Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Same here as the rest of you. My premium order which me dealer said he canceled is scheduled the week of 12/7. My dealer sees an order out there for my FE, but no build date. This sucks. I know we had no guarantees, but surely Ford new the implications in launching a “First Edition”. This is the very reason I was willing to pay more. I guess on the bright side I’ll save $3600.
Sponsored

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
Wouldn’t that be nice. Not holding my breath except for that grabber blue loaded machine.
Exactly! I saw that color and especially with the red calipers I really wanted that one. Was hoping to get it this year and grab that tax credit. I almost got a model Y but held off with all the quality issues and the COVID stuff.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
What’s interesting is I just looked at the email I received from Ford when they confirmed my Mach Drop order on October 2nd and it does say late 2020, with a bunch of caveats. I guess if one person gets a car on December 31st they met expectations:

• September 30, 2020 – final order list confirmed.
  • Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks.
  • Late 2020 – the first Mustang Mach-E customer deliveries will begin. Exact timing for individual vehicles will depend on scheduling order, plant capacity, shipping times and other variables

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
What’s interesting is I just looked at the email I received from Ford when they confirmed my Mach Drop order on October 2nd and it does say late 2020, with a bunch of caveats. I guess if one person gets a car on December 31st they met expectations:

• September 30, 2020 – final order list confirmed.
  • Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks.
  • Late 2020 – the first Mustang Mach-E customer deliveries will begin. Exact timing for individual vehicles will depend on scheduling order, plant capacity, shipping times and other variables
Sorry, what is a Mach Drop?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
"Mach Drop" is slang for a botched advertising campaign intended to drive customer interest in high end goods.

An example:

Peter discovered a Mach Drop on Instagram. His excitement to pay more money and jump the line for a First Edition Mach-E quickly led him down a dark, tortuous path of dead end communications and loss of his original Premium order.

Another example:

Rebecca earned a promotion to a directorship position at BBDO for her excellent design and mis-execution of the Mach Drop campaign for Ford Motor Company.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
In a nutshell:

12/21 schedule for premium AWD ER made on launch night

Told FE will be scheduled to arrive after, likely with a build date set by next week.

Told the the lesser trims are getting pushed ahead of most FE.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
In a nutshell:

Told FE will be scheduled to arrive after, likely with a build date set by next week.

My dealer's saying the same thing. Figuring it's going to be an additional week for my FE. He talked me off the ledge for now. I was ready to 86 the Mach Drop order. I want my car!

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
My dealer's saying the same thing. Figuring it's going to be an additional week for my FE. He talked me off the ledge for now. I was ready to 86 the Mach Drop order. I want my car!
So perhaps we should rename the FE to “Second Edition” and take comfort that we are paying extra for a car with the production kinks all worked out?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I’m one of the unicorns that did my original order through the Mach Drop program this summer. It’s been pretty bumpy not gonna lie.

My dealer did confirm my order and I received the status email from Ford at the beginning of October but nothing since.

I don’t suppose they already made all the Drops and we are going to get an email telling us our cars are ready?
Haha wishful thinking - possible but I doubt it

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So perhaps we should rename the FE to “Second Edition” and take comfort that we are paying extra for a car with the production kinks all worked out?
Yup makes sense ;)

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
It was an online marketing campaign that made additional First Editions available a couple months ago. I used the option to convert my Premium (reserved last November, ordered ASAP early July) to a FE to get Grabber Blue and hopefully the fed tax credit this year. My Premium was likely to arrive next year (#19xxx). Now we don’t have any build dates on the machdrop FE’s.

Reactions: UW2

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
In a nutshell:

They want to get the FEs done right i.e. the First editions that work as expected;)

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
As my premium that I reserved on launch night is likely to not be delivered until 2021, the extra time for the FE, despite how annoying, is not a show stopper. Had I known this a year ago, I might have opted to wait even more for a GT.

Still, I wish they had communicated this change to FE production, or at least leaked it.
Sponsored