First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Hope
Just resurrecting this thread to say that I just put a deposit on a RAV4 Prime for my wife. We’ll be replacing her non-hybrid Pacifica. It will be interesting to compare the Prime to the MME even though they’re completely different vehicles. It should arrive in about a month.
You got one with the on board 6.6k
Make sure it can handle the torque and your driving style. The RAV4 Prime overloads the AWD so a sharp turn from a stop, especially in the wet, and you're car will look like a cartoon character on ice. Savage Geese did a good demo of that in his review.

Personally, I can't buy one because of the headroom on anything but the base models. The moonroof just eats it up.

I'm probably gonna wait for the Lexus NX in 2022 which has the same engine because I doubt Lexus would let a car go out like that.
Prime overloads the awd? Based upon what data have you referred to?
Sponsored

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Yeah, the XSE with Premium package.
The dealer has the car in stock and no markup? I've been browsing inventory on and off way before I bought my MME, and have never seen a car on a dealer lot. I've only seen one RAV4 prime all this time on the road since its release.

I put a deposit on a NX450h+ this week. I'm first in line and it will be sticker price. Unfortunately even though I thought I'm early in the game, my salesman said they can't spec the car, at least initially. They'll get what Lexus sends them. I gave him my color preference and just 2 options, luxury and Mark Levinson packages.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Toyota is actively engaging in the most lobbying against EVs than any other major manufacturer by a long shot. They'll never get a penny from me again.

The Prime is a RAV4 which is boring AF. No lipstick on that pig will make it desirable.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Toyota is actively engaging in the most lobbying against EVs than any other major manufacturer by a long shot. They'll never get a penny from me again.

The Prime is a RAV4 which is boring AF. No lipstick on that pig will make it desirable.
In addition to their anti-EV stance they screwed me over a matter of $1000 years ago (long story, but CPO means nothing to them and they won’t honor it) and since that since I’ve cost them over 5 car sales and counting. Good riddance.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When i first started my search to combine my Prius C and Honda Pilot into one vehicle, the RAV4 Prime was coming out. I saw it at a car show in Jan 2020 and was set on it. Then as they are started to become available, they were charging 10-15k over msrp negating the whole $7500 tax credit. Price was pushing 55-60k so i started looking at the BMW X3 PHEV since would be almost same price. I was all set to get one and then i found the Mach E. Almost as luxurious inside and without the high maintained or premium gas. It was exactly what i wanted with a way better interior then the bland RAV4. Dep place Nov 2020 and got it July 1st.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Toyota is actively engaging in the most lobbying against EVs than any other major manufacturer by a long shot.
It's astonishing and deeply disappointing at the same time. I expected much better from them, although I am not sure why

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
We looked into the RAV Prime when it was first announced, got on a waiting list at the local dealer, etc. It seemed like a great solution. Unfortunately, the dealer never got one and finally told us they don't think they will ever get one. That took care of that deal! One F-250 and one Mach-E GT later, and we are set for local and long distance travel. :)

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, the XSE with Premium package.
Have you driven the XSE Rav4 in all 3 driving modes? I was surprised how anemic the acceleration was in EV-Only mode. The 302 horsepower that some people RAVe about is only available from the gas engine - either Hybrid mode or Auto when you punch it. I have now been suitably spoiled by my MME. IMHO the RAV4 does not live up to my expectations on the EV side.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Have you driven the XSE Rav4 in all 3 driving modes? I was surprised how anemic the acceleration was in EV-Only mode. The 302 horsepower that some people RAVe about is only available from the gas engine - either Hybrid mode or Auto when you punch it. I have now been suitably spoiled by my MME. IMHO the RAV4 does not live up to my expectations on the EV side.
RAV4 Prime is a PHEV and not a BEV. It is not in the same class as the MME. The Ford Escape PHEV is another vehicle like the RAV4 Prime and will not have all the HP in EV only mode.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
No, I haven‘t. But I’ve watched a lot of videos, so I’m not expecting miracles. It will be my wife’s car, and her current minivan is not exactly a speed demon.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
RAV4 Prime has some pretty interesting specs as a PHEV that make it a good cross shopping competitor against the Mustang Mach-E AWD. Consumer Reports says it may be the best RAV4 they've tested.
  • 302hp
  • 5.6 seconds 0-60 (multiple media tests).
  • 42 miles of EV range
  • 600 miles total range
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33028735/2021-toyota-rav4-prime-xse-by-the-numbers/

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/2021-toyota-rav4-prime-review/
A bird in hand…..
I would have purchased the RAV 4 Prim
RAV4 Prime has some pretty interesting specs as a PHEV that make it a good cross shopping competitor against the Mustang Mach-E AWD. Consumer Reports says it may be the best RAV4 they've tested.
  • 302hp
  • 42 miles of EV range
  • 600 miles total range
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33028735/2021-toyota-rav4-prime-xse-by-the-numbers/

I would have purchased the RAV 4 Prime, but they were only making 5000 and all were sold, so I got a mach E.
It doesn’t matter which is ‘better’ if only one of them is for sale.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It's astonishing and deeply disappointing at the same time. I expected much better from them, although I am not sure why
They were the leader in hybridization, I also sort of thought they would take up the mantle with EVs. But they don’t wanna seem to let their hybrid tech go/in denial that it is very rapidly being overtaken by BEV tech.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
  • 302hp
  • 42 miles of EV range
  • 600 miles total range

Be careful, I had a 2017 RAV4 hybrid and it was not AWD as advertised. Below 30 mph it was a poor excuse for a FWD car as only 1 wheel turns in the snow so I got stuck all the time. Traded it in on a Honda CRV. Some car review site out of Colorado confirmed this by putting one wheel on a dolly and it wouldn’t go anywhere. They did the same test on a Mach-e and it passed with 2 wheels on dollys.
Sponsored