Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Black Premium reserved 11/17- AWD
I have two questions for you guys-
1. do you think it will really be late 2020- any chance it's sooner? odds of it being pushed back?
2. leasing vs. buying? I always buy but I wonder if these things will hold their value. I guess that's the gamble with being an early adopter of something!
1. I have no idea.
2. I know currently, it is better to lease an EV as battery and motor tech continues to evolve. And, yes, that's the gamble. When it comes to tech, when I buy, I never look back as it is always better and cheaper the next update.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
When I leased my Honda Clarity PHEV, the EV credits for both Federal and NY State, went to the dealer/leese and reduced the price of the car and lowered the monthly payment. Before leasing, definitely have an idea of your annual mileage as you weigh buying vs. leasing.

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
When I leased my Honda Clarity PHEV, the EV credits for both Federal and NY State, went to the dealer/leese and reduced the price of the car and lowered the monthly payment. Before leasing, definitely have an idea of your annual mileage as you weigh buying vs. leasing.
good point- that tax credit will bring down lease prices in all likelihood

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder how the tax credit works for GT owners, since those will be the last trim to be delivered (if estimates are correct). It would suck to not get the max credit just because we wanted to top trim.

Reactions: JB.

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
How did anyone put a $500 deposit reservation on a mach E GT?

Do we have to chose which model we want at the time of the deposit?

Or do we just put a deposit on the mach E? And choose later on when we get more information and hopefully see the various mach E in person at a car show etc..

According to what I read only the premium at 50 grand or the first edition at 60 grand can be reserved? If Im understanding this ......and if Im dropping 60 grand I prefer the gt model more so than the first edition model...

I dont know what the premium version at 50 grand looks like...if I can only reserve these two models right now...

I would appreciate any assistance to understand whats going on.

Last edited:

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How did anyone put a $500 deposit reservation on a mach E GT?

Do we have to chose which model we want at the time of the deposit?

Or do we just put a deposit on the mach E? And choose later on when we get more information and hopefully see the various mach E in person at a car show etc..
When you go to reserve now, you choose a trim.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I wonder how the tax credit works for GT owners, since those will be the last trim to be delivered (if estimates are correct). It would suck to not get the max credit just because we wanted to top trim.
I don’t think the tax credit begins to phase out exactly on the 200,000th vehicle sold, but rather the year that vehicle is sold. I think Ford has another 84,000 EVs to sell. I don’t imagine they would sell those by the end of 2020. Also, I believe the Select and California Rt 1 trims are also due to be released in early 2021. I bet the Select trim will be the volume seller (if there is one) due to price.

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
I cant really tell all the various options and packages because there were none with the exception to the various models.

Im sure as this gets closer we will get a clearer picture of the colors options and packages etc.

Fwiw if I remember correctly once a manufacturer hits the 200k threshold...then you have another 3 or six months at tjat previous federal crdit level. Then it drops to 3750 for six months or two quarters and then it drops to 1875 federal discount...and then it drops to zero in I think six months...or quarter? I really dont remember the whole ev federal credit scenario as it draws down.

Hopefully the GT model will still be eligible for some type of federal tax credit...not sure since it talks about 2021 deliveries...

Hard to say what fords rollout will be with regards to production volume early on.

millim

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964.5 Mustang, Audi A6, Volvo S90 T8
Country flag
I couldn't help myself - I still have my dad's 1964.5 Prairie Bronze 289 convertible that he bought sight unseen - number 5047 out of Dearborn. He passed away when I was 6, so it's incredibly special to me, and i felt like I had to order a First Edition for myself to be among the first with an electric Mustang.

I was originally going to go with the blue since I've always loved that color, but ultimately decided on Carbonized Gray.

Last edited:

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
I couldn't help myself - I still have my dad's 1964.5 Prairie Bronze 289 convertible that he bought sight unseen - number 5047 out of Dearborn. He passed away when I was 6, so it's incredibly special to me, and i felt like I had to order a First Edition for myself to be among the first with an electric Mustang.

I was originally going to go with the blue since I've always loved that color, but ultimately decided on Carbonized Gray.
That’s a great story- my dad has a ‘67. You have to do a side by side pic when you get it.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
The reserve is just to put your name on the list (it applies a credit to your order). You do all your ordering mid 2020.
Just note of clarification. According to a FAQ on Ford's website your deposit is NOT applied to your order but instead returned to you. ...

What happens to the Reservation Deposit if I order a Mustang Mach-E model?

The Reservation Deposit will be refunded back to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days after your dealer confirms your order.1

*¹ By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.

I thought the latter part of the footnote was just as noteworthy in that the price could change from the time you placed your reservation to when you submit your order.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Configured and submitted reservation for
  • Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM
  • Extended Range Battery - AWD
  • Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
  • Black Onyx Perforated ActiveX ™ Seating Material
Noticed reservation indicated estimated MSRP "excludes $1,100 in Destination & Delivery" charges.

Reactions: JB.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I submitted my reservation for a First Edition model in Grabber Blue as soon as the site was up (I was just sitting there refreshing the page as the announcement was happening).

This'll be my first EV. I'm really happy with what I've seen so far of the Mach-E, it seems to tick all my boxes. I really hope there's no hiccups along the way, especially since my area has zero EVs around (not even the Chevy dealers within 100 miles of here get any Bolts, etc).

I sent out an e-mail to the local Ford dealership I selected on the reservation just to see if they have any idea's of their participation in ordering/etc.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
So, I signed up for the Mustang Club yesterday so I can use X pricing...where do you put that in?

Also, going to order the Carbonized Grey - Premium.
I'm going to guess that like at every refresh of the Mustang there will be no X pricing for it the first year or two its out. Would not expect that to be available. i'll take it if it is, but I expect these to go full retail.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I'm going to guess that like at every refresh of the Mustang there will be no X pricing for it the first year or two its out. Would not expect that to be available. i'll take it if it is, but I expect these to go full retail.
They will be full retail until they have cars on the lot for sure. That's why I hang back on introductions. Let the dust settle first. That's what I was doing with Tesla but the market is changing quickly.
Sponsored