ID.4 Charging Curve: Lessons for Mach E Software Team

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
The charging time should be decreased for the GT simply because the range is lower.
I don't think that's the case. It has the same 88 kWh battery as the ER models, and it's how much charge that goes in that counts, not the range.
Sponsored

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
He's also in California where there are fewer losses due to temp. In summer, his hypothesis is correct (and it's what I experienced when I drove a few hundred miles in a single day when the outside temp was 71F).

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
I'm also planning for a ER RWD, departing at 100% SoC when I look it up. Dayton should be achievable from Detroit without stopping. After Dayton the 75 corridor is covered well down to Florida. EA does need a station in Toledo on 75 though, nobody's gonna detour onto the Turnpike and pay a toll just to charge.
That's exactly my problem as well. And with the standard range battery only able to achieve 210 miles under ideal conditions, Dayton isn't reachable in my car on a single charge.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Right, because those problems seem to only occur with plug-n-charge which the ID.4 does not yet support. Had kyle used the EA app to initiate the charging his experience would have been very different. That's not an excuse - P&C shouldn't cause the charge faults. But, since it is a known issue I would expect him to work around it rather than allow it to totally sour his opinion of the car.

Kyle had the same issue with a Mach E on his latest videos, where he did not use plug and charge. One time a Mach E just stopped charging, another time it was going at an unacceptably slow rate and he unplugged/replugged the charger and then it charged at the right speed.

There are definitely some issues out there with charging this vehicle that Ford should have straightened out by now. There is also an entire thread on here about people being unable to charge their vehicle on 240v at their homes. Hopefully Ford is able to fix these quickly.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
That's exactly my problem as well. And with the standard range battery only able to achieve 210 miles under ideal conditions, Dayton isn't reachable in my car on a single charge.
Ah, I didn't realize you said SR, sorry. Yeah, you'd probably need a stop at the 50 kW in Lima (unless you take US-23, then maybe Dundee?)
Sponsored