OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
As my premium that I reserved on launch night is likely to not be delivered until 2021, the extra time for the FE, despite how annoying, is not a show stopper. Had I known this a year ago, I might have opted to wait even more for a GT.

Still, I wish they had communicated this change to FE production, or at least leaked it.
At this rate and with COVID, the GT might be even later than planned...
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What’s interesting is I just looked at the email I received from Ford when they confirmed my Mach Drop order on October 2nd and it does say late 2020, with a bunch of caveats. I guess if one person gets a car on December 31st they met expectations:

• September 30, 2020 – final order list confirmed.
  • Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks.
  • Late 2020 – the first Mustang Mach-E customer deliveries will begin. Exact timing for individual vehicles will depend on scheduling order, plant capacity, shipping times and other variables
Yep. Sounds about right.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
My dealer's saying the same thing. Figuring it's going to be an additional week for my FE. He talked me off the ledge for now. I was ready to 86 the Mach Drop order. I want my car!
Did you ask if you could cancel the mach drop and go back to the premium? Curious if that is an option

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Got the MachDrop email and talked to my dealer today who says he sees my original order (Premium) and my MachDrop in the system but neither with build updates. The rest of the premiums at his dealership all have build dates already
Same here. Should have kept my premium I reserved on reveal night.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Called my dealer today. Basically brushed off again. I already have a build week of 11/30 for my original premium (from email Ford sent me) and he says, yeah that's probably the mach drop FE. I said no, it clearly says my original White Premium AWD order. He also said there is nothing in wbdo that he can see for a FE in Grabber Blue. This is the most fun I've had spending $60k in my life!

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What’s interesting is I just looked at the email I received from Ford when they confirmed my Mach Drop order on October 2nd and it does say late 2020, with a bunch of caveats. I guess if one person gets a car on December 31st they met expectations:

• September 30, 2020 – final order list confirmed.
  • Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks.
  • Late 2020 – the first Mustang Mach-E customer deliveries will begin. Exact timing for individual vehicles will depend on scheduling order, plant capacity, shipping times and other variables
Except my MachDrop FE wasn't confirmed Mid-October... My dealer can't see it in the order bank...I talked to dealer today and they don't really know what is going on at Ford. I don't fault the dealer, but Ford hasn't been communicating with them as to what's going on.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Called my dealer today. Basically brushed off again. I already have a build week of 11/30 for my original premium (from email Ford sent me) and he says, yeah that's probably the mach drop FE. I said no, it clearly says my original White Premium AWD order. He also said there is nothing in wbdo that he can see for a FE in Grabber Blue. This is the most fun I've had spending $60k in my life!
These dealers are complete morons.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yeah one would think the suppliers would really work hard to get our 60k but when demand outpaces supply they dont have to I guess - this too will change, I hope, when there is more competition when most of come around to changing these Mach Es in a few years.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have emailed my dealer yesterday enquiring about my Mach drop FE build dates and he is usually responsive even if it is just a "will get back to you" response - nothing so far in 2 days.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
These dealers are complete morons.
I think it’s beyond the dealers. I called the Ford Customer Service line today and the gentleman I spoke with put me on hold for several minutes. When he returned he said neither he nor his supervisor knew what Mach Drop was and asked if I was inquiring about the Mach 1. ?

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah one would think the suppliers would really work hard to get our 60k but when demand outpaces supply they dont have to I guess - this too will change, I hope, when there is more competition when most of come around to changing these Mach Es in a few years.
50,000 cars is less than 1% of Ford's sales last year, so yeah the dealer's aren't all that excited about selling such a tiny volume. They also probably resent Ford's clear move to cut them out, nor is there going to be much residual maintenance with the thing.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think it’s beyond the dealers. I called the Ford Customer Service line today snd the gentleman I spoke with put me on hold for several minutes. When he returned he said neither he nor his manager knew what Mach Drop was and asked if I was inquiring about the Mach 1. ?
You’re a better person than me, because if I was on that call, I would have lost my crap!

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I think it’s beyond the dealers. I called the Ford Customer Service line today and the gentleman I spoke with put me on hold for several minutes. When he returned he said neither he nor his supervisor knew what Mach Drop was and asked if I was inquiring about the Mach 1. ?
Ford has something like 200,000 employees, not including supplier partners. You can imagine it's difficult to keep everyone up to date with the latest info. That said, McDonald's is able to get the same hamburger, at the same quality, ANYWHERE in the world. Ford must be able to do better, and Elena Ford is in charge of that. Get the message to her if you want change.
Sponsored