Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, that's about how it went. He said he was going to call me on the weekend when a new customer came in asking about the Mach-e.

I guess he didn't because he doesn't return my calls very often.

Now I just need a VIN.

Does anyone with a 1/4 build week have a VIN?
I have my VIN, also a MachDrop, Jan. 4th build. Your dealer has your VIN, OR has the ability to pull it for you.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
They are dripping these Drop and FE orders in slow motion it seems. Well, unless I'm the only one still hearing crickets about a build date. I wish they would get this together and get moving.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
@agoldman, I've had a VIN and 1/4 build date for two weeks now. No email from Ford stating so, but the information came straight from the dealership after a significant amount of badgering them. I agree with @Maric on this one; get in touch with your dealer and request an update.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They are dripping these Drop and FE orders in slow motion it seems. Well, unless I'm the only one still hearing crickets about a build date. I wish they would get this together and get moving.
You’re not the only one. I’ve given up trying to figure anything out. My dealer is completely incompetent (and to think I actually switch dealers to them).

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
If you have a Mach-Drop, you have to press your dealer for the build week and VIN. Mine seriously didn't know it was right there on the screen.

If someone can post a screenshot of what the web-interface for the dealer looks like and where the VIN is located that would help those dealers that have yet to locate a clue. And it would help those last few members that are still in the dark regarding their order status.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
You’re not the only one. I’ve given up trying to figure anything out. My dealer is completely incompetent (and to think I actually switch dealers to them).
It's easy to blame the dealer, but they don't really have any more info than Ford does as far as the status. The lack of updates is on Ford as far as I'm concerned. It's almost like there is a line issue that has paused things. probably not, but that's what it seems like. In any case, asside form a few insiders on this fourm, Ford seems clueless about how to appease us. It really wouldn't be hard at all. I have Y on order and get updates within minutes of asking. Probably won't take delivery on it, but they do seem to know how to run an ordering system better than Ford. Unfortuantley the car falls apart. ha.. Sigh...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What does " Mach Drop" mean?
It was a "catchy" promotional name for a program that Ford ran back in september to make more of the "first edition" mach e's available for purchase, after they initially "sold out" back in december of last year

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I cornered "the guy" at the dealership tonight. I had to show him where to find the build date. I have a build date! Like I thought, my two Mach's might be on the same truck.
priority 2, build week 1/4/2020
What exactly did you tell your "guy" about where to find the build date? My "guy" is clueless.

LandSpeed

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select IB
Country flag
It was a "catchy" promotional name for a program that Ford ran back in september to make more of the "first edition" mach e's available for purchase, after they initially "sold out" back in december of last year
Thank you Tim.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just received an email from my dealer regarding my Mach Drop MME FE. Guess when my build date is??? You guessed it: 1/4/2021. I even got my VIN. Happy day!
I wonder if it should be week of 1/4/21 instead of day of? Does the total count of Mach Drop cars exceed the daily capacity of the plant?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if it should be week of 1/4/21 instead of day of? Does the total count of Mach Drop cars exceed the daily capacity of the plant?
I'm assuming it is build week.

We've heard ~300 Machdrops. Easily in one week, maybe in one day, although everything we've heard suggests multiple trims continually mixed into the assembly line, so more likely they're spread throughout the week.

That's all assuming COVID doesn't set us back. Presumably this is the 1st week back after some holiday pause. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Sponsored