Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Extended range
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
My keyless entry stopped working today, both when I open and lock the door, i have to do it via the app or the key fob.

The car "wakes up" when I get close but I can't open or lock the Doors via the buttons.

Sometimes I seem to be able to lock it via the all the passenger Doors but I can never open them without unlocking via phone or fob.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
My keyless entry stopped working today, both when I open and lock the door, i have to do it via the app or the key fob.

The car "wakes up" when I get close but I can't open or lock the Doors via the buttons.

Sometimes I seem to be able to lock it via the all the passenger Doors but I can never open them without unlocking via phone or fob.

Mine is doing that after I took my car in for PAAK update and the CSP whatever number that expands DC charging. I can only open the driver door if I previously unlock the car from the keyfob or phone. Otherwise I have to open a passenger door first. Sometimes, I try the driver door and then go to the passenger door, both door prop open at the same time ?

It is a known issue and a visit to the dealer should fix it. I am taking mine whenever I go in for the recalls.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Just spoke to my dealer and they say there are no updates for my car. I referred to the SSM 49676 but they couldnt find anything and said they have to take the car in for troubleshooting.

Phoney

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
SSM 49676 is real (see attached from Ford dealer). Got my car back today, having reported same problem with keyless entry (on driver’s door only). Somebody recommended I disconnect the 12V battery to force a reboot - this worked, but only temporarily.

Just spoke to my dealer and they say there are no updates for my car. I referred to the SSM 49676 but they couldnt find anything and said they have to take the car in for troubleshooting.
image.jpg

8979AEA5-0CDB-4615-BCBF-1258189D5B16.jpeg

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Dropped mine off at the dealer today, a BCM update indeed solved the problem ?

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Reviving this thread as I’m seeing this problem again for the past few days. No message about a recent system update. Anyone else?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Reviving this thread as I’m seeing this problem again for the past few days. No message about a recent system update. Anyone else?
Hey there. I can look into your Mach-E’s keyless entry concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hey there. I can look into your Mach-E’s keyless entry concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
DM sent. Thanks!

Geichen

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Mach-e
Reviving this thread again… Sorry!

I just purchased a 2024 Mach-e 1 week ago. Only has 300 miles. I cannot not unlock/lock the driver and front passenger using the buttons on the door (not the numbered keypad). I can unlock/lock the rear doors without any issues. Keypad works, key fob work, phone as key works.

I took the car to my local dealer (not where I bought it). They said they have never heard of this issue. They are blaming it on an anti-theft device that was placed on the car by the dealer that sold us the vehicle. It was an “extra” that I didn’t want do it was not “activated”. My local dealer is saying this is not a warranty repair (because it is an after market add on) and I need to take the car back to the dealer that we bought it from (90 miles away) or else pay out of pocket to have the device removed.

Looking for feedback on if this is the same problem others had and how it was fixed.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag

I just purchased a 2024 Mach-e 1 week ago. Only has 300 miles. I cannot not unlock/lock the driver and front passenger using the buttons on the door (not the numbered keypad). I can unlock/lock the rear doors without any issues. Keypad works, key fob work, phone as key works.

I took the car to my local dealer (not where I bought it). They said they have never heard of this issue. They are blaming it on an anti-theft device that was placed on the car by the dealer that sold us the vehicle. It was an “extra” that I didn’t want do it was not “activated”. My local dealer is saying this is not a warranty repair (because it is an after market add on) and I need to take the car back to the dealer that we bought it from (90 miles away) or else pay out of pocket to have the device removed.

Looking for feedback on if this is the same problem others had and how it was fixed.
Try disconnecting your 12v battery for a few minutes so it does a full reset.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

You may have to take it to the dealer you bought it from.

That said, I don’t see how the two things could be related. That just isn’t how anti theft devices work.

Have you never been able to unlock the drivers door or is this a new issue?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Sounds like you have a good reason to drive that new car 90 miles and back. Call first and make sure everything is lined up. Extended range? Charge it to 100% before you leave home and you should be good.
Sponsored