FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
my drop still says unscheduled. Are there many other drops still like this? This process is painful.
Checked my dealer today... I am on the same boat... Premium scheduled for 12/6, FE nowhere in sight!
Sponsored

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My Premium was cancelled and the deposit was moved to the MachDrop order by the Dealer.
Second that, @Maric .

I called the retail orders line and they confirmed I should check with the dealer shortly after my post here earlier. The dealer confirmed that my deposit was in their system and that it would be applied to whichever vehicle I ultimately took delivery of, so all good. Whew!

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I too have multiple orders - once I purchase one vehicle the other gets canceled and deposit refunded. I am thinking its easier that way than to negotiate the cancelation first and posting that deposit towards the car I am purchasing.
The dealer indicated that it's Ford's discretion whether or not they'll allow them to keep the original order for their inventory or rescind it. I plan on taking the FE, so it's not my problem and I likely will never know the ultimate outcome for the dealer.

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
Says that when I call Ford or check with dealer on the status line of the order on their system. My dealer has no info other than that, and Ford has same or less when I call them. There are so few mac Drop orders that I don't know why they all haven't been scheduled yet, they told me my drop order was number 2, so it's not late or anything. Doesn't make much sense trickling a few drop orders in for build scheduling and then stopping.
Interesting, when my Mach Drop was accepted, I received an email from Ford the specifically states:

Please contact Program Headquarters at 1-800-404-4977 or [email protected] for assistance. Program Headquarters is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern.

Called and emailed, seems that no one on that department knows what MachDrop is or how to even find my order. Curious to know who do you call at Ford and how did they even find your order. Do you have a MachDrop order number?

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
Like others here, my dealer hasn't canceled my original Premium order. I'm wondering how the $500 deposit I placed on it gets transferred to my First Edition since the money was tied to the reservation. Has anyone's dealer made an indication yet what they're doing about it?
I was told by my dealer that the deposit would be / was transferred.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Fwiw my dealer was very clear a few weeks ago that he/I had to choose between machdrop fe or premium and cancel one, like that day. Unless I was willing to agree to order both. I chose machdrop. Seems like maybe the dealers with both machdrop and original premium on order may be still pending?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fwiw my dealer was very clear a few weeks ago that he/I had to choose between machdrop fe or premium and cancel one, like that day. Unless I was willing to agree to order both. I chose machdrop. Seems like maybe the dealers with both machdrop and original premium on order may be still pending?
I think it's all still consistent with the "Ford's discretion" stated above. In other words, NOT the dealer's discretion. My dealer said Ford warned dealers not to try and snag an extra MME for inventory by intentionally cancelling a 2nd order late for the same customer that had no intention of actually buying two. That could still be considered "Ford's discretion" though. Internally, Ford could quietly let a few priority dealers keep a few duplicates. The key being it's Ford's say-so, not the dealers.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
I said I wasn't going to worry about it any more, but after reading more posts here, I just fired off more emails. I emailed [email protected] and [email protected]. I've tried messaging people on twitter and LinkedIn but haven't had any luck. I wish they would realize there are a decent block of people that are frustrated with the lack of information (not to mention the pricing issues).

If I get any response from the emails, I'll be sure to post here.
I just received an email from my dealer, with two VIN numbers (cant tell which one is the Premium, and which one is the FE...). Build date is first week of December, and delivery in Qc, Canada mid-January!

When I enter those VIN at Ford.ca, it recognize them as Mach-Es! So excited!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Interesting, when my Mach Drop was accepted, I received an email from Ford the specifically states:

Please contact Program Headquarters at 1-800-404-4977 or [email protected] for assistance. Program Headquarters is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern.

Called and emailed, seems that no one on that department knows what MachDrop is or how to even find my order. Curious to know who do you call at Ford and how did they even find your order. Do you have a MachDrop order number?
I have a dealer order number from my dealer which is just a copy of one line of their order listings screen. It shows a 4 digit order number and some FE package codes, as well as "unscheduled/clean" designation.
The only way to use that order number is to give it and the exact dealer name and location together, then Ford Program Headquarters can look it up and find the order to tell you if it has moved from Unscheduled or not. Mine hasn't. Yes, aggravating...

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just received an email from my dealer, with two VIN numbers (cant tell which one is the Premium, and which one is the FE...). Build date is first week of December, and delivery in Qc, Canada mid-January!

When I enter those VIN at Ford.ca, it recognize them as Mach-Es! So excited!
Très content pour vous ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
From the two VINs I received from my dealer, It doesn't differentiate FEs from Premiums... Also, from the last 6 digits, can we know the build order at the plant? I have A08xxx and A07xxx
You're correct. There is no difference in the VINs between the E4X Premium and the First Edition.
Based ion what we've found, VINs are in order of VIN assignment, not build order.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Now I got an email back from the EV Team. They said my dealer is wrong and that my Mach Drop First Edition hasn't been scheduled yet. I'm beyond frustrated now.

BTW... I think you guys will like this line from the EV Team:
"The EV Team provides dealers with a wealth of resources to help them stay informed and help customers with their Mustang Mach-E purchasing experience."
Sorry man....that sucks. I’m so glad I cancelled my Mach drop FE order and just stuck with the existing Premium order. It’s just not worth it.
Sponsored