Is the "self parking" feature gone forever?

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
A good feature @Ford Motor Company could enable would be "Pull out/in of tight parking spot". Preferably via Fordpass app

Many times after we park, other drivers would park so close.
Sponsored

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
Thanks all for the replies!

I doubt I’d use it much myself but with all the other tech in this car, and the fact it was supposed to be there I was curious.

My brother had a VW Alltrac (admittedly I am not a VW fan in general, but that was a nice car) that had this feature and it was pretty cool.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Don't hold your breath...

We are still waiting on replacement headlight switches that were supposed to be available last November.
Yup. I get the supply chain issues. I don't get the lack of communication to owners, both of the issue with the switch as well as the replacement, and then delaying it. Very frustrating.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
For me, the biggest weakness of this feature is the need to park next to a vehicle. I park far away. I never park next to a vehicle if I can avoid it, even if I have to park in another lot.

A good feature @Ford Motor Company could enable would be "Pull out/in of tight parking spot". Preferably via Fordpass app

For me, this feature would be wasted for public parking, I can't imagine being in this situation. But it would be nice to pull into a tight garage for those with this issue.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
The two times I’ve tried to use it in a parallel parking situation, it was so slow other cars being me crept up too close censuses it took so long and the car couldn’t do it. I’ve tried it twice in quieter situations to back into a spot and both times had to take control back because it was uncomfortably close to backing into another car. I don’ doubt I’ll ever use the feature again. It could be good, it just isn’t.
:THAT:
For me, the biggest weakness of this feature is the need to park next to a vehicle. I park far away. I never park next to a vehicle if I can avoid it, even if I have to park in another lot.

For me, this feature would be wasted for public parking, I can't imagine being in this situation. But it would be nice to pull into a tight garage for those with this issue.
:THAT:

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree with all the "too slow" comments.
Further, I really lost interest in this feature with the following scenario: Drive into a large lined off parking lot with zero other cars around. Attempt to auto-park between any/all parking lines in a variety of origination points. It seemed that without other vehicles to "bounce off" of with any number of location technologies this circumstance is a non-starter.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Don't hold your breath...

We are still waiting on replacement headlight switches that were supposed to be available last November.
I don’t use the parking feature. I’ve tried it once in each mode (parallel or back in 90 degree), it does ok. I can do better, particularly with the 360 cameras.

As for the light switch, the mme’s aren’t the only vehicle with the issue. Our 2020 Raptor is waiting on me as well.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As for the light switch, the mme’s aren’t the only vehicle with the issue. Our 2020 Raptor is waiting on me as well.
So what is this light switch issue people have commented on???

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Further, I really lost interest in this feature with the following scenario: Drive into a large lined off parking lot with zero other cars around. Attempt to auto-park between any/all parking lines in a variety of origination points. It seemed that without other vehicles to "bounce off" of with any number of location technologies this circumstance is a non-starter.
Yeah, it doesn’t do lines, it needs company to behave properly. ;)

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
yeah.... that is not what it is designed to do. It needs to see cars with the sensors.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So what is this light switch issue people have commented on???
Oh there are threads galore if you’re truly bored.

On some cars the lights, when left in auto, will sometimes turn themselves on when the car is off. Then they stay on until you turn them off or they reach the time limit in the settings. While I’ve never seen our MME do this, it’s also parked in a detached garage, so how would I know? The Raptor has done it upon a rare occasion. We leave the Raptor lights in the off position. (The lights in the Raptor don’t switch back to auto with every key cycle — unlike the MME).

The issue seems to be hardware related iirc. So new switches are apparently in order. There’s an SSM for this, it’s in the tech section of the forum, I’m just too lazy at this hour of the morning out here to go look it up. ;)

LinkRS

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So dumb question of the day.... my 2023 Mach-E GT PE has the 'Park' button on the console, if it isnt' for parking assist, what is it for? I have pushed the button out of curiosity and a screen pops up that Says Park Assist, and asks me what I want it to do, but there are no options to select from? Thanks!

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

I really don't want to be anywhere near a person that would use this. putting your car so close to another car that they can't get in or out is an A hole move.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh there are threads galore if you’re truly bored.

On some cars the lights, when left in auto, will sometimes turn themselves on when the car is off. Then they stay on until you turn them off or they reach the time limit in the settings. While I’ve never seen our MME do this, it’s also parked in a detached garage, so how would I know? The Raptor has done it upon a rare occasion. We leave the Raptor lights in the off position. (The lights in the Raptor don’t switch back to auto with every key cycle — unlike the MME).

The issue seems to be hardware related iirc. So new switches are apparently in order. There’s an SSM for this, it’s in the tech section of the forum, I’m just too lazy at this hour of the morning out here to go look it up. ;)
Thanks for that explanation. My MME has actually done this a few times. I thought at first "I must have bumped the light knob on my way out the car" then after the third time its happened I was like no way I did anything. I've caught it each time thankfully, and simply move the knob back to Auto and it resolves it. Good to know there (will be) a replacement switch to resolve this issue.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Meaning they were built without the module so we are waiting not only on a chip but also the module? OR "kit" meaning there is no "kit" aka chip to be installed by the dealers yet? Did the 2021 models have it? I recall a YouTube video from a dealer (in Canada if I recall) showing it off.
I have it on a 2021 Job 1 Premium but still no Frunk button. I never use the park feature though.
Sponsored