow, right on congrats!!

The very first renderings of IBSM that was posted online were more Teal in color.

If they still had Infinite Blue for 22 i probably would have gotten that. Took a chance with IBSM. Not regretting it. Or the car as a whole for that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: jr4

Mach-E-Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Financial Planner, Investment Advisor
Country flag
Meet my new 2022 CR1, The Joker! Just picked her up two days ago and love this color combo with the black wheels. The color changes from blue to silver in any light and looks amazing. Lots of compliments so far...and happy to join the MME family!

Ford Mustang Mach-E ICED BLUE SILVER METALLIC Mach-E Club 20220524_173007

Ford Mustang Mach-E ICED BLUE SILVER METALLIC Mach-E Club 20220524_173007
Looks amazing, thank you! Ordered the exact same build and have been dying to see how the Cali Rt 1 wheels look with the IBSM!

JokerAZ

First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1
Occupation
Airport Management
Country flag
Looks amazing, thank you! Ordered the exact same build and have been dying to see how the Cali Rt 1 wheels look with the IBSM!
I haven’t seen a CR1 in this color on the road (yet), and I really enjoy being the rare MME amongst all the Teslas. 100% happy with the black wheels, it looks amazing. Congrats and enjoy the new ride! 👍

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
i'll post pictures of mine later today. 2022 GT. Anyone know where to buy touchup paint for this color? Still working on making the dealer repair the license plate bracket holes they put in the front bumper. California requires a front plate, but I haven't had one on a car in over 30 years and never stopped or ticketed for it. Now you can order a vinyl decal front plate if you want and it is legal.

david1956

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FINALLY picked up my GTPE which was built 3/8 and supposedly shipped on 3/9...took about 45 days to get to S. FL. Although it was really getting frustrating after waiting 7 1/2 months....once it got here it was certainly worth the wait. Dealer experience was decent and I got them (patiently) to accept price protection, X-plan, $750 spif and no other add ons. The only issue now is dealing with EVERYONE that stops me to ask questions...taking pics and trying to get a ride😆 The paint job is top notch...virtually no orange peel....still finding some red clay in trim areas from either the trip through Mexico or Texas. Also found it caked in the back of the front grill panels when they were open...rinsed all that out and the radiator as well.

My first mod was the 12V battery holes....really is amazing they didn't provide access. It is even worse that the battery is in such a difficult place to service. Luckily voltage was fine after the journey so maybe they have solved the 4OOV-12V management. The overall experience so far has been fantastic...even got the side laminated glass but no kick hatch. Little gripes...back seat at night is a bit cave like...really went cheap not putting LED footwell lights or matching in door lighting. Also the glove box could use a light and flocked/fuzzy interior to keep items from rattling (my 2003 MDX had it). Having an issue getting Alexa to setup...I think it is a conflict with Android Auto/Google fighting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ICED BLUE SILVER METALLIC Mach-E Club F465B53B-8D15-4159-A572-38C6241006D2

Ford Mustang Mach-E ICED BLUE SILVER METALLIC Mach-E Club F465B53B-8D15-4159-A572-38C6241006D2
Great pictures, and fine looking car. I have exact same car on order in the UK but there aren’t any physical on the road here at the moment. If you have any more pics of yours, it would be great to see posted, and make an old man happy👨🏼‍🦳. Enjoy your new car, and I can’t wait for mine to arrive 🤞in June.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
IMHO, definitely the best color. I feel like I’m looking at 2 different cars sometimes with the color changes. It’s just so awesome, will keep you guessing on what color your pony will be in different lighting. I hope Ford does more of this. Midnight blue to purple would be great!
Sponsored