Latest OTA for GT PE

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
My friend who owns a GT PE seems to be getting different updates than Premium owners (I think...)
I will be picking up my GT PE and wanted to make sure it has the latest software version.
Ccan someone please confirm what that would be on a the GTPE?

Thanks!
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My friend who owns a GT PE seems to be getting different updates than Premium owners (I think...)
I will be picking up my GT PE and wanted to make sure it has the latest software version.
Ccan someone please confirm what that would be on a the GTPE?

Thanks!
There have been no OTA's for GT or GTPE's yet. Any car built after mid July is coming with the same or newer software than is in the OTA's.

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
+1 with Ben. No OTAs yet on any GT/GTPE.
Thanks to you both.
Does that mean my car will have the latest or are there still dealer updates I need to confirm?

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
Thanks to you both.
Does that mean my car will have the latest or are there still dealer updates I need to confirm?
It will come with all the latest from the factory. I took delivery a little over a month ago. I have all of the features that some earlier builds are still waiting for: the energy use/regen bar, expanded Apple CarPlay on the display, my PAAK has worked flawlessly, etc.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
It will come with all the latest from the factory. I took delivery a little over a month ago. I have all of the features that some earlier builds are still waiting for: the energy use/regen bar, expanded Apple CarPlay on the display, my PAAK has worked flawlessly, etc.
Oh, my new GT has the energy use bar. If PAAK is working flawlessly I may have to set it up now. I assume that fordpass would then show the buttons to open the windows and such?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Thanks to you both.
There are new updates already. They release them often. As of now the updates won't be anything measurable to you though so don't worry about it. Dealer will not update for free unless you have a problem they think will be fixed by an update.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well, PaaK is working for me reliably but not flawlessly. And I don't believe I have the new charging curve (less severe 80% cliff) and increased battery capacity. So there hopefully will be a GT update soon to provide the charging/battery improvements.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So there hopefully will be a GT update soon to provide the charging/battery improvements.
Based on my experience with my First Edition, I serioulsy doubt there will be any OTA for the GT for many months, and I doubt we will see the increased battery percentage at all. I hope I'm wrong, but the uneven trickle of updates so far was very disappointing. If recent build shipping with updated software since the summer, there is no good reason that we shouldn't be able to access them on demand. To me, the OTA feature is the weakest link in this model. I think they are way too timid with it, and seem to not understand the importance of it to the customer. Then again, maybe the average customer could care less.

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
Oh, my new GT has the energy use bar. If PAAK is working flawlessly I may have to set it up now. I assume that fordpass would then show the buttons to open the windows and such?
It should. I have buttons in FordPass for the windows for sure.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Based on my experience with my First Edition, I serioulsy doubt there will be any OTA for the GT for many months, and I doubt we will see the increased battery percentage at all. I hope I'm wrong, but the uneven trickle of updates so far was very disappointing. If recent build shipping with updated software since the summer, there is no good reason that we shouldn't be able to access them on demand. To me, the OTA feature is the weakest link in this model. I think they are way too timid with it, and seem to not understand the importance of it to the customer. Then again, maybe the average customer could care less.
Some MMEs now have the charge and battery improvements, so I am optimistic we can get them applied to the GT as well. I agree it may never come through a OTA, but I bet we can do it with FORScan or by going to the dealer and having them do the necessary updates. If the dealer does it, we may have to pay. But I am willing to pay for it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Some MMEs now have the charge and battery improvements, so I am optimistic we can get them applied to the GT as well. I agree it may never come through a OTA, but I bet we can do it with FORScan or by going to the dealer and having them do the necessary updates. If the dealer does it, we may have to pay. But I am willing to pay for it.
In my experience, the only way to normally get the dealers to cover the update is if they think it might fix a bug or problem that you are having. Then they can get paid by Ford.
Sponsored