L button on shifter

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
On the Bolt, it is a way to engage one-pedal driving with no effect on throttle mapping.

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Does anyone know if the “L” mode turns on the brake light while you are slowing down with one pedal driving? My main concern with relying heavily on automated regen braking is that cars behind me will not be immediately aware I am slowing down.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Does anyone know if the “L” mode turns on the brake light while you are slowing down with one pedal driving? My main concern with relying heavily on automated regen braking is that cars behind me will not be immediately aware I am slowing down.
Then they shouldn't be that close to you ? Seriously though, I think they do above a certain level of strength. If you use Adaptive Cruise control, when that brakes to slow you down your brake lights do come on. But it might be set by local laws[/QUOTE]

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
On the Bolt the brake light comes on when decelerating but when the car stops the brake light goes out.

On the Mach-E Ford has shown on the display that there is a specific 1-Pedal mode you turn on for that behavior. It is likely that they will make the "L" just drive more like driving an automatic in Low (e.g. more regen when coasting and a little bit harder acceleration).

Furthermore Ford has said that in 1-pedal mode when you come to a complete stop the car will engage the friction brakes to hold you there (the Bolt doesn't--the owner's manual instructs the driver to press the brake pedal). Thus it is likely that the Mach-E will also keep the brake lights on when stopped as well.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
At least on the Tesla's, as soon as regen kicks in, the brake lights come on. I would think that would be a requirement on the MME also.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
On the Mach-E Ford has shown on the display that there is a specific 1-Pedal mode you turn on for that behavior. It is likely that they will make the "L" just drive more like driving an automatic in Low (e.g. more regen when coasting and a little bit harder acceleration).
My intuition (which I think is awesome and reliable) is that you are correct.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I had the same question - what is the L for...ha

I would think the L on a BEV is different than in a PHEV...right?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not sure how the MME will behave when in max regen mode.....however, this is no different than when letting off the throttle in a manual transmission vehicle or heavy truck. The driver behind you will know you are slowing down. We get pretty good at comparing relative speeds with other vehicles on the road and recognizing fairly quickly when that delta changes even a little bit.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Any idea what the buttons are in front of the parking brake (to the front right of the shifter dial)?

Ford Mustang Mach-E L button on shifter 1595981278419

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Any idea what the buttons are in front of the parking brake (to the front right of the shifter dial)?

Ford Mustang Mach-E L button on shifter 1595981278419
One of them is for the auto parallel park option. Not sure of the other yet.

Wardmoranfamily

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang Mach e
Occupation
Administration
Country flag
One of them is for the auto parallel park option. Not sure of the other yet.
Question: does your gear shifter spin all the way in a circle and counter clockwise as well? Mine spins round and round even after its in D
My car went into the shop for 9’weeks—long story. And I swear the 8 days I had it before that it didn’t spin round and round!
Sponsored