Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
They probably just installed the wrong battery. No biggie.
There is it folks we found the one that slipped through on the production line for this season.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Regarding battery range: We had an unusual experience lately. We left town, on a trip with my ICE car and left the MME in the temp controlled garage for 4 days. When we came home the battery state of charge was about 85%. We made on short trip, with the MME, maybe 10 miles, and when we got home the battery was down to 30%. Seems odd to drop from the 80's to 30' after one short trip in temporate weather.

Has anybody else had the same experience? Does non use for a few days drastically alter range?
I've only had this once (battery dropped from ~80% to ~40% after only ~5miles), a couple months ago, but:
*Car had been soaking in below zero temps all day
*LVB was on its last legs
*I had that update that wreacked havoc on charging (pump always running, HVB loses charge while charging, terrible charge speed estimates, etc)

I presumed all that combined led to the BMS not knowing the actual charge state, and haven't had an instance since

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On a 75-degree day I can go 220 miles with a STANDARD RANGE battery. Has nothing to do with the GOM, that is based on actual miles driven. I will admit I was getting very anxious the last 15 miles to my destination which was a charging station, so we had switched off the AC.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I have a GT and a GTPE and they get equivalent range.

At highway speeds in 70F weather, I get around 250 miles. Same trip in freezing winter, I get around 180.

All other situations I don't care about because I charge nightly to 80%-90% depending on season.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I thought “wrong battery” season was over…
So did I; but the responses are always entertaining.

OP, completely normal; not as dramatic with an ICE Vehicle, but same principle. Cold sucks, Move South :)

Mnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Unfortunately, you're going to get more replies about not searching and forum etiquette from the old heads here then actual answers.
The answer is, it's totally normal. First off, you will never get 300+ miles. Ever. Count on between 200-250. When it drops below freezing, you're going to get much less. I had a AWD Select for about 2 years, and I never got more than 100-110 miles of range when it was below freezing. Keep in mind, I never drove it until it died, so there's a chance I could have squeezed out more, but who wants to take that chance. There are numerous threads here about preconditioning, and other ways to extend your range. That said, you aren't going to get 300+, so don't ever count on that.

I recently upgraded to a Extended Range Premium, mainly because the range of my Select didn't fit my driving needs. I made a similar mistake to what you did. I assumed I would get 215 miles of range, per the rating. I read posts where people said Ford underestimated their range. I believed people when they said "oh yeah I get 250 miles of range in that exact vehicle". All mistakes on my part. It's been an education for sure.
I get over 300 on my 2023 Prem extended battery every time I charge to 100% (which is not often, only before a road trip) Sometimes it's been 312, sometimes it's been 319.

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Only 210 miles on a full charge! I got the extended battery and was expecting 300+ on a full charge. Should this be taken to service?

Screenshot_20240322_061656_FordPass.jpg
Don't worry, that's very common. When the temp gets to be 80+ available miles go way up.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Only 210 miles on a full charge! I got the extended battery and was expecting 300+ on a full charge. Should this be taken to service?

Screenshot_20240322_061656_FordPass.jpg
I noticed after my last update my range dropped too. But it is slowly coming back to the level I expected. Give it some time and perhaps weather is affecting it.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Yeah.. you're likely never gonna get the 300+ miles. Those EPA ratings are weird and automakers take advantage of the fact that they aren't the ones who said what it should be.

Depending on what car vs reality numbers you look at people will either say "they are a bunch of scamming pricks" or blindly defend it like "oh you didn't drive at exactly 20 MPH and it was either too hot, or too cold, you were going against the wind, or the moon was too far away".

That number is supposed to adjust to your driving style, but Ford seems to sometimes push updates that "resets" it. So my advice is don't rely on it, just go by percentage and for long trips cut out a good 15-25% range while planning, in between charges just to be safe.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
@Prusucks my advice to you is charge at home every night, just like you do with your cell phone. For road trips, try to charge every 150 miles or so. You can use the Ford nav to plan your trip out, and it will find chargers for you. Also, keep in mind that temperature and speed dramatically affect your range. An ICE vehicle does better on highway and worse in town; our vehicles are exactly the opposite. Driving in sub 32/0 temps dramatically lowers the range. Highway driving lowers it as well.

Another thing I like to do on road trips is keep an eye on the current range, and miles to destination:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is This Normal?? IMG_0441

According to that, I should have 52 miles of range when I reach my destination. However, due to temp and speed, that estimate was down to 39 miles by the time I got home. So, doing some calculations when you’re driving can help determine if you need to adjust your charging strategy.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Okay, I'm sorry, but I can not stop laughing over this. Seriously made my day.
funnily enough when I first got my 21 rwd standard range I was surprised I was consistently getting 4.0/mi/kwh so I was thinking that they put an extended range in by mistake and didn't charge me for it! ;) Now if only I could come close to 4.0 on my gt!

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
funnily enough when I first got my 21 rwd standard range I was surprised I was consistently getting 4.0/mi/kwh so I was thinking that they put an extended range in by mistake and didn't charge me for it! ;) Now if only I could come close to 4.0 on my gt!
Why would an extended range be more efficient. It's heavier so I would think it would get less miles/kwh. Am I missing something.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Why would an extended range be more efficient. It's heavier so I would think it would get less miles/kwh. Am I missing something.
not saying it's more efficient but extended is 91 kw vs 70kw so would expect range to be longer on extended.
Sponsored