Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m just waiting till I take delivery this weekend to order a dash cam. I want to make sure that it‘s not to difficult to install in the Mach-E.
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Has anyone used the IROAD OBD-II cable in a Mach-E yet? I just ordered the Thinkware U1000 with that cable, hope it works ok. They have different versions for electric cars and ICE cars.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
The main reason to use the OBD port is to avoid splicing into the cars wiring system. You can easily remove the connector to return the car to factory condition.
I have a response on the other thread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dash-cams.3661/post-115475

You don't have to splice wire, just replace the 12 V fuse with the special adapter.

I have installed DashCam on 2 of my cars (MME not yet). One of them is always on, and the other will turn off when I turn off the car.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone used the IROAD OBD-II cable in a Mach-E yet? I just ordered the Thinkware U1000 with that cable, hope it works ok. They have different versions for electric cars and ICE cars.
I’m looking at the same 4K Dash Cam. Once you’ve installed the U1000 please post a picture and if you had any issues with the OBD And how easy it was the run/hide the cables. I was going to order the U1000 with the OBD and also the hardwire kit just in case I couldn’t figure out the OBD. My second option was the BlackVue 900X. Did you go with the 2 channel version?

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m looking at the same 4K Dash Cam. Once you’ve installed the U1000 please post a picture and if you had any issues with the OBD And how easy it was the run/hide the cables. I was going to order the U1000 with the OBD and also the hardwire kit just in case I couldn’t figure out the OBD. My second option was the BlackVue 900X. Did you go with the 2 channel version?
The ford accessory site offers other Thinkware webcams and those kits have the OBD adapter included. I suspect The OBD adapter is compatible. Why would Ford offer accessories that wound't work with the Mach E.

https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/mustang-mach-e/2021.html?cat=391

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The ford accessory site offers other Thinkware webcams and those kits have the OBD adapter included. I suspect The OBD adapter is compatible. Why would Ford offer accessories that wound't work with the Mach E.

https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/mustang-mach-e/2021.html?cat=391
Does it say compatible with Mach-E?
The IROAD OBD-II Cable comes in two versions: a "Non-Electric/Hybrid" option for conventional gasoline/hybrid engines, and a "Electric" option for true electric vehicles (ie. gets all of its power from electrical sources).

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does it say compatible with Mach-E?
The IROAD OBD-II Cable comes in two versions: a "Non-Electric/Hybrid" option for conventional gasoline/hybrid engines, and a "Electric" option for true electric vehicles (ie. gets all of its power from electrical sources).
I provided a link to the Ford accessory site filtered on the Mach E and dash cams. So according to Ford the dash cams in the link are compatible. Beyond that I don't have any further details. You'll have to reach out to Ford to see which version of the OBD connecter they are including in those kits.

UPDATE: I saw your mention of IROD adapters. Thinkware provides its own adapter the HWK-TW01 for OBD connections. There is no mention on Thinkware's site about EV vs. ICE installations. Correction: Thinkware says the HWK-TW01 is not EV compatible. I suspect that is the cable provided in the Ford kits. May want to reach out to Thinkware\Ford on compatibility.

Last edited:

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know if there are front facing sensors on the rear view mirror that would determine where not to place the dash cam?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks. I emailed someone else and another person responded from the executive office. I have a call with them tomorrow.
Any update?

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you say OBDII adapter, does that prevent the port from being used? I hope to keep a Bluetooth OBDII adapter always plugged in while driving for data logging on my phone, so that'd bummer if I can't have both that and the Ford dashcam while they develop a built-in solution.
What is the adapter you’re using for data logging? What data does it log?
Sponsored